Who has added a Dash Cover?

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX
Gonna try the Dash Designs Dashtex in Black. Looking for a more practical non-carpet/non-leather feel.
Been looking at my dashboard with a Microscope (kind of) and not enjoying the tiny abrasions I am seeing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
FYI, anyone thinking of buying the cheap dash pad/mat from E Bay, DONT !

poor fit, poor cut outs, poor contour & will slide off if not taped down.
after a month of use it still wont lay down completely. came shipped rolled up &
has not relaxed all that much.

jitsujerry

First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Hi RR,

Thanks for posting this....Just got A Round Tuit..... Finally. Both for the Nautilus and the Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi RR,

Thanks for posting this....Just got A Round Tuit..... Finally. Both for the Nautilus and the Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I got a DashMat from Covercraft and it would not lay flat unless you use ALOT of velcro, first one did not fit properly and to short on driver side so they sent a replacement and it fit the same to short on driver side and would not lay flat, I would not recommend.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Does the dash mat cover the passenger air bag?

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX
Gonna try the Dash Designs Dashtex in Black. Looking for a more practical non-carpet/non-leather feel.
Been looking at my dashboard with a Microscope (kind of) and not enjoying the tiny abrasions I am seeing.
I changed my Dash Designs order to Brushed Suede. They said the Brushed Suede or Sedona Suede is the smoothest and easiest to clean. The Dashtex is more of a fabric mesh.
I think the Pinholes in the Sedona Suede add a nice Utilitarian look. However if you don't have pinholes elsewhere in the vehicle the smooth brushed suede may be the way to go. Plus both the Brushed Suede and Sedona Suede have the 5 year warranty. Someone else will have to try the Dashtex.You can see the different materials here:
https://www.dashdesigns.com/p-37086-dash-covers-main.html

Will post back once I get the Brushed Suede installed installed.

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I changed my Dash Designs order to Brushed Suede. They said the Brushed Suede or Sedona Suede is the smoothest and easiest to clean. The Dashtex is more of a fabric mesh.
I think the Pinholes in the Sedona Suede add a nice Utilitarian look. However if you don't have pinholes elsewhere in the vehicle the smooth brushed suede may be the way to go. Plus both the Brushed Suede and Sedona Suede have the 5 year warranty. Someone else will have to try the Dashtex.You can see the different materials here:
https://www.dashdesigns.com/p-37086-dash-covers-main.html

Will post back once I get the Brushed Suede installed installed.
Dash Designs make great dash covers...I got the black velour to my match the ebony interior. Looking forward to seeing what the Brushed Suede looks like. :)

Dash Cover 1.jpg

Dash Cover 2.jpg

Dash Cover 4.jpg

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
No there is not Phil. The speakers are the A pillars, in the front doors, and the rear doors. Total of 6.
It's the B and O sound system that has the dash speaker. Mine has one.

Ranger33566

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a black velour Dash Designs dash cover through my dealer using the remainder of my Ford pass rewards. It matches the ebony interior. The cutouts for the vents, storage tray (there is a well designed flap extending off the cover to fit into the storage tray) and Pre-collision indicator were exactly in the right positions. The overall size was a perfect fit everywhere. The seams were smooth and uniform. I used the velcro fasteners and the cover lies flat with no ripples or hump
@Paul - I appreciate very much if you can show where the "pre-collision indicator" is located on your truck. I am about to pull a trigger on a black velour Dash Designs.

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Paul - I appreciate very much if you can show where the "pre-collision indicator" is located on your truck. I am about to pull a trigger on a black velour Dash Designs.
Good point! I forgot to mention that dash covers can be ordered with or without the pre-collision cut-out. If you have one, It is that rectangle panel with the little squares in it located just behind the longer windshield vent. This is my 1st vehicle with electronics. About two months after getting the Ranger was out driving and suddenly a flashing rectangle with squares reflected off the windshield. I looked up and saw a bicycle at about 45 degrees to the right of the Truck and discovered how the Pre-collision system works :)

Pre-collision indicator.jpg

Last edited:

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Good point! I forgot to mention that dash covers can be ordered with or without the pre-collision cut-out. If you have one, It is that rectangle with the little squares in it located just behind the longer windshield vent. This is my 1st vehicle with electronics. About two months after getting the Ranger was out driving and suddenly a flashing rectangle with squares reflected off the windshield. I looked up and saw a bicycle at about 45 degrees to the right of the Truck and discovered how the Pre-collision system works :)

Pre-collision indicator.jpg
What models have that pre collision monitor? So I also have a 2020 STX 4x4 with BLIS (if that matters). I have Pre collision assist and AEB. I thought all Rangers had that. But I don't have anything on my dash like that. I looked at the ford website for the 2020 model year and across all trims I couldn't find anything mentioned about it.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What models have that pre collision monitor? So I also have a 2020 STX 4x4 with BLIS (if that matters). I have Pre collision assist and AEB. I thought all Rangers had that. But I don't have anything on my dash like that. I looked at the ford website for the 2020 model year and across all trims I couldn't find anything mentioned about it.
Mike, my dealership said the Pre-collision dash monitor is optional. Probably included in certain packages. I actually ordered it through them using Ford Pass rewards. But I called Dash Designs beforehand just to confirm how to order for my particular dash configuration. Maybe you could take your Truck to a dealer to find out how your dash is equipped. I seem to recall that when you plug in your Ranger year and model when ordering, it will guide with questions about specific dash layouts :)

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I have a theory I thought about after I made my post. My truck has Copilot 360 as well as the FX4 package. Both of those packages Upgrade the standard XL monochrome instrument panel with the XLT full color panel. I think that's the difference. I've had pre collision go off before and my cluster turned bright red and made a very annoying warning beep. I think I'd rather have lights like yours that illuminate on the windshield.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a theory I thought about after I made my post. My truck has Copilot 360 as well as the FX4 package. Both of those packages Upgrade the standard XL monochrome instrument panel with the XLT full color panel. I think that's the difference. I've had pre collision go off before and my cluster turned bright red and made a very annoying warning beep. I think I'd rather have lights like yours that illuminate on the windshield.
Sounds like you have a unique system with some good features that I don't have. I should have added that in addition to the windshield reflection also got the warning beep. Being a typical guy with attention deficit, I probably needed the extra sound to shake me out of the fog :crazy: :LOL:

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX
For those of you that bought Dash Designs, where did you decide to fasten the Velcro? I am concerned about damaging the dash with too much Velcro adhesive, but I think a few strategic spots would work. Also did you clean the dash with alcohol or anything before fastening the Velcro?
Sponsored