When the green light drops

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
My trucks are 2wd, if you have a 4wd without mods, I would launch it in 4, but the best alternative (if they are serious and tuned) is put it in 2wd, Drag radials, roll through or if possible, skip the water box, hold the brake pedal down and do a burnout, 20-25 lbs air, boost to 2500-3000 and dump it….engaging the front differential puts a lot of drag in the straightaway…
Heck yeah, when I was racing my Stangs when I lived near Dallas I avoided the water box like a dang ?!! Best advice ever with steet tires. Nothing like blowing tires off in the first 10 foot and not make it to the 60 and your already in 4th gear... bawaaa ask me how I know, lol. I miss those days!!
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: Doc

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Some one said, using D instead of S is faster. Well, that's simply not true. At least if you have Ford's Performance tune, and a few other goodies. Sports mode has the advantage, if you turn off both the traction and stability controls. Doing so, gains you about half a second to 60, and a bit more in the 1/4. That is, if you don't launch too hard, which makes the shifts erratic.

Best of all, if you can time the shifts correctly, Sports Manual mode gains you a few tenths in the 1/4. It is tricky, in that you need to shift about 600 RPM before you need it too.

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
There is a guy on the 2019+ Ford Ranger USA Facebook group doing 4.5 second 0-60 and 12.4 second quarter mile with e30. If you guys haven't seen it I can dig up the post. I don't know what else he has done, but I have personally seen him really upset some folks from a dig.

joseywales

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Research scientist
Vehicle Showcase
There is a guy on the 2019+ Ford Ranger USA Facebook group doing 4.5 second 0-60 and 12.4 second quarter mile with e30. If you guys haven't seen it I can dig up the post. I don't know what else he has done, but I have personally seen him really upset some folks from a dig.
yeah man post that if you can find it!

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I am an upland game bird biologist from Texas, at least that’s what my masters thesis is all about..lol
Here in Colorado I am the field coordinator for Arvada’s MS4 stormwater permit. I mainly deal with land disturbance for construction sites and revegetation after construction. You could say I’m a plant guy at this point in my career ?
A "plant guy" in Colorado can be pretty popular! :wink:

I'm a Civil Engineer but my focus has always been on water and water treatment. Lots of biology involved in that. The only birds we care about are the geese adding ammonia to our treatment lagoons. The dirty bastards! ?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
A "plant guy" in Colorado can be pretty popular! :wink:

I'm a Civil Engineer but my focus has always been on water and water treatment. Lots of biology involved in that. The only birds we care about are the geese adding ammonia to our treatment lagoons. The dirty bastards! ?
I don't know about popular...lol. I'm from Texas, so as soon as you say that here in Colorado your likely to get the "stink" eye.....;)
That's ok though....they need all the help they can get here with the environment, especially water quality. Heck, just the old tailings from the vast mining operations that went on back in the day are still causing havoc all over the place. Mountain valleys decimated by gold mining are easy to find. I have seen some awesome restoration projects, but they are so expensive!

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Some one said, using D instead of S is faster. Well, that's simply not true. At least if you have Ford's Performance tune, and a few other goodies. Sports mode has the advantage, if you turn off both the traction and stability controls. Doing so, gains you about half a second to 60, and a bit more in the 1/4. That is, if you don't launch too hard, which makes the shifts erratic.

Best of all, if you can time the shifts correctly, Sports Manual mode gains you a few tenths in the 1/4. It is tricky, in that you need to shift about 600 RPM before you need it too.
S mode for low end torque off the line......D mode on the highway for top end...IMHO ;)
The Livernois 91-93 HP Tune is a beast down low...1, 2, 3.....and it's over

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I don't know about popular...lol. I'm from Texas, so as soon as you say that here in Colorado your likely to get the "stink" eye.....;)
That's ok though....they need all the help they can get here with the environment, especially water quality. Heck, just the old tailings from the vast mining operations that went on back in the day are still causing havoc all over the place. Mountain valleys decimated by gold mining are easy to find. I have seen some awesome restoration projects, but they are so expensive!
Iowa used to be a coal production state but our coal has a lot of sulfur so they stopped mining it. We still have a lot of restoration projects every year because of all of the mines.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Iowa used to be a coal production state but our coal has a lot of sulfur so they stopped mining it. We still have a lot of restoration projects every year because of all of the mines.
It really blows my mind that in 2021 we can't scrub a coal stack to remove the nasty sulfur dioxide...and other yuck from the waste stream. We have SO MUCH cheap to mine coal in this country....such a shame all our fossil fuel energy sources are being played against us. We should be paying next to nothing for gas. Our leadership....or lack of it is so sad and disappointing. I can't even commute much in my Ranger anymore....to expensive with the HP tune requiring 91 octane.

joseywales

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Research scientist
Vehicle Showcase
It really blows my mind that in 2021 we can't scrub a coal stack to remove the nasty sulfur dioxide...and other yuck from the waste stream. We have SO MUCH cheap to mine coal in this country....such a shame all our fossil fuel energy sources are being played against us. We should be paying next to nothing for gas. Our leadership....or lack of it is so sad and disappointing. I can't even commute much in my Ranger anymore....to expensive with the HP tune requiring 91 octane.
Agreed, 100% its absurdity hitting $3.30/gallon for cheap ass 87 here in central fl.....which i know is not so bad in comparison to other states so i cant complain too much. But its still harsh when we were paying a $1.50/gallon less last year and year before.....We all knew it was going to sky rocket after January lmao

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
Those companies can probably do ALL of that, but it costs money and they aren’t into reduced profits.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
Agreed, 100% its absurdity hitting $3.30/gallon for cheap ass 87 here in central fl.....which i know is not so bad in comparison to other states so i cant complain too much. But its still harsh when we were paying a $1.50/gallon less last year and year before.....We all knew it was going to sky rocket after January lmao
Informed individuals knew gasoline and most other commodities were going to go way up when the fed’s funny money started pouring into the economy in mid 2020. Global infrastructure and supply chains were and are really screwed up from this ongoing health crisis. Welcome to hyper inflation and perhaps the beginning of the end of consumerism.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
My only real complaint about my Ranger is turbo lag off the start. I guess I could manage that better if I spent some $$ on a pedal commander. Power braking is a pain.....I have found that my limiting factor as she gets more miles on her is transmission temp. It doesn't take too many hits to get that temp up above 210. From there 210 - 220 doesn't take much. I want to install a large, aftermarket transmission cooler but since I'm still under warranty I don't want to make any mods like that. We do have a little tiny trans cooler on these Rangers. Anybody have a pedal commander installed that can give a thumbs up on that?

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
My only real complaint about my Ranger is turbo lag off the start. I guess I could manage that better if I spent some $$ on a pedal commander. Power braking is a pain.....I have found that my limiting factor as she gets more miles on her is transmission temp. It doesn't take too many hits to get that temp up above 210. From there 210 - 220 doesn't take much. I want to install a large, aftermarket transmission cooler but since I'm still under warranty I don't want to make any mods like that. We do have a little tiny trans cooler on these Rangers. Anybody have a pedal commander installed that can give a thumbs up on that?
I think a tune would be a better option for peddle response and power. As far as warranty “if” something goes wrong the manufacturer has to prove that the tune caused the damage. That being said most tuners will give your a safe tune well within the capabilities of the truck. I’m a fan of Unleashed.
You could add an aftermarket transmission pan and increase the fluid capacity by about 2 quarts to help lower the temp.
On a side note I just changed my trans fluid this weekend and it was just about 2 quarts low from the factory.

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
Search is a wonderful thing … https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/pedal-commander-installed-whoa.4623/
Sponsored