First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Emergency Communications Dispatcher
I was wanting to reach out to see if anyone has tried 265/70R18 tires on OEM 18 inch wheels with no level or lift. I did a search and scanned through the posts on the thread biggest tires with no lift but that quickly morphed into folks posting about their tires with level and lift kits with scant information otherwise. I am just looking for someone with verified fitment. Right now, it is purely for aesthetics. I would like to have them fill out my fender wells without rubbing. Down the road, I will be getting an OME suspension, but for now, I am in the market to replace my factory Hankooks since my Ranger is my DD. Thanks for any assistance provided!
Sponsored

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I was wanting to reach out to see if anyone has tried 265/70R18 tires on OEM 18 inch wheels with no level or lift. I did a search and scanned through the posts on the thread biggest tires with no lift but that quickly morphed into folks posting about their tires with level and lift kits with scant information otherwise. I am just looking for someone with verified fitment. Right now, it is purely for aesthetics. I would like to have them fill out my fender wells without rubbing. Down the road, I will be getting an OME suspension, but for now, I am in the market to replace my factory Hankooks since my Ranger is my DD. Thanks for any assistance provided!
I'm 100% with you. I also have the 18" wheel and wondered the same things. My only difference is that I will not be lifting my truck - maybe a front level - maaaabey.

My previous truck (F150 FX4) had all of that - lift and larger tires and I went with the Ranger to downsize - vertically.

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Wish I could tell you. A user named Maltese was able to fit 33.1x10 without a lift but that was on 17s so I don't know if 18s would work. The concensus seems to be that width is a limiting factor in how large of a tire we can run without modification. I don't know how height and the size of the wheel play into that.

There's a spreadsheet that someone created in one of the big tire threads with info about peoples set ups. The widest tire on the list for a stock vehicle I could find was a 10.4" on 17s. Unfortunately people with 18" wheels usually end of changing things like offset, lifts and other things to keep the tires from rubbing.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Last edited:

OP
OP
NedKelly

NedKelly

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank y'all so much for the information and providing the links! It is greatly appreciated! Now, time to get those tires ordered!

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Thank y'all so much for the information and providing the links! It is greatly appreciated! Now, time to get those tires ordered!
Agreed with Christopher.

I have about 10K miles left on mine so I'll certainly use this information when I'm ready for new, taller tires.

Thanks!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
:)

1623352901762.png

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Administrator I
If you do with the 265/70R18 please post pics and let us know if there are any issues. I'd like to know as well.

OP
OP
NedKelly

NedKelly

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Will do!

OP
OP
NedKelly

NedKelly

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They should be at the tire shop, but I am waiting for my 30000 mile service (in about 1500 miles) to get them installed. That will help me remember their mileage. I will update with pics after I get them installed.

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Administrator I
I just got Falken WildPeak A/T3w 265/70R18 passanger rated tires installed on my truck today. It looks like there is some slight rubbing on the drivers side front crash bar at full lock when it's articulating. The passanger side looks fine. So if you're going to install these and stay stock you might want to see if you can adjust your crash bars before you get them installed. Sorry I didn't get good pics of the tire at full lock. I'll be getting the FP Fox 2.0 Leveling kit installed tomorrow morning.

According to Falken the tires are 32.6" tall and 10.8" wide.

20210621_175212[1].jpg

20210621_175130[1].jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
NedKelly

NedKelly

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just got Falken WildPeak A/T3w 265/270R18 passanger rated tires installed on my truck today. It looks like there is some slight rubbing on the drivers side front crash bar at full lock when it's articulating. The passanger side looks fine. So if you're going to install these and stay stock you might want to see if you can adjust your crash bars before you get them installed. Sorry I didn't get good pics of the tire at full lock. I'll be getting the FP Fox 2.0 Leveling kit installed tomorrow morning.

According to Falken the tires are 32.6" tall and 10.8" wide.

20210621_175212[1].jpg

20210621_175130[1].jpg
Thanks for the information and pics!