Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my Rough Country 2.5 inch leveling kit but the leveling struts/collars only seem to measure 1.5 inches. Did they send me the wrong kit or is this the correct measurement? If so, will it truly be a 2.5 inch level and how do they achieve that? Appreciate any responses.
IMG_2900.JPG
Sponsored

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
I just got my Rough Country 2.5 inch leveling kit but the leveling struts/collars only seem to measure 1.5 inches. Did they send me the wrong kit or is this the correct measurement? If so, will it truly be a 2.5 inch level and how do they achieve that? Appreciate any responses.
IMG_2900.JPG
Yes, the struts are inboard of the wheels so when the strut moves down that 1 1/2", the wheel will move the expected 2 1/2"

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
In my opinion I would just send it back and ger a true leveling kit. The spacers with make your truck ride worse as others on here have already reported. If you are mostly street then go with the Eibach kit, if you are going off road then i would recommend either the Fox kit(heard it is a nice kit) or go with the Old Man EMU by ARB(I have this and I like it). If you want to lift or level just do it right and not half assed.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I really noticed no difference with the ride after installing my ReadyLift 2 inch and most recently the Rough Country 2.5 inch.
These trucks typically have ‘soft’ suspension which does give a floating feel - at least my FX4 does. If you are ok with it now there shouldn’t be much, if any, difference after the level.
With that said though - ‘if’ you are at all not sure if you can live with the current feel and want things stiffened up a bit then certainly go another route - like the Eibach kit.
Sponsored