[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Though Roush was comparing 93 Octane stock tune to their after results using a dyno. Ford appears to just be using their claimed stock power compared to their claimed tuned power.

On premium fuel the Ranger makes more than the advertised 270/310 at the crank, because that is the prescribed power output with 87 octane and a fully degraded OAR (Octane Adjustment Ratio) in the ECU.

If you run premium fuel and have a fully advanced OAR value the Ranger commands about 310/339 at the crank.
I wish I understood this dialect.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I wish I understood this dialect.
Me too, there's lots about this that I will never understand like the relationship between HP and torque :) I use 93 because I can get it close in IA at same price as 87 in IL at Costco. Looking forward to the Ford Tune, but there is actually Ford dealership that is truck specific, at least it has truck in the dealer name, that is also a Roush dealer as an alternative.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Me too, there's lots about this that I will never understand like the relationship between HP and torque :) I use 93 because I can get it close in IA at same price as 87 in IL at Costco. Looking forward to the Ford Tune, but there is actually Ford dealership that is truck specific, at least it has truck in the dealer name, that is also a Roush dealer as an alternative.
Gas has gotten a lot cheaper here in GA. I'm thinking about switching to 93.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
According to the post I saw on the FB Ranger post, looks like there is one coming
cat=100&_nc_ohc=oaO_X9H5Z1kAQkwybAQSiRzIFSoeOEkSvZpI1k8bVrRDUdEnpAaJPLz8g&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg
Disappointing news. Contacted Ford Performance on live chat again today for update. Now we have a date - supposedly will be available 5/29 - they had said end of first quarter which should have been sometime this month :(

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
If I could do a tune that didn't lower HP or Torque but increased MPG I would look into it

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
It's call the 2.3 Ecoboost engine.
Well ya, I mean to that specific engine. All these tunes for more HP, I wanna save some fuel and not burn more (tune wise) but I don't want it to become a slow slug

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Well ya, I mean to that specific engine. All these tunes for more HP, I wanna save some fuel and not burn more (tune wise) but I don't want it to become a slow slug
The engine is already designed to get the most fuel possible with the hp and torque it's putting out.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Just put 50 psi in your tires, cheaper then a ECO tuner with a tune.
Sponsored