Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
the blue turd ...... hav not seem that in a while
He's putting it all back together now, with the new billet block. Building a one-off takes a bit of additional effort, time, and pain.
Sponsored

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
He's putting it all back together now, with the new billet block. Building a one-off takes a bit of additional effort, time, and pain.
did you give him a hand on the tv show GETAWAY DRIVER he was on ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
yamahaSHO

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
did you give him a hand on the tv show GETAWAY DRIVER he was on ?
Yes, I tuned the car and installed the nitrous kit (which he didn't end up using... Weren't exactly sure what we'd see on the show). They would not let anyone but the drivers in this show because of the COVID BS, but there is a clip of me on it. I'm the guy in the first episode, spraying champagne on him after a pass.

My name was on the side of that car as well.

2023-04-10_04-22-52.jpg

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I tuned the car and installed the nitrous kit (which he didn't end up using... Weren't exactly sure what we'd see on the show). They would not let anyone but the drivers in this show because of the COVID BS, but there is a clip of me on it. I'm the guy in the first episode, spraying champagne on him after a pass.

My name was on the side of that car as well.

2023-04-10_04-22-52.jpg
he did about the best on the show of all of them ... is there a season 2 ? and its been running on motor-trend over the weekend.

kinda miss sho forum and all of the shenanigans that took place ........lol

OP
OP
yamahaSHO

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
he did about the best on the show of all of them ... is there a season 2 ? and its been running on motor-trend over the weekend.

kinda miss sho forum and all of the shenanigans that took place ........lol
Don't really know if there will be a season 2. I think we would have heard if there were as Zach should be on it as the winner.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
We're a special bunch, but I remember that car.
Even though it was stock, she ran like a r@ped ape. Somewhere i have pics of the battered front end after a run through the Texas Hill Country. On those runs we had two groups; Sergio, and everyone trying to keep up with Sergio.

OP
OP
yamahaSHO

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Been a bit slow getting back to the truck with the number of projects I got going on. I am about to take my S2000 apart and get things sorted for hitting racing events this season. I can say this, as much as I do like the Morimoto XB's, they suffer what all the good OEM LED's suffer from, in my opinion... The color is too white/blue too seem like they're really lighting up the raod. My OEM S2000 HID's from 2004 are better. Quite a bit actually. The last couple days of driving both vehicles at night has shown me this.

The Diode Dynamics fog lights do have a better color than the Morimoto XB's. I pretty much feel like I need to run them all the time to blend in for better vision at night.

I did get the Ford emblem done, though I might sand the clear and polish. Got a little more orange peel than I'd like. It's not put back together in this picture.

1681618717670.png

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Did you replace the fogs from the top or bottom?

Ie with the grill and lights removed, or removing the plastics etc from below...

Thanks.

OP
OP
yamahaSHO

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did you replace the fogs from the top or bottom?

Ie with the grill and lights removed, or removing the plastics etc from below...

Thanks.
Below is definitely the way to go.

OP
OP
yamahaSHO

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to be doing another round of installs in the next week. I did get the grille done... I would like to pick up another emblem and do it again. It looks good, but I'm the anal type. I also switched from body matched pieces on the grille and turned the gloss black into flat black. The outer portion that is normally Magnetic Gray, I swapped my original black piece on.

I do like this much better though.

PXL_20230519_200753258.jpg

PXL_20230519_213851792.jpg

1688152218968.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
yamahaSHO

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I changed my oil pretty early on mileage as I wanted to clean out the break-in junk as well as see how bad this oil shears... The contents/contaminates in the oil are what I expected, but I was a little surprised (although not) to see it already shear to a 20 weight in 2,300 miles.

I put in the OEM oil with and FL-400 filter and plan to only run it about 2,000-2,500 miles. After that, I am switching over to Motul 300v, 5w40. I will continue sampling.

No fuel detected!

1688146274081.png

Other than that, I've made a few changes to my transmission tuning and it just drives proper now. I also have seen, by going back to the OEM tune and then back to my tune for extended periods, my MPG's go up on my map. I have not touched the engine tuning yet, but that is coming soon as I plan to know that out with tuning on the Ford Maverick we have scheduled to be built in a few weeks.

I do think my slip yoke will need pulled and lubed. I get the slight bump/clunking when slowing down and taking off. My Cummins had this problem, but after like 120k miles...

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I changed my oil pretty early on mileage as I wanted to clean out the break-in junk as well as see how bad this oil shears... The contents/contaminates in the oil are what I expected, but I was a little surprised (although not) to see it already shear to a 20 weight in 2,300 miles.

I put in the OEM oil with and FL-400 filter and plan to only run it about 2,000-2,500 miles. After that, I am switching over to Motul 300v, 5w40. I will continue sampling.

No fuel detected!

1688146274081.png

Other than that, I've made a few changes to my transmission tuning and it just drives proper now. I also have seen, by going back to the OEM tune and then back to my tune for extended periods, my MPG's go up on my map. I have not touched the engine tuning yet, but that is coming soon as I plan to know that out with tuning on the Ford Maverick we have scheduled to be built in a few weeks.

I do think my slip yoke will need pulled and lubed. I get the slight bump/clunking when slowing down and taking off. My Cummins had this problem, but after like 120k miles...

if doing the slip yoke you will need either the boot kit AB3Z-4421-A or at least the crimp clamps for the boot, as for grease the cool kids .....use XG-8 PTFE LUBE ...
Sponsored