You may not be getting the fuel grade you think you are.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I learned this from a guy that services gas pumps and also does the volume testing on them. What I do now when gassing up my truck is pump about a half a tank and then fill my gas cans and then back into the truck and top that off. Never had an issue doing it that way.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I learned this from a guy that services gas pumps and also does the volume testing on them. What I do now when gassing up my truck is pump about a half a tank and then fill my gas cans and then back into the truck and top that off. Never had an issue doing it that way.
I get usually my E0 at an Exxon station with a dedicated pump. I still wonder if I am getting all gas though. My log splitter and chainsaw run like it is.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Not really new information. Been an issue since they started going to singe hose multi-grade pumps. Been known in the motorcycle world a long time and probably lawn care industry too. Just gets more press with the ethenol grades now. I always pump a couple gallons at least into my vehicle before filling my can for my yard equipment. Kind of hard to do if your filling your bike and individual hose pumps are hard to find these days.
Sponsored