First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I would buy a Lariat Tremor today if there was a SuperCrew/longbed option. Hopefully they will address this literal shortcoming in the next generation?

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Interesting how everyone is providing full reviews, and yet TFL said the embargo doesn't lift for 5 days...

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
I would buy a Lariat Tremor today if there was a SuperCrew/longbed option. Hopefully they will address this literal shortcoming in the next generation?
I also wish that were available but I'm not waiting two more years. I'll just have to be more creative until that time!

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
The Edmunds matchup of the Tremor with the TRD Pro is strange... they match the Tremor versus the TRD Pro the whole way along, and at the end they recommend just the lesser priced TRD, which they don't indicate anything about throughout the rest of the review/article. Kinda strange one there.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ring me up when a scab version is available. Otherwise Iā€™m good with what I got. Even if I upgraded with new heavy duty springs, Fox 2.5 shocks all around and some ultimate rubber Iā€™d still be ahead.

RickB4WD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I really like this version of the Ranger. About the only things I would change about it would be to give it true rock rails instead, and a steel gas tank skid. Otherwise an awesome base for a daily driver / 4x4 touring rig. The reviews really bag on the interior--I test drove a Lariat and frankly, coming from my Jeep JK, I thought it was perfect (and practically like Star Trek compared to what I'm used to). Just the right amount of tech without being over the top, and still straightforward and truck like. It also has a far more comfortable seating position than the Colorado, Tacoma, or Gladiator. Maybe I'm just getting old... Kinda thinking about retiring the JK for extreme trail duty and doors off/top down weather, and getting one of these, if the deal is right. I do wish there was more info out there about the 6G Ranger, however.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm tempted to go look at one when they hit lots. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like it's just all the available off-road parts we can buy now added from the factory.

I'd want a tune with it, I wonder when that will be available.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Ring me up when a scab version is available. Otherwise Iā€™m good with what I got. Even if I upgraded with new heavy duty springs, Fox 2.5 shocks all around and some ultimate rubber Iā€™d still be ahead.
It seems Ford is abandoning the Scab off road market. They did it with the Super Durty Tremor, The 2021 Raptor and I have yet to see a Scab Ranger Raptor test mule, so likely there too. I was able to sell my factory Hankooks for $350 and upgrade to the Generals that are on the Tremor for a difference of under $200 with rebates. I installed Bilsteins for under $400. So for $600 I have all of same off road ability as a Tremor, minus the little bit of (percieved) better rear articulation from the multi pack leafs. I don't see the Tremor as being a great value honestly. In the real world, I can buy a $45k ZR2 for about $40k, the Tremor will likely sell at MSRP for the foreseeable future and be less off road capable by comparison. Granted, I don't want a ZR2, but for those cross shopping, it is a better off road package for about $5k less comparable. If the Tremor came with a front Torsen or something, it would appeal much more to me personally.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
It seems Ford is abandoning the Scab off road market. They did it with the Super Durty Tremor, The 2021 Raptor and I have yet to see a Scab Ranger Raptor test mule, so likely there too. I was able to sell my factory Hankooks for $350 and upgrade to the Generals that are on the Tremor for a difference of under $200 with rebates. I installed Bilsteins for under $400. So for $600 I have all of same off road ability as a Tremor, minus the little bit of (percieved) better rear articulation from the multi pack leafs. I don't see the Tremor as being a great value honestly. In the real world, I can buy a $45k ZR2 for about $40k, the Tremor will likely sell at MSRP for the foreseeable future and be less off road capable by comparison. Granted, I don't want a ZR2, but for those cross shopping, it is a better off road package for about $5k less comparable. If the Tremor came with a front Torsen or something, it would appeal much more to me personally.
Why'd you pick Bilsteins? I want to level my Ranger, well, I want the front 1" taller, so I was looking at Eibachs. After that I'm seriously considering some 17s with better tires.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless