First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I'd call it a ranger that a company put tires on that are so big they rub when you turn.

They should be ashamed that they didn't do their research.
The dealership did that. The Roush wheel/tire package is fine.

No offense but the roush ranger is ugly...and it's all nonsense not to mention a crappy name. Not impressed at all with it.
Agreed.
Sponsored

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
The dealership did that. The Roush wheel/tire package is fine.
Definitely believable. I wasn't aware that Roush rangers are fully dealer assembled vehicles. Holy moly that's even more reason to stay away from them.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I'd call it a ranger that a company put tires on that are so big they rub when you turn.

They should be ashamed that they didn't do their research.
I think that particular case was the dealership changing out the tires. If we are referring to the same thread.

EDIT: saw responses above.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
I like the truck, its supposed to come tuned and with a performance mod or two…. At least the ones I looked at did.

As far as cost goes…. Its all relative. Lets be honest, the ranger being avg price of 38-40k otd isnt t that great of a price to begin with. This truck has hard plastic all around, no power windows on passengers, no standard power seats, no heated or vented seats standard….. i mean shit ive seen 20k cars with those standard. But in the end im happy with the truck and thats all that should matter and i dont regret purchasing, so far, 6 months in.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In fairness (I'm a long-time NASCAR fan), NASCAR can always be counted on to help Chevy and screw over Ford.
Hi Johnny,

Okay....I worked quite closely with Roush in NASCAR when I was involved in a unique chassis and had experience with one of their crewchiefs for their Truck program. Roush is in it for the money, winning is tier 2 or 3.... I had the pleasure of working with Mark Martin directly. A Great Guy and a excellent racer... We were at Phoenix with this "trick chassis" that my engineers optimized. We took about 250 lbs out of the chassis and stiffened it about 3 times using optimization software that was in development in Scientific Research at Ford. Mark had ideas of how to set up the chassis, and we spent some time discussing as I disagreed. Mark listened and we made some changes...not what they needed IMO, but directionally correct. So the green flag waved and the crewchief and I were locked together for the race. There was a half time for this show back in the day and Crewchief and I were pleased with the truck...Mark was in 4th...but we knew he was the fasted truck on the oval. We wanted to leave the truck alone but Mark dictated a round of bite in the right rear...Not needed as it turned out. Restart and checkered flag...Mark was 2nd but with a bump he would have won...(maybe)... Crewchief was pissed as we could have won.... Mark got out of the truck and headed to me at pit wall. Looking me straight in the eye...he said...If my Cup car was half as good as this Truck chassis, I would win tomorrow. He said he did not know what I did but what ever it was was amazing.... Short story, the news leaked out from the team of the chassis, and NASCAR banned it.... A one race wonder.... I went on to be team engineer for a while but quit as it is a grind...see the track...see the motel room...see the track...see the transporter..see the next track and repeat the process. Most Track food is awful, but that is what we ate... Jack did not care as long as there were $ coming in....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I like the truck, its supposed to come tuned and with a performance mod or two…. At least the ones I looked at did.
It does not come with a tune and the only engine mod is an exhaust. It does not even come with the company's own cold air intake product. That is why it is a $13,000 joke.

A standard model FX with a tuner would outgun it.

$450 for a tuner and a FX truck will out perform a $13000 Roush package truck.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
It does not come with a tune and the only engine mod is an exhaust. It does not even come with the company's own cold air intake product. That is why it is a $13,000 joke.

A standard model FX with a tuner would outgun it.

$450 for a tuner and a FX truck will out perform a $13000 Roush package truck.
Thats interesting…. I wonder if they’re built differently based on dealer request? Because i saw 3 ofem here in bellevue, wa and all 3 listed the tune+Intake, but it was around last oct so i guess i could remembering it wrong. Or maybe those were 2020 models and due to pandemic they skimping

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Thats interesting…. I wonder if they’re built differently based on dealer request? Because i saw 3 ofem here in bellevue, wa and all 3 listed the tune+Intake
https://www.roushperformance.com/vehicles/roush-2021-ranger.html

Standard Package Components
Built from 2021 Ford Ranger 301A or 302A XLT Trim with 2.3L EcoBoost Engine

Includes
ROUSH Grille with Dual LED Light Bars
Custom Fender Vent Badges
Dual Tip Performance Cat Back Exhaust System
2.0 Off-Road Performance Suspension System
Satin Black 18” ROUSH Wheels
32-Inch General Tire Grabber ATX Tires
Premium Interior Leather
Magnetic Gray Fender Flares with Integrated Accent Lighting
Custom Red Tow Hooks
ROUSH Floor Liners by WeatherTech
Serialized Interior Badge
ROUSH Key Fobs
Certificate of Authenticity
Standard Graphics Package

Optional Upgrades
Includes
ROUSH Chase Rack with Dual Rigid Light Bars (while supplies last)
Off Road Utility Kit
Center Console Vault
Rear Seat Vault
Upper Stripe Graphic Upgrade
Rocker Stripe Graphic Upgrade

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab

Includes
Premium Interior Leather
Custom Red Tow Hooks
ROUSH Key Fobs

Optional Upgrades
Includes
Off Road Utility Kit
Center Console Vault
Rear Seat Vault

Includes
Premium Interior Leather
Custom Red Tow Hooks
ROUSH Key Fobs

Optional Upgrades
Includes
Off Road Utility Kit
Center Console Vault
Rear Seat Vault be
Ya interesting, thats unfortunate it doesnt come with at least the intake with the exhaust as standard. Damn american companies are cheap lol

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Ya interesting, thats unfortunate it doesnt come with at least the intake with the exhaust as standard. Damn american companies are cheap lol
The upgraded package puts your total at close to $18000.

Let that sink in 18 grand for exhaust and fox suspension, then a bunch of cosmetic shit. That's about as American as you can get when it comes to our car companies nowadays. These sad clowns have forgotten where they came from.

I blame boomers for this.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab

Let that sink in 18 grand for exhaust and fox suspension, then a bunch of cosmetic shit. That's about as American as you can get when it comes to our car companies nowadays. These sad clowns have forgotten where they came from.

Haha its also very American to buy what u can and even cant, to floss.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Hi Johnny,

Okay....I worked quite closely with Roush in NASCAR when I was involved in a unique chassis and had experience with one of their crewchiefs for their Truck program. Roush is in it for the money, winning is tier 2 or 3.... I had the pleasure of working with Mark Martin directly. A Great Guy and a excellent racer... We were at Phoenix with this "trick chassis" that my engineers optimized. We took about 250 lbs out of the chassis and stiffened it about 3 times using optimization software that was in development in Scientific Research at Ford. Mark had ideas of how to set up the chassis, and we spent some time discussing as I disagreed. Mark listened and we made some changes...not what they needed IMO, but directionally correct. So the green flag waved and the crewchief and I were locked together for the race. There was a half time for this show back in the day and Crewchief and I were pleased with the truck...Mark was in 4th...but we knew he was the fasted truck on the oval. We wanted to leave the truck alone but Mark dictated a round of bite in the right rear...Not needed as it turned out. Restart and checkered flag...Mark was 2nd but with a bump he would have won...(maybe)... Crewchief was pissed as we could have won.... Mark got out of the truck and headed to me at pit wall. Looking me straight in the eye...he said...If my Cup car was half as good as this Truck chassis, I would win tomorrow. He said he did not know what I did but what ever it was was amazing.... Short story, the news leaked out from the team of the chassis, and NASCAR banned it.... A one race wonder.... I went on to be team engineer for a while but quit as it is a grind...see the track...see the motel room...see the track...see the transporter..see the next track and repeat the process. Most Track food is awful, but that is what we ate... Jack did not care as long as there were $ coming in....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Very cool

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Hi Johnny,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Mark is one of my favorite drivers, He was one of the most disciplined NASCAR drivers out there. Huge respect for the guy.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
:LOL::crackup::crackup:
I blame everyone but the boomers for buying them.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
:LOL::crackup::crackup:
I blame everyone but the boomers for buying them.
Boomers are the reason for at least one of two things, possibly both:

1. Overpriced Cosmetic Packages

2. Reason why chrome is even a thing anymore on vehicles
Sponsored