First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4, 1994 Miata K-swap
Occupation
Design Engineer/ Racecars
Bought my 2020 XLT FX4 last November after trading in my 3 year old F150. Not towing as much these days, a 2wd V8 truck wasn't as practical for me as a FX4 Ranger.

Gone down the rabbit hole of mods since then, currently installed or will come on and off the truck as needed for trips(I'm a engineer and spreadsheets are life but NEVER let your partner see the list.. that or fudge the numbers!):

- Diode Dynamics Fog Lights
- Rockblokz mudflaps
- Built Right Dash panel with RAM mount tablet holder
- Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit Tonneau
- RCI Bed Rack
- Fox 2.0's
- Old Man Emu Medium Weight Rear Springs
- Livernois 93 Performance tune
- Bed lighting
- Huskey Mats
- Mishimoto Intercooler and piping
- Mishimoto Catch Can
- Prinsu Roof Rack
-Roam Vagabond RRT with Annex
- RCI bike mounts

Sitting in garage or on its way to my door:
- Aux beam switch panel
- ViAir Medium On-Board air w/ tank
- RRW Sliders
- RRW RW7 Wheels
- 33" Falken Wildpeaks
- APG Control Arms
- Front Runner Fuel can holder with 2 NATO cans
- Home built Solar Shower

Thinking about a rear seat delete for the dogs and travel, see how our big trip across the divide from New Mexico to Montana goes this summer first! :)

83C92F15-18C1-444A-96FB-882E37FD8E20 (1).JPG

IMG_9770 (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg
IMG_8732.jpg
IMG_9775.JPG
IMG_9747.jpg
IMG_9774.JPG
IMG_9772.JPG
IMG_9771.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I dig your setup! You must get terrible fuel economy though lol I know if
you throw a bike on top of a Prius it kills the fuel economy

OP
OP
MTBranger

MTBranger

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Build looks good! Where are you mounting that tank?
I am playing around with a few ideas right now. There is room above the spare tire just before the axle to mount a plate for the tank and compressor even if I have a 33" under there, from what I can tell from mock up, that's idea #1. I am going to spend some time under the truck and brainstorm a bit more and see if anything else pops out at me.

If people are interested in a "no drill" style plate in that area I might try and get some made and coated.

This is the area with the spare removed:
IMG_9721.jpg

OP
OP
MTBranger

MTBranger

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I dig your setup! You must get terrible fuel economy though lol I know if
you throw a bike on top of a Prius it kills the fuel economy
Username checks out! :fistbump:

Yeah, I got like 16.5/17mpg from Austin to Bentionville and back a few weeks ago. With the bed rack off I get about 20/21 still on my interstate commute. I can't imagine how bad its going to be with rack, tent, MTB's, roof rack fuel and storage, etc in full overland trim this summer. It will be 90% off road anyways so aero MPG lose isn't a big issue.

Trying my best to make the setup as easy to take on and off as needed. Going to build a hoist/storage setup that lifts the tent/rack off the back when not needed.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I am playing around with a few ideas right now. There is room above the spare tire just before the axle to mount a plate for the tank and compressor even if I have a 33" under there, from what I can tell from mock up, that's idea #1. I am going to spend some time under the truck and brainstorm a bit more and see if anything else pops out at me.

If people are interested in a "no drill" style plate in that area I might try and get some made and coated.

This is the area with the spare removed:
IMG_9721.jpg

That would be a good location. Any idea where you are mounting the compressor?

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Username checks out! :fistbump:

Yeah, I got like 16.5/17mpg from Austin to Bentionville and back a few weeks ago. With the bed rack off I get about 20/21 still on my interstate commute. I can't imagine how bad its going to be with rack, tent, MTB's, roof rack fuel and storage, etc in full overland trim this summer. It will be 90% off road anyways so aero MPG lose isn't a big issue.

Trying my best to make the setup as easy to take on and off as needed. Going to build a hoist/storage setup that lifts the tent/rack off the back when not needed.
That’s freakin rad man! Not bad though for all that stuff. You are still getting better fuel economy than a Tacoma empty lol

OP
OP
MTBranger

MTBranger

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That would be a good location. Any idea where you are mounting the compressor?
There's also room for the compressor right next to the tank in that spot, perfect sized space just behind the bracket that holds the brake hardline/Softline transition for the axle. you can kinda see the edge of the bracket in the top left of the photo.

OP
OP
MTBranger

MTBranger

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A few new updates to the build!

I made a plate to install the Viair compressor and tank with some cut off material at the shop. Doesn't work with the spare for now but I wanted to make sure the mounting method worked. I will make a V2 down the road and maybe extras if there's any interest. I wish I had a welder and my own shop space still, would be much easier to mock things up.

IMG_0142_(1).jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Wheels finally arrived, 33" Falken Wild Peaks on RRW RH7 wheels. Got the APG control arms on as well.

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Nism0z33

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Saber Crew Cab XLT Fx4
Occupation
Machinist
Did you have rubbing issues with your wheel setup? Just got toyo AT3 285/75/17 on fuel wheels 17x9 +1 and they run in the back. And I have the BDS intrusion beans that I now have to remove, trim, and reinforced with a center rib piece before installing to make sure it clears… still need to figure out the plastic molding, and the fender liner too
Sponsored