Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
When I was test driving these my wife said she knew I was going to buy the Lariat as soon as she saw my reaction to the system when I cranked it up, not sure the sales dude liked it, but it definitely was one of the key selling points. I spend several hours each day in it on my commute so it is an important factor for me. Still happy with it. ??
Sponsored

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
I like the way the door speaker vibrates on my left leg...OK TMI

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
I don't even have the B&O system. However, I have been in Car Audio for a long time. The factory 6.5s in the doors sound pretty good compared to all the vehicles I have. (4Runner, 2010 Ranger, 2006 F-150, 1994 Blazer). In fact, the factory system in these trucks, even without the B&O, performs well enough that I'm debating on not doing anything to it.

Now, as for my competition system in my 2010. Before I ever put anything in it, the factory system was an absolute joke. The 6x8s and factory HU were abysmal. It now has 2 American Bass XR 10s with RF all around. The XRs are tuned to 28Hz in a 4net enclosure, and are all powered by a Hifonics BRZ 1500. I do right at 140.5dB at 30Hz in my 2010 Ranger.

Do I appreciate that Ford finally made a decent factory system? Yes. The 2006 F150 we have has the 8" woofer under the seat, with 6.5s in the doors, and tweeters. (Which was a package option back then, all factory.)

The non-B&O system in my Ranger outperforms the system in the F150.

So far, I believe the factory non B&O can extend to about 45Hz without having too much issue.

The best UPGRADE I can think of if you guys want to keep factory is THIS BEAST!

https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...250-2017-2018-f-350-2017-2018-f-450-2017-2019

If ANYONE can comment whether or not this works in the Ranger. We could most certainly have an absolute killer midbass system with just that kit and PowerBass OEM speakers.

https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/prod...cement-Component-Speaker-System-Ford-Lincoln/

I may make a thread on this.

This is my ideal setup for the truck. As it is not my competition truck when Car Audio comes into play.
I agree. Usually speakers are the first thing to be changed but the stock non BO system has been great.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I might have gotten the B&O system, but it only appeared to be available in the Lariat package, and I absolutely did not want the Lariat. I pretty much hate everything about the package aside from the stereo.

Upgrading the subwoofer in the B&O system seems problematic with several issues complicating things. Ultimately at the end of the day with upgrades the base model system can be made to sound better with less work.

I still wish I had a chance to hear the B&O system though. Maybe I wouldn't feel the need to upgrade at all.

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
It's the first time I haven't desired to upgrade. Damn fine system IMO. When i hear audiophile snobs ( or is it snots?) complain about highs and lows or frequencies only heard by animals i go nutz.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
It's the first time I haven't desired to upgrade. Damn fine system IMO. When i hear audiophile snobs ( or is it snots?) complain about highs and lows or frequencies only heard by animals i go nutz.
I have my hearing tested every other year and I get a frequency response plot of my hearing. In my old age my top end end begins to roll off 12kHz. No matter, Mostly I complain about harmonic distortion in the midrange. :D

I'm no audiophile snob though. You can tell those snobs apart from regular hi fi music fans if they tell you in extremely long verbiage how awesome their obscure jazz music sounds.

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
I have my hearing tested every other year and I get a frequency response plot of my hearing. In my old age my top end end begins to roll off 12kHz. No matter, Mostly I complain about harmonic distortion in the midrange. :D

I'm no audiophile snob though. You can tell those snobs apart from regular hi fi music fans if they tell you in extremely long verbiage how awesome their obscure jazz music sounds.

I still think that the in-harness amplifier will make these factory systems miles better. All while keeping an absolute OEM system. :)

Ryan Plain

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
If ANYONE can comment whether or not this works in the Ranger. We could most certainly have an absolute killer midbass system with just that kit and PowerBass OEM speakers.

https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/prod...cement-Component-Speaker-System-Ford-Lincoln/

This system does work in our Rangers, and it sounds really good. You do need to remove the foam around the top of the speaker though.. It is really firm and sticks out too far to get the door panel back on. It is just glued on and can be removed very easy. I went ahead on replaced it with some 1/4" foam and it seals up to the door perfectly.
I also added the OE652-FD Coaxial to the rears.
https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/prod...Coaxial-OEM-Replacement-Speaker-FORD-Lincoln/

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I love the B&O sound, which was one of the major reasons I got the Lariat model. Between taking the wife to work and my own DD, I can listen to music on the road for several hours per day during the week, and I really enjoy setting up my playlists on the iPhone before and then letting it rip via Bluetooth once we take off. I have upgraded several of my previous vehicles' sound systems, but this one is good enough to leave alone. It is also helpful that the Ranger's 2.3 Liter 4-Banger is quiet enough so that I don't have to crank it to listen to music when I'm inside the truck--outside is another story.

jrscobra

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariat Crewcab
Occupation
Fleet Vehicle Sales at a Ford Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
So I have the B&O Sound system. Its pretty good, but having so many aftermarket systems, to me it just sounds okay. Im interested in knowing more about upgrading to get more volume. When my windows are down at highway speed, I cant hear it very well. I was thinking about just a power upgrade to some small degree.

drmoffitt

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase
So I have the B&O Sound system. Its pretty good, but having so many aftermarket systems, to me it just sounds okay. Im interested in knowing more about upgrading to get more volume. When my windows are down at highway speed, I cant hear it very well. I was thinking about just a power upgrade to some small degree.
I completely agree, I have the B&O and I feel that it is sub par. The midrange seems to miss a lot of the frequencies, the tweeters are not dispersed, sounding to forward and lacking projection from the rear. The subwoofer is a complete miss on many types of music and leaves a lot to be desired.