[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
In addition to improvements in horsepower and torque, which can be measured, the Ford Performance site promises "drive-ability," which sounds a little vague and even subjective to me. What exactly does this mean?

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Earlier than they told me - great. Thanks for posting. Pricing is interesting. The ProCal itself is only $450 and the K/N is only about $50. So what do you get for the additional $325, certainly that isn’t the labor to install the air filter. Is that the cost of the dealer doing the “calibration”? The ProCal instruction sheet seems to indicate that one could have it is mountable in the truck and features active monitoring. Personally I would want to set it and forget it most likely. Another factor is that the warranty is “when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician”

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL
I wonder about the tire size being programmable up to 265-70-17. Is there really a cutoff? That would be extremely short sited.

I am disappointed it is using an oiled air filter. I was hoping it would be a dryflow type. Full disclosure though I have never used an oiled air filter so maybe it isn't a big deal?

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So it states a 45hp gain.

It is supposedly shown that the Ranger will actually make around 300 if you only run premium.

This tune requires premium.

So is the FPP tune good for 345hp or only 315hp?

If only 315, I'd say definitely not worth it.

We need to see a dyno.

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
Earlier than they told me - great. Thanks for posting. Pricing is interesting. The ProCal itself is only $450 and the K/N is only about $50. So what do you get for the additional $325, certainly that isn’t the labor to install the air filter. Is that the cost of the dealer doing the “calibration”? The ProCal instruction sheet seems to indicate that one could have it is mountable in the truck and features active monitoring. Personally I would want to set it and forget it most likely. Another factor is that the warranty is “when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician”
The additional $325 buys you a warranty, but also gets you a 50 state-legal calibration. This means Ford has done a full emissions assessment (i.e. re-ran most of the emissions testing that the base truck went through) and worked with CARB to get legal emissions certification via CARB Executive Order. This is lengthy and (very) expensive.

In addition, this calibration has been fully vetted to Ford's standards (wind-tunnel testing, durability fatigue cycles, etc.)

Joe's dyno shop may give you better gains, but you won't get any of the above.

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So it states a 45hp gain.

It is supposedly shown that the Ranger will actually make around 300 if you only run premium.

This tune requires premium.

So is the FPP tune good for 345hp or only 315hp?

If only 315, I'd say definitely not worth it.

We need to see a dyno.
You forgot to mention that the power is at sea level. For someone like myself here in the Rockies at 10,000 ft elevation wont see that much unfortunately.

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
You forgot to mention that the power is at sea level. For someone like myself here in the Rockies at 10,000 ft elevation wont see that much unfortunately.
Ford's software compensates for altitude, up to the hardware limit (typically turbo speed.) They will increase turbo speed to deliver the same MAP/torque that you'd get at sea level.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Ford's software compensates for altitude, up to the hardware limit (typically turbo speed.) They will increase turbo speed to deliver the same MAP/torque that you'd get at sea level.
Interesting to know. Seeing that you are out there in Dearborn is it safe to assume that you work in the more technical department with Ford?

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
The additional $325 buys you a warranty, but also gets you a 50 state-legal calibration. This means Ford has done a full emissions assessment (i.e. re-ran most of the emissions testing that the base truck went through) and worked with CARB to get legal emissions certification via CARB Executive Order. This is lengthy and (very) expensive.

In addition, this calibration has been fully vetted to Ford's standards (wind-tunnel testing, durability fatigue cycles, etc.)

Then why not buy the ProCal and filter separately, install filter yourself and take it to dealer to run the software?

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
Then why not buy the ProCal and filter separately, install filter yourself and take it to dealer to run the software?
You aren't buying the calibration that way. You're just getting a filter and the flash tool, which will be blank. The dealer won't flash it for free, you need a registered code/calibration from Ford Performance.

wildstar78

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport

So i have a noob (girl) question, I have my 2019 xlt sport I bought 2 months ago and so far still breaking it in, I only have 800 miles on it as of today. Should I break it in more before a tune? Like wait till 1000 miles? Also I have a magnaflow catback exhaust system, will that help get a better tune? Are the tune numbers for stock rangers?