First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL 4x4, 2015 Scion FRS, 1995 MX-5
Occupation
I solve problems.
Planning to add some lights to my truck. Marked up a photo for what I want. Since I don't have factory fog lights or the required brackets I'm looking to go full aftermarket.

Any suggestions?

lights.PNG

markup.PNG
Sponsored

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
A few of us here have swapped out the headlights for Alpharex projector lights.
Speaking for myself, I highly recommend this first. Then work your way into the fog light swap.
You will have a TON of improved lighting over factory halogens. And you won't have disturbed one bit of factory wiring.

OP
OP

Aurumulas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I solve problems.
A few of us here have swapped out the headlights for Alpharex projector lights.
Speaking for myself, I highly recommend this first. Then work your way into the fog light swap.
You will have a TON of improved lighting over factory halogens. And you won't have disturbed one bit of factory wiring.
Those headlights are sweet. Honestly hadn't thought of starting with upgrading my headlights first, but I suppose that does make the most sense.

These might be a little over my budget. What's considered the best bang for your buck headlight upgrade on an XL?

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Believe me. Just do it! The spending never stops on these trucks. Go big or go home! lol.
Get the Alpharex Pro series and drop in some LED's. Worth every damn penny IMHO.
I got the Luxx series

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Some mid-high quality led pods in a pattern of your choice based on desired outcome will be great. Baja Designs Squadron Sport combo beam are a HUGE upgrade, and will work great either of those locations. They are brighter than factory lamps and high beams. Then maybe a wider lower fog pattern in the other location. I'd call Baja Designs and have them help you select 2 pair of cubes that compliment each other, again based on what you need. Be purposeful. This will be a great - functional upgrade.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Planning to add some lights to my truck. Marked up a photo for what I want. Since I don't have factory fog lights or the required brackets I'm looking to go full aftermarket.

Any suggestions?

lights.PNG

markup.PNG
The two inner ones will be challenging...behind that false grill are the bumper mounting points so a flush fit won't work...

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Some mid-high quality led pods in a pattern of your choice based on desired outcome will be great. Baja Designs Squadron Sport combo beam are a HUGE upgrade, and will work great either of those locations. They are brighter than factory lamps and high beams. Then maybe a wider lower fog pattern in the other location. I'd call Baja Designs and have them help you select 2 pair of cubes that compliment each other, again based on what you need. Be purposeful. This will be a great - functional upgrade.
Can confirm the Baja Designs Squadron Sports are a massive upgrade. Might want to consider their SAE Fog pattern for use on the roads in the fog light location. I used to run the wide pattern in the fogs on my Focus ST, and the only reason I think i got away with that is due to how low they sit compared to our Rangers.

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
OP
OP

Aurumulas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I solve problems.
OP
OP

Aurumulas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I solve problems.
The two inner ones will be challenging...behind that false grill are the bumper mounting points so a flush fit won't work...
Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. I see what you mean. That may work to my advantage actually.

I'm planning to design and fabricate light mounts. Thinking it'll be cheaper to make my own bracket for the fog light locations than buying the factory parts necessary to mount fog lights. Maybe I can do the same for the inner lights. Hoping to find a clean way to mount without interrupting air flow.

1618518570806.png

OP
OP

Aurumulas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I solve problems.
So the locations I'm wanting to install amber marking lights....what are the slots for? Best I can tell just aesthetics.

OP
OP

Aurumulas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I solve problems.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
So the locations I'm wanting to install amber marking lights....what are the slots for? Best I can tell just aesthetics.
They're aesthetic but also redirect air to aid cooling...don't think it'll kill anything if you stuff a light in there...Rough Country makes a light that fits in there...

uzainvenom

First Name
Uzain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator jeep
Occupation
Engineer
When I added light to my truck, I used rough country. You might just want to consider it or you can try out other options. I love those parts you marked to add the light. It will make the truck look more beautiful at night
Sponsored