OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Lots of pros and cons about using wheel locks. Some use, some don't. Everyone knows that a thief can get a wheel off if they choose to. I use Gorilla locks with the hope that they will be a deterrent for stealing. My 1st safeguard is to always park in the safest appearing place possible to help detract theft.

Gorilla Wheel locks.jpg

Locks installed 1.jpg
Sponsored

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Here we are, Gorrilla compared to factory.

It initially appears that the factory lugs have a much deeper seat than aftermarket

IMG_1258.jpeg

The factory lug has a large flat area above the conical seat that's not present on the aftermarket.

IMG_1259.jpeg

When you compare seat to seat they are very close if not identical.

Edit: I dug out a caliper and the factory lug is not quite 0.5mm deeper than the Gorilla.

IMG_1257.jpeg

Hope that helps.
This is great, thank you. Does the flange on the stock nut (that isn't present on the lock nut) actually sit on the hub, or is it decorative?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
This is great, thank you. Does the flange on the stock nut (that isn't present on the lock nut) actually sit on the hub, or is it decorative?
Pretty sure it's just decorative.

If you look closely at the factory lug, you can see that it is scored in the same place as the aftermarket lug where it clamps the wheel.
Sponsored