First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So it looks like the Old Man EMU lift kit is now available for the rangers in the U.S. and I am very curious on how well it will do. Anyone have any ideas or experience with Old Man EMU?
Sponsored

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
OME is typically fantastic. excellent ride, and usually different spring rates available depending on what kind of load you plan to carry. I had OME on my FJ cruiser, Trooper, and my buddy's 4runner. very happy with it. also, typically not more than 2-3" lift, the focus tends to be on ride quality and load capacity.

I've actually been waiting for this to be available before I decided to buy a different suspension setup, so really excited to hear this news

Also, I'm assuming you're talking about the standard Nitro Charger shocks and springs, and not the BP51 stuff, right? I haven't had the privilege of using that yet.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Correct, to my understanding the BP51 shock kit is still under development at this time. When I was on the Stage 3 site last night i noticed two different kits available ang it came down to if you had a heavy bumper with winch or not and it was still the same price. Kits come with all 4 struts/shocks new coil springs and new leafs.

I am actually looking to overlanding with my Ranger and I am hoping the OME would be a better choice over the Fox kit since the OME lifts the.rear about 1.5 with a front lift of about 2.35 vs Fox only lifts the front up too 3.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Oh that is exciting!
I used OME exclusively on my Jeeps. Ride was outstanding both on and off road. I'll have to keep watch and see what they produce. I'm only looking for about 1.5" lift in the front so i'm a minority lol

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I too was waiting for this one. once I get my bumpers done I will complete the suspension so I can get the correct springs. Will probably go this route unless they screwed it up, which is not likely.

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just want the rear leaf springs lol.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone know anything about pricing? OME kits are always priced pretty well, so I'm hopeful on this kit.

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Guinness

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
I just want the rear leaf springs lol.
I wonder if they'll release the springs separately.
The leaf springs do have their own part numbers. We'll have them listed here as quick as we can.

Keep in mind that here the US, you can sort-of ignore the weight ratings and just look at height. The weight/load is more of Aussie thing, since our brethren down there are stuck with pretty dumb lift height restrictions.

Guinness

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
The leaf springs do have their own part numbers. We'll have them listed here as quick as we can.

Keep in mind that here the US, you can sort-of ignore the weight ratings and just look at height. The weight/load is more of Aussie thing, since our brethren down there are stuck with pretty dumb lift height restrictions.
Thanks Jason!

For the springs, with the ~1.5" lift are extended rear shocks required or do stock/stock length replacement shocks still work?

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
For the springs, with the ~1.5" lift are extended rear shocks required or do stock/stock length replacement shocks still work?
You can probably get away with factory shocks at that height, though who knows how long they'll last with how junky they are.

The good news is that Eibach's Pro Truck, Fox 2.0s, and Icon 2.0s are rated for 1.5" of lift, and most of the 2.5s are rated for at least that high if not higher.

So, you have a lot of options, especially if you want a 2.5 that'll outperform the Old Man Emu shocks.

The only thing we're trying to figure out right now is if the leafs come standard with new U-bolts, bushings, and mounting bolts or if all that hardware has to be tacked on separately. Looking at the pricing, it all probably has to be added at additional cost, but we'll see.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I have never owned their product but the ol' YJ jeep crowd loves them. From what the fans of their systems say they match the shock an spring extremely well for the best ride quality in the leaf spring jeeps.
Sponsored