First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Here you go, pictured doing a little work. I may have picked a different color if I had my choice but this was on the lot, had everything I wanted and was the right price. I haven't had a silver vehicle before and haven't had a duplicate color yet so now I have silver covered.
truck load 2.jpg

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Here is my Iconic Silver Supercab with Metallic Gray Undercover Elite LX Tonneau cover and Bed Rug.

I have since added a UPR catch can (not sure I trust the EcoBoost GDI/Turbo technology just yet), AutoStop Start toggle module, Amp Research Power Steps - might need them when I am 80..., Metallic Gray Tailgate Letters, Silver RANGER Grill letters, Tailgate Damper, and have Eibach coilovers and rear shocks on the way. I am patiently waiting for Vault Console to come out with a back seat version for the Supercab.

This is my "Sunday Go to Church Truck"!

Ranger 4 .JPG

That is the same BedRug material on the interior of the cover as the Bedrug in the bed. The top is waterproof. I also sealed the tailgate. My 2005 Supercab Ranger came sealed! More about it below...

BedRug .JPG

I still own a pristine 2005 Supercab Ranger 4.0L V6 (just rebuilt the entire truck from top to bottom - I call it "resetting the clock!") that is staying as my daily work truck. Nary a squeak or a rattle - Ford Tough! Purchased it new for 19K out the door. Boy have prices gone up!

Rangers 2005 and 2020 .JPG

Both are similarly equipped drive train wise - towing package 4x4 XLT models. The 2005 is an EDGE, 2020 is a Sport. I did add a Chinese Double DIN Touch Screen Android Radio to the 2005 five years ago in order take advantage of integrated GPS, and Bluetooth pairing, as well as to play my media via a 128GB Samsung fingernail size flash drive.

1604295798124.png

This flash drive takes no space in either truck. Sticks out a 1/4" or so. I only mention this as people are complaining about the space taken by USB Thumb drives in the USB port. The solution is simple - get one of these.

I like both trucks a great deal - for very different reasons. Sometimes less is more. Both are garaged. I just turned 65 and I intend to keep both running until I step into the next world. 15 years is young for my trucks! Between the two of them I should be successful.

My Supercab love is real. I 'd never purchase the Crewcab - bed it too small and I need the space behind the seats for storage and grocery hauling. I actually prefer the 2005 back area for that purpose, the floor is almost flat back there, and seats tuck away nicely.

Needless to say, I like my Rangers. And I still do the vast majority of my own work on both trucks.

- T

Last edited:

Ramon Felix

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Seems like the SuperCrew outweighs the SuperCab everywhere I look. If you’re like me you enjoy looking a pictures of trucks like yours. Show off your SuperCab Rangers.

Only thing I’ve done is Fox suspension.

4D2DB2FF-5117-4D5F-A869-04979C554277.jpeg
Did the Fox suspension make a huge difference ?

Wasatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Supercab
@Tod Have any detailed photos of the interior/exterior of the GFC? I have one on order and it would be awesome to see how it's mounted, the interior, etc!

Thanks!
Supercab works for me as I wanted a 6’ bed to build out for a camper for my wife and me to travel in retirement.

D950D322-08F4-450A-BE03-22079898823A.jpeg

Tod

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger super cab FX4
Occupation
Woodworker/heat ac tech
Sorry I wasn’t able to get better shots but hopefully this gives an idea how the GFC is attached. I put ply floor in bed with Tnuts extruded aluminum with handles for movable anchors. They work well for keeping fridge and Li battery from moving while traveling.

OP
OP
Ole.Jaxon

Ole.Jaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Did the Fox suspension make a huge difference ?
I really did make a big difference. I believe fox uses a linear valving so it’s still a bit soft at slower speeds. Yet it feels a good bit more controlled. I followed a stock Ranger through a construction zone and he was bouncing all over the place. I wasn’t taking half the abuse he was so that was good comparison for me.

I put the Eibach lift on my 4Runner, and it was a bit more stiff. I believe it’s because it’s digressive. I do think the 4Runner handled the road a bit better. I think if I was to do it again I would go with the Eibach coilovers and save a couple hundred. I might raise the front another half inch, and see if that stiffens it up a hair.

Either way you go I would suggest a suspension upgrade. It’s much nice to ride in.

Reactions: Doc

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I love the SuperCab and the suicide doors. First thing I did was to pull the back seats. It's so easy to load stuff in the back, especially in parking lots. Since a lot of people are buying the Ranger as an SUV alternative, SuperCabs are significantly more rare than the SuperCrews are. Mine had to be brought in from out of state.

2020-01-27 15-56-23a.jpg
Sponsored