First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Honestly, I don't really need anything else on any of my cars. Each one I have bought has more 'stuff' than the last and not always by choice. That said, something I haven't seen mentioned yet are flip out windows on the half doors on the Super Cab. Something like the rear windows on a '05 Chrysler T&C, or side windows on old VW Bus. That would be a nice feature.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Confirmed: The fuel door does not lock on my XLT regardless of the status of the central locking system. Guess it's only the Lariat trim.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Confirmed: The fuel door does not lock on my XLT regardless of the status of the central locking system. Guess it's only the Lariat trim.
I have a Lariat and my fuel door doesn't lock when the doors are locked. I must have missed the post in here but is it supposed to?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Lariat and my fuel door doesn't lock when the doors are locked. I must have missed the post in here but is it supposed to?
Hi Dave,

Just checked due to a puzzlement on this statement. Used the central locking system...fuel door remained unlocked... Owner's manual does not indicate the fuel door locks, but with the terrible errors in the manual I do not trust... A look see from below did not show any wires heading toward the fuel door so I doubt I have this feature if it exists at all...Maybe on 2020 as my Lariat is a 2019...

Puzzled!

Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
Fuel door does not lock. Fuel is kept safe and uncontaminated by the magic no-cap filler tube. Unless some blighter has access to the secret funnel under the back seat. :frown:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Just checked due to a puzzlement on this statement. Used the central locking system...fuel door remained unlocked... Owner's manual does not indicate the fuel door locks, but with the terrible errors in the manual I do not trust... A look see from below did not show any wires heading toward the fuel door so I doubt I have this feature if it exists at all...Maybe on 2020 as my Lariat is a 2019...

Puzzled!

Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

Thanks for checking I was going to give it a better look tomorrow. You're right it could be an added feature for the 2020's but I've never had a problem with any of my truck not having a locking fuel door or being cap-less.:)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's interesting, the Aus spec rangers have always had this option, the fuel flap is locked when the car is locked. You can only push to open it with the central locking unlocked.
Someone posted on the last page that the door locked on their Lariat. :question:
Hi Jason I just went back and found the post you were talking about. It looks like it was the Aussie ranger that has the locking fuel door. :)

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
But then this was posted...
You're right...Now I'm confused. :crazy:
I'm starting to doubt myself now
c0312.gif

I'll check again tomorrow... my wife took my truck to work tonight (while she got a new car this weekend, go figure :giggle:).. I truly hope I'm not wrong though, there's far too many fuel thieves on this island (they go as far as drilling holes in the tanks).

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm starting to doubt myself now
c0312.gif

I'll check again tomorrow... my wife took my truck to work tonight (while she got a new car this weekend, go figure :giggle:).. I truly hope I'm not wrong though, there's far too many fuel thieves on this island (they go as far as drilling holes in the tanks).
I just checked again (3rd time) and locking the doors does not lock the fuel door on mine. I'm not crazy my mother had me tested! :crazy: :giggle:

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase