First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
That auxiliary switch tho ?

That and the grill inserts are pretty cool!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Just my two sense here but the only things I don't like about it is the tires of choice and the suspension. Yes it is nice they have more clearance up front but it sounds like the rear doesn't get touched and therefore they just put a leveling kit on.... Which is pretty silly if you want to go offroad...... Next is the tires..... Yes the General Grabbers do good offroad but you might as well forget it in the snow and rain as they have no traction..... I learned this from first hand experience.....

Last edited:

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Just my two sense here but the only things I don't like about it is the tires of choice and the suspension. Yes it is nice they have more clearance up front but it sounds like the rear doesn't get touched and therefore they just put a leveling kit on.... Which is pretty silly if you want to go offroad...... Next is the tires..... Yes the General Grabbers do good offroad but

These new rims should have been wrapped in the KO2's, no question.

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Was wondering the same thing
I'd guess that since the tires are only a 265/70R17... probably nothing, as that size tire already fits with no clearance issues.

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Just my two sense here but the only things I don't like about it is the tires of choice and the suspension. Yes it is nice they have more clearance up front but it sounds like the rear doesn't get touched and therefore they just put a leveling kit on.... Which is pretty silly if you want to go offroad...... Next is the tires..... Yes the General Grabbers do good offroad but you might as well forget it in the snow and rain as they have no traction..... I learned this from first hand experience.....
They put new leaf springs in the rear...

From Ford's press release "...FOX™ 2.0 monotube dampers with remote rear reservoirs and hydraulic rebound stops are tuned for a comfortable ride on pavement while offering control over severe terrain. The shocks are specially tuned with progressive rebound end zone damping to support vehicle control where the pavement ends. Front and rear springs are tuned for greater off-road composure. A multi-leaf rear spring setup enables increased wheel travel. "

I also have first hand experience with the Grabber ATX... and my experience says it's a fantastic tire in the snow and wet, and are phenomenal off road for an all terrain.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I'd guess that since the tires are only a 265/70R17... probably nothing, as that size tire already fits with no clearance issues.
They only specify 32"...is that same as 265?

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
They put new leaf springs in the rear...

From Ford's press release "...FOX™ 2.0 monotube dampers with remote rear reservoirs and hydraulic rebound stops are tuned for a comfortable ride on pavement while offering control over severe terrain. The shocks are specially tuned with progressive rebound end zone damping to support vehicle control where the pavement ends. Front and rear springs are tuned for greater off-road composure. A multi-leaf rear spring setup enables increased wheel travel. "

I also have first hand experience with the Grabber ATX... and my experience says it's a fantastic tire in the snow and wet, and are phenomenal off road for an all terrain.
I think the addition of the multi-leaf in the rear is the biggest deal with this package. Fox 2.0 is nice, but you could have always bought that yourself. Aux lights are cool, but again, most people can get by without those. Rear tow hooks are nice, but you can get away with having just a tow hitch. The rear leaf pack though?? That's game changer. Only the Old Man Emu kit has a rear leaf pack and I figured Ford wouldn't bother with coming out with new leaf springs. I REALLY hope that we can buy the leaf pack by itself from the dealer! Fox 1.0 shocks and the rear leaf springs would be perfect for me. The single leafs just don't flex that well nor they ride that well since they need to be stiff enough with one leaf to handle the 1800 lb payload. Probably my biggest gripe with Ranger might get solved soon!

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
This, hopefully, is a slow build up to what we all want---a RAPTOR?. Let's go Ford make it happen in 2022-2023 or sooner.
I don't know. I have the feeling Ford will give us this instead. ?

Allo-main.png

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
They only specify 32"...is that same as 265?
Not necessarily, since 265 only refers to the section width of the tire. But 265/70R17 is the most plausible tire size choice since it has a 32" outer diameter and it's only one size up from the stock tire size. 265/70R17 will fit in the wheel well without modifications to the crash bars either.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I like it but I would wait for the Ranger Raptor if I was going to get a new truck over my current Ranger. Of course the addition of my 2020 GT500 I just landed an allocation for and should get when it’s built in the next few months precludes me from even thinking about a new truck.
I even like the stripes but I’m a stripes guy.

D489810A-362D-4664-89CE-0D52134BE6F6.jpeg
The next F-150 Raptor is supposed to have the same engine as the GT500. If only they can do the same for the Ranger. ( A high performance vehicle...not stuffing a huge engine in it.)

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Really want to know more about the six switches. Most likely will be an integrated harness that we won’t be able to change or install.

Having changed my rear leaf pack to the OME set I can definitely agree the multi leaf pack will make a big improvement.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Yes the General Grabbers do good offroad but you might as well forget it in the snow and rain as they have no traction..... I learned this from first hand experience.....
Plus they throw rocks like crazy. I'm regretting my grabber purchase a little ha.
Sponsored