There are many builds, but this one is mine.

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
One and four are a no go IMO. I would personally use character size of one. but have the text as low as possible on the door. Then fill black until bottom and towards front wheel arch. And space out stripes from thin to wide until rear wheel arch.

When stretching the black to the bottom. The optical effect will make your truck look higher off the ground. Different spacing mimic speed.

Possibly continue the black line before front and after rear wheel arches.

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
Yea still toying with design. I'm thinking a 10% width reduction in slash marks going towards back. So 100%, 90%, 80%, and 70%.

I just really hate the last two slash marks on current, look so thin and weird.
Bigger characters will make your ranger look smaller.
So I do like the smaller characters. But would just place them as low as possible. And then fill up all below towards and beyond wheel arches.

I personally don't like dividing stripes. So just a clean line bottom black might not be bad at all. You might have a look with only full black bottom, all round and just small ranger decal in white.

Make a sketch of it, with view from a larger distance and let us know. Many vehicles nowadays opt for a black bottom separation to mimic a higher vehicle. Like BMW X6 series and others. They also continue this on the rear of their models.

But in the end it is your choice.

On my Ranger(Europe), there was just one option available in the options list. A sticker!

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
I, too, would love how to know how you fit 285 tires on a 2.5” lift with no crash bar modification! I’m not expert but that seems hard to pull off.

Beautiful truck.

How much are shops quoting you for making you custom automotive decals like that?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the great mystery, but I promise, 285's were on it the day I drove off the lot with the bars fully intact. No idea what wizardry they pulled to make it happen. I was at minimum expecting a 1/4" wheel spacer or something when we took the wheels off, but nothing. I also verified all it has is the 2.5" level installed on the front. Here is a photo at full wheel lock and as you can see, the plastic covers are on as well. Clearance at the apex of the tire was literally paper sheet thin though...

Edit: Spoke to Stage 3 and they basically explained not all tires are the same even though their dimensions listed are identical. So one brand of 285/70/17 may work with only a leveling kit, another brand may require a leveling kit and crash bar removal/trimming.

Regarding vinyl work; Local well-known company is quoting me $25 for the design and $80-$120 depending on the material. (not including install, which will probably be a little more). I'm after matte black with whatever highest uv rating vinyl they use.

Edit: Its going to be about $140 with the high end 3M release wrap material and install. (total for both sides)

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Well, I got the 2" wheel spacers installed today so I guess I'll start my thread:

2019 Oxford White
2.5" Rough Country Level (installed by dealer prior to purchase)
285/70/17 Toyo OC AT2 Tires (installed by dealer prior to purchase)
Black Plat Tailgate Letters (Fordpass Points)
Black Side Ranger Graphics (Fordpass Points)
Ford Bet Mat (Fordpass Points)

Prior to wheel spacer install the crash/Intrusion bars still installed and fully intact, no rub. I'm not sure how the dealership pulled this off considering Stage 3 used the same factory wheels as me and this tire size and had to remove/cut their bars? Or did I miss something?

CustoMadeOnly 2" Wheel Spacers | One piece T6 Aluminum CNC machined hubcentric w/grade 8 pressed Studs. I stumbled across this while browsing Amazon. I was very leery of purchasing anything not made by Fab or Bora (aka chicom garbage), but did some research and contacted them and they are a USA company out of California. $170 shipped for a set of four. This is a brand new offering by them and I don't think its listed on their website yet.

Required removal of crash/intrusion bars, but no cutting. Still have 1" (maybe a little more) clearance at full steering lock on front/back frame components. I researched for hours looking for any other 2019+ Rangers running 2" spacers and it seems everyone is using 1.5" - I was a little worried I was going to get the go-kart look, but I was pleasantly surprised. Just had them installed today and also removed the lower plastic air-damn.

Coming Soon:

- Smooth OEM Style Fender Flares (maybe RTR or Raptor)
- Ford Ranger Raptor Grill
- FX4 Skid Plate

Numerous ideas swirling around in my head, will update as needed.

Before Today:
View attachment 51204

After Today:
View attachment 51979

View attachment 51206

View attachment 51208

I'm not really happy with graphics design after having it a while. Working with a local shop on a tweaked similar design, some ideas Im toying with:

View attachment 51209
Front wheels look like they have a positive camber.
Regards
Doc

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Front wheels look like they have a positive camber.
Regards
Doc
Hi Doc,

I thought the same thing, but hesitated to mention it as I was not sure due to no real reference point. Guessing it was not aligned or done poorly?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Hi Doc,

I thought the same thing, but hesitated to mention it as I was not sure due to no real reference point. Guessing it was not aligned or done poorly?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
yes, I think it needs to be realigned but you’d think with spacers the camber would be more negative..but can’t tell much from the picture..
Regards
Doc

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
New thin.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Am alignment is on the list, but since I don't drive it very often I will get to it as soon as scheduling permits. I also need to address the left lean stanky leg the Ranger has. No idea if it currently has the "manufacturer" fix yet or not of a shim.
Sponsored