CACTUS GREY Ranger Club Thread

Meech_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2021 VW Tiguan R-Line
Hey Everyone,
Iā€™m new to the Ranger club.

just picked up this Cactus Grey (Squidward Grey) XLT FX4 last weekend.

i was honestly looking for an Oxford White local to me that had the FX4 package but I could not find one anywhere within 4-5 hours of me.

Saw this guy at a dealership nearby and once I saw the color in person it grew on me.

My dealership has a lifetime power train warranty for as long as Iā€™m the original owner on the vehicle so that leaned me into going with this truck and ending the hunt for the white one instead.

loving the truck so far except for one huge complaint. When shutting the front doors on the truck, they sound ā€œTinny or Hollowā€ and itā€™s driving me bonkers!

5E4B72CD-2C3B-4963-B616-62D96B895E57.jpeg

3716BAED-D7C9-432C-B305-4E5E9E74FE29.jpeg

Im looking forward to starting the build process and making it my own.

Tomorrow morning I am picking up 32 inch General Grabber X3s. Iā€™m too scared to commit to cutting the crash bars this early on, so Iā€™m staying a modest tire size for now.

Monday Iā€™m getting the spray in bed liner taken care of.

After that, I think Iā€™m going to try and find a nice set of Rock Sliders.

greypilgrim76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Soul +, 2011 Subaru Outback
Occupation
English Professor
I hadn't seen cactus gray in person until tonight. Online, it looked like sort of a dingy white, and I wasn't impressed. I was gonna go with carbonized gray. My salesperson called this afternoon and said they just got a custom-order cactus gray Bronco in that'd be picked up tomorrow. The wife and I drove over and took a look, and it's actually pretty amazing. More of a light olive drab in the sun. As far as I'm concerned, carbonized gray is old and busted, and cactus gray is the new hotness. :)

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Hello fam! Here's my Ranger that I picked up just this last weekend. Was set on the blue but decided on the gray after seeing it in person. Loving this truck.

Truck2.jpg

Truck1.jpg

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
loving the truck so far except for one huge complaint. When shutting the front doors on the truck, they sound ā€œTinny or Hollowā€ and itā€™s driving me bonkers!
My big complaint is this too. Seriously, I am coming from a 2015 Ford F***ing Focus, and the doors on that thing weighed twice as much (or at least it felt like it), and provided for a serious "thunk" when you closed them. I almost have to look around and make sure no one is watching before I close the Ranger's, it's that embarrassing. Half-tempted to tear into the doors and add some Dynamat in there.

That aside, let's see those Grabbers when you get them on! I have a Sport (so my Bridgestones are even smaller than your Hankooks), and looking to upgrade my tires soon too.

Last edited:

Meech_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My big complaint is this too. Seriously, I am coming from a 2015 Ford F***ing Focus, and the doors on that thing weighed twice as much (or at least it felt like it), and provided for a serious "thunk" when you closed them. I almost have to look around and make sure no one is watching before I close the Ranger's, it's that embarrassing. Half-tempted to tear into the doors and add some Dynamat in there.

That aside, let's see those Grabbers when you get them on! I have a Sport (so my Bridgestones are even smaller than your Hankooks), and looking to upgrade my tires soon too.
Hey Dat,

here a couple photos with the General Grabber X3. I went with the red lettering models to accent the FX4 badge.Hopefully next year Iā€™ll be brave enough to move up to a bigger tire if I get ballsy enough to mess with the crash bars.

Also got the spray-in bed liner done from Line-X

I definitely want to come up with a solution for the embarrassing door noise soon.

D02F844D-0BDD-4F96-BD7B-3ABFFE5E4169.jpeg

050F7DAB-3B3F-45EC-B29D-136F8CB75855.jpeg

9976FD91-B59A-4BB0-A8DC-1450B578B2A7.jpeg

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
Hey Dat,

here a couple photos with the General Grabber X3. I went with the red lettering models to accent the FX4 badge.Hopefully next year Iā€™ll be brave enough to move up to a bigger tire if I get ballsy enough to mess with the crash bars.

I definitely want to come up with a solution for the embarrassing door noise soon.

Looks great! Looks damn near a Tremor now.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Hello fam! Here's my Ranger that I picked up just this last weekend. Was set on the blue but decided on the gray after seeing it in person. Loving this truck.

Truck2.jpg

Truck1.jpg
Really like the color matched bumpers and fender trim with the chrome. Very classy look with some brawn still.

Meech_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Looks damn near a Tremor now.
Yeah i'm slowly building mine up to be just slightly different from a Tremor.

Instead of Grabber ATs, I went with X3s.

I'm going to find rocksliders that mount up closer to the body. The "rock sliders" or running boards on the tremor are a bit too much for what i'm looking for. Looking at Shrockworks sliders for my Ranger. I don't like the steps that come with the Tremor. They look like they will just get lodged in mud or get caught on something when offroading.

I will also replace my FX4 suspension with Fox 2.0 eventually.

I'm hoping tt the end of the build, i'll save 2 or 3 grand by not just buying a Tremor straight from Ford.

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

Iā€™m new on here. I bought mine last week traded my Colorado in. Man I canā€™t agree more on how annoying the Klunk sound the doors make when you close them. Other than that I love my Ranger and canā€™t wait to start making it my own!

8014D8D0-270F-479E-A275-288D04E7408D.jpeg

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hey Dat,

Man these tires with the red lettering look absolutely awesome. Any suggestion on good deals for tires like this?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Iā€™m new on here. I bought mine last week traded my Colorado in. Man I canā€™t agree more on how annoying the Klunk sound the doors make when you close them. Other than that I love my Ranger and canā€™t wait to start making it my own!

8014D8D0-270F-479E-A275-288D04E7408D.jpeg
Pull the door panels and put a 12x12" square of Dynamat in the middle of the door's sheet metal. Noise will disappear.

ksuds49

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor & 2005 Land Rover LR3
Occupation
Do things for peoples
I finally saw one of these Person today and the color reminded me of squidward.
Ima call it squidward Grey lol.

images.jpeg
I thought the same thing. Family asked me what Iā€™m naming mine and I said Squidward. A few days on...I come across your post.

Iā€™ve gone from a Rover named StormTrooper to a Ranger named Squidward. What is happening? Is this because of 2020? LOL.