Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi J,

Are those oyster beds behind the truck.... We used to wade out there an pick oysters from the inter coastal waters, throw them on the Barbie and when they pop open...a dab of Tobasco and down the hatch followed by a swig of beer from one of our long neck sandwiches.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Hi J,

Are those oyster beds behind the truck.... We used to wade out there an pick oysters from the inter coastal waters, throw them on the Barbie and when they pop open...a dab of Tobasco and down the hatch followed by a swig of beer from one of our long neck sandwiches.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sounds like you know how to Florida.

There are definitely oysters in these waters (everglades, not intracoastal) - but they aren't exactly abundant. The oyster beds have really taken a hit over the past few decades down here. Started with overfishing long ago, and crippled by screwing with the everglades ecosystem. The hope is that the mitigation plans and restoration programs that have been put in to place over the last 10 years will see the poster beds return to their previous numbers.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you know how to Florida.

There are definitely oysters in these waters (everglades, not intracoastal) - but they aren't exactly abundant. The oyster beds have really taken a hit over the past few decades down here. Started with overfishing long ago, and crippled by screwing with the everglades ecosystem. The hope is that the mitigation plans and restoration programs that have been put in to place over the last 10 years will see the poster beds return to their previous numbers.
Hi J,

My undergrad degree in Mechanical Engineering is from University of Central Florida, but when I graduated with the Charter Class, it was known as Flordia Technical University. My diploma was recalled and reissued under the rename...wish I had kept the original as this degree and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Hi J,

My undergrad degree in Mechanical Engineering is from University of Central Florida, but when I graduated with the Charter Class, it was known as Flordia Technical University. My diploma was recalled and reissued under the rename...wish I had kept the original as this degree and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
get outta here. I’m a UCF grad too. Hilarious.

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Hi J,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I actually grew up in Oviedo down the street.

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this color for the first time today while driving by a Ford Dealer.

Really caught my eye. Love it.