Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Next in order is deleting that damn middle seat belt. I know it doesn't take up much but I need all the space I can get behind the seat.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Next in order is deleting that damn middle seat belt. I know it doesn't take up much but I need all the space I can get behind the seat.
Middle seat belt? There is no middle seat belt on a SuperCab... well at least on our 2019 there isn't.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
Middle seat belt? There is no middle seat belt on a SuperCab... well at least on our 2019 there isn't.
Is in the crew cab. I can't imagine three people intimate enough to sit back there - especially since there is no legroom for the middle seat. They would have to be a double amputee below the knees.

I get it - they put it in there because it makes it the best selling or most capable or hottest new ruck that seats 5 people. It's a class / segment thing. Take it off and the Taco and Colorado all of the sudden become "better" if only on paper because they seat 5.

But if it's only there for that purpose, give us an easy DIY delete.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Is in the crew cab. I can't imagine three people intimate enough to sit back there - especially since there is no legroom for the middle seat. They would have to be a double amputee below the knees.

I get it - they put it in there because it makes it the best selling or most capable or hottest new ruck that seats 5 people. It's a class / segment thing. Take it off and the Taco and Colorado all of the sudden become "better" if only on paper because they seat 5.

My rear headrests is in the barn ...

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
My rear headrests is in the barn ...
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
But what about that middle seatbelt? Found a way to put it in the barn with the headrest?

Reactions: Doc

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

Actually the room of a rear seat in a crew cab is not any different then what I had in a mountaineer. My kids were always debating who gets center during long trips. I came back with the straw draw. They were ok with that ?

PowerTools

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCab, 2003 SportTrac
Occupation
yes
I use my rear headrests to hang my hats. I can post of picture if you need one.
Yeah, i do the same, but the dog knocks them off. Guess he likes to try them on. Who knows what he does behind my seat. #DoggieSupercabSecrets

Reactions: Doc

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Just did the fold 'mod'. 2020 with build date of 10/20 still have the folding mechanism. That has to be the stupidest money-saving move I've seen yet.

I only had 3/8 dowel, and it still works fine. 1 7/8 inch dowel, a felt sticky round, in and out in 5 minutes*

*never did figure out how to remove the rear seatback. Removed the bolt, yanked, tugged, cursed, went back and searched the internet, then gave up and just yanked the headrests off with will of mind.

PowerTools

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCab, 2003 SportTrac
Occupation
yes
Just did the fold 'mod'. 2020 with build date of 10/20 still have the folding mechanism. That has to be the stupidest money-saving move I've seen yet.

I only had 3/8 dowel, and it still works fine. 1 7/8 inch dowel, a felt sticky round, in and out in 5 minutes*

*never did figure out how to remove the rear seatback. Removed the bolt, yanked, tugged, cursed, went back and searched the internet, then gave up and just yanked the headrests off with will of mind.

That is the official, approved removal method.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
That is the official, approved removal method.
They must have changed the design? On our 2019... they just pulled right up and out. Easy Peazy

001.JPG

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
They must have changed the design? On our 2019... they just pulled right up and out. Easy Peazy

001.JPG
They do pull up and out.... IF they are folded. Unfolded they hit the headliner and it takes some persuation to come out. You can loosen the bolt to allow the seat back to bend a bit, which I did on the first one because I was trying to remove the back. Even without the bolt I couldn't get the back to come off, so I just yanked the rest up and out. On the 2nd side I didn't remove or loosen the bolt, I just yanked until it came off.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
I've got a 2021 XLT, assume built in the last month or so given it just arrived at the lot. no hidden folding hardware unfortunately when i pulled apart the headrest.
Sponsored