First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
I got my vinyl letters for the grill, glovebox, flag and 5G.com. The TVD site has a color chart that said the best color match for HPR was Dark Red Metallic. I was a little leery but got that color anyway for the glovebox and the 5G.com window sticker. The grill, I wanted matte black to match my customized Ford grill emblem.
First off they sent me Dark Red Metallic for the grill, when I ordered matte black. Contacted them and they replaced, I put them on and they look fine. Then I put the 5G.com on the back window. The Dark Red Metallic looks really crappy. It doesn't blend with the HPR at all. Just plain Red would have been better, or even Red Orange. I did use the glove box letters, they don't fit perfect or look great, but there is no HPR nearby to compare so it's not as bad as it could be. Not too happy with TVD, should have gone with my gut on the plain red.

20200807_142118.jpg

20200807_143344.jpg
I think I have to get rid of this 5G sticker, the more I see it, the more it makes me sick....:(
Sponsored

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I've been procrastinating the rear emblem for some time. The front was not bad because I replaced my XLT grill with a Lariat and painted it at the same time, plus I had a built-in spare. You are shaming me into pulling the rear off now. I'll be without that emblem for at least a couple days I guess, and hope not to break off any tabs! Thanks a lot Jake 2.3 :(
Just get a small screwdriver in the slot on the bottom. I used plastic trim tools to pull it straight out. One of the clips did come off the post, but I easily pushed it back on. I was going to just spray the whole thing black, but I decided to drill it apart and paint it differently for more contrast. Not a bad process so far. Although, I don't have it back together yet either ha.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
In the vein of "What did you do"...
I am not a fan of plugging in my phone to use Android Auto, and since I have a wireless charger on the dash, sort of defeats the purpose of not having to plug it in. Heard a rumor that the new Rangers (2021?) will have Sync 4.0 or some sort of bluetooth Android Auto/Apple Carplay capability - no plug required...Since we have a lot of smarter-than-me tech people here, has anyone tried, or is there any way that is possible, on the 5G Rangers? Programming of some type??

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Is that box easily removable?
Do you need to remove the tie downs near the tailgate and in the middle?
Sorry, been pre-occupied. Here are the bracket pictures. Tie down brackets use T40 torx and the bracket near tailgate uses T27

tool box bracket.jpg

tool box bracket 2.jpg

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
A light LOWES haul...it only filled about 2/3 of bed, and the tailgate did close:
11 bags of mulch
2 bags dirt
1 bag of lava rocks
1 15 gallon terracotta pot

9805EBF6-D10C-4F65-A0CB-A3BA8A936182.jpeg

Edsel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4Xe
Occupation
Engineering Professor
Vehicle Showcase
Receiver step. Works great and is ‘multi-function’:

1) Step; I can reach anywhere in the bed w/o opening the TG.
2) Kettlebell; great shoulder workout slinging this around.
3) Quick tow/pull with rope.
4) Tailgater Poker; looking forward to the first Kia or Toy headlight or radiator that this pokes into!
1370BAF7-7C10-415F-9A26-9FFFFBB44EE0.jpeg