Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.2 Ranger XL
Occupation
Software dev
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all.

I noticed the forum is mainly US based and wanted to ask if you guys think its worth immigrating to the US in the future?

I just started my journey as a software engineer and I know there is always a possibility to end up in thee US. But the news we have been receiving from our side of the pond (South Africa) does not seem too positive about the US.

Thanks for any input!
Sponsored

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Hi all.

I noticed the forum is mainly US based and wanted to ask if you guys think its worth immigrating to the US in the future?

I just started my journey as a software engineer and I know there is always a possibility to end up in thee US. But the news we have been receiving from our side of the pond (South Africa) does not seem too positive about the US.

Thanks for any input!
we do enjoy lower auto and gas prices compared to most others on the planet. And as someone on this forum so eloquently stated - we can drive autos with overly powerful engines.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hi all.

Thanks for any input!
As I'm sure most of us have never lived or even spent significant time in other countries. This is going to be tough for a lot of us to answer factually. With current events, I'm sure our image in other countries has taken a real hit. Believe me we don't aways get the best view of other countries either. The dirty laundry make better news than the good things.

The best way would be to if possible have a temporary work assignment here or at least an extended vacation here. That way you could experience what the US is like for yourself.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Hi all.

Thanks for any input!
On America's worst day, I cannot imagine any other place I'd rather live.
Perhaps that's because I've never traveled and know nothing of any other countries aside from what I may read or see on the news. Even so, I feel supremely blessed that God has put me here to live out my days.

Good luck to you in your career. I hope it does bring you to the States!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all.

Thanks for any input!
If you're looking for Walt Disney's America, that's dead.

But, needless to say, there are still opportunities to be had to make a better life and it takes work like everywhere. Requires dedication, character and forthrightness. Anything less is going no where and that's no life regardless of country.

Good luck, persevere!

Skeezix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Electronic Tech
Having lived in Japan for three years, Korea for a year, Saudi Arabia for a year and Germany for a year, I know where I want to live. And I am here.
They all have their good and not so good points.
For me, the good outruns the not so good here.
Just my opinion, and worth every penny it cost you.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Hi all.

Thanks for any input!
Sir Orange Hair helped define that narrative. Biden will soon be giving the farm away and I'm sure the world will change it's opinion. The world thinks highly of us when they're on the teet. Cut them off and they bitch and moan.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Wait 4 years and see if we get a Constitutional fair and lawful election, if not and you still come, then welcome to Rome.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Some guy from S. Africa named Elon Musk thought so. I guess you can wait to see how it works out for him.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I'd say it definitely is and I enjoy reading history. Tell you a funny story about South Africa's. My brother-in-law hired a bunch of them to work on his Ag operation in central SD some years ago. (yes a BIG farm) He thought highly of SA fellows but I can't recall why their temp work didn't last all that long. He'd go into his locale bar and the lougest guys in there had this South African accent!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi all.

Thanks for any input!
I would honestly wait a few more months and see what the US looks like then. That's all I can say without getting banned. :lipssealed:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I would honestly wait a few more months and see what the US looks like then. That's all I can say without getting banned. :lipssealed:
Awh come on man Sid would be Proud of You :LOL:

Speaking of he has been awfully quiet lately :(
Sponsored