Wheel Spacers on Stock Rims

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
No trimming of studs needed for a 1" spacer. Your OE wheels have deep pockets on the hub seating surface. I didn't have to trim my studs with my 0.75" spacers. The stud barley printed onto the aluminum on my rear wheels, so I ground off a tiny amount from each stud (for safe measure). Anything 1" and above, you will not have to worry at all.
Thanks.
Sponsored

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I Finally got around to installing my BORA 1” spacers on my stock sport wheels.

A little backstory….
I installed a 3” Ready Lift Level kit and BFG KO2 LT275/70R17 tires on my stock wheels right after getting the truck.

With this set-up, I had no rubbing issues so there were no modifications at all to anything, crash-bars, etc. I did the full-lock, left-right and forward-reverse on pavement…. no rubbing. Truth be told, it was REAL CLOSE at full lock, especially front crash-bar drivers side, full-lock turned to the right.

Over the Winter, I did a little off-road and a lot of snow driving but no rock-crawling or anything too crazy…. again, no rubbing issues at all.

I wanted a bit “more aggressive” stance, so I purchased the 1” BORA spacers directly from the manufacturer MotorSport Technology.

It took a few weeks to get the spacers (I think they make them to order?), but they are top-shelf quality. The fit & finish is perfect!

I installed the spacers and rotated my tires at the same time.

Here are a few pics:

Install was easy, as you can see, the spacer lugs are tucked into the spacer so the mounting surface for wheel is flush, no trimming of the studs:

IMG_7083.jpeg

Before Spacers:

IMG_7085.jpeg

After Spacers:

IMG_7088.jpeg

Another angle before spacers:

IMG_7086.jpeg

And after spacers:

IMG_7087.jpeg

After the install, I took my truck back up to my local parking lot for the full-lock testing. With the new spacers, I had just a little rubbing at full-lock, wheels turned to the right on the drivers side only. (not sure why pushing the tire/wheel out 1” created a rubbing situation?)

Upon closer inspection, on my truck, it appears the passenger-side front crash-bar was positioned about 3/8” forward. This gave more clearance compared to the drivers-side front crash-bar, thus the rubbing. (you'd think they'd be the same from the factory?)

So back home to remove the drivers-side tire/wheel. I loosened the crash-bar and pushed it forward, as far as it would go, about 3/8”. Tightened it up and went back to the parking lot AND ALL IS GREAT.... NO RUBBING!

The spacers do give much more clearance inside (knuckle, etc.). I don’t know if the 3/8” clearance at the front crash-bar is going to be enough in some hard core off-road settings? There is a lot of room at the rear crash-bars, so no issues there.

I am very happy overall with the stance of the truck with this set-up.
Cheers! ?

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck

A little backstory….
I installed a 3” Ready Lift Level kit and BFG KO2 LT275/70R17 tires on my stock wheels right after getting the truck.

With this set-up, I had no rubbing issues so there were no modifications at all to anything, crash-bars, etc. I did the full-lock, left-right and forward-reverse on pavement…. no rubbing. Truth be told, it was REAL CLOSE at full lock, especially front crash-bar drivers side, full-lock turned to the right.

Over the Winter, I did a little off-road and a lot of snow driving but no rock-crawling or anything too crazy…. again, no rubbing issues at all.

I wanted a bit “more aggressive” stance, so I purchased the 1” BORA spacers directly from the manufacturer MotorSport Technology.

It took a few weeks to get the spacers (I think they make them to order?), but they are top-shelf quality. The fit & finish is perfect!

Here are a few pics:

Install was easy, as you can see, the spacer lugs are tucked into the spacer so the mounting surface for wheel is flush, no trimming of the studs:

IMG_7083.jpeg

how high does that pump jack/ stand raise? Been looking for a combo like that

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Does anyone have a shot from behind and/or front? I'm trying my best to be patient, waiting for Bora spacers, so help a fella out would ya? Looking to see from afar the stance it has.
Thanks.

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
how high does that pump jack/ stand raise? Been looking for a combo like that
Hey Matt,

It's the UniJack 6000.... 6000 lbs capacity and lifts from 11-21".

I bought 2 of these and they are great.

I use a hockey puck (it's red in the picture) on the front jack point (to flatten the cradle) and use the cradle (fit perfectly) on the rear axle jack point.

IMG_7080.jpeg

IMG_7081.jpeg

When I use the jack, I raise it far enough to get the tire off the ground, then set it down on the jack stand lock so the truck is not supported by the hydraulics. (not sure if this is better/necessary, but it's rock-solid)

I store one of these in my storage box in the bed to use as my jack if I ever need it for a flat tire and/or emergency.... WAY better than the factory jack!

Here's where I got mine, bought them online and got 25% off instantly and picked up in the store:
https://www.pepboys.com/powerbuilt-6000-lb-unijack/product/633527?tab=tab4

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
So BORA and FactionFab are our of stock for 5+ weeks. I need some sooner than later.

I wanted 1" but they were sold out of these as well. But have 1.25" so I got a set of 4 of those.

They also have hubcentric 1/4" spacers for those interested. This would have been my other route. I didn't want any old 1/4" spacer there, I wanted it hubcentric to eliminate any slop during install that could cause vibration.

Link to the larger spacers https://venumwheel.com/products/6x5...ord-ranger-billet?_pos=1&_sid=4db1bf1eb&_ss=r

Link to the 1/4" spacers https://venumwheel.com/products/6x5...rd-ranger-spacers-only?variant=31847917584462

CAL_08

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

A little backstory….

Here are a few pics:

IMG_7083.jpeg

Before Spacers:

IMG_7085.jpeg

After Spacers:

IMG_7088.jpeg

Another angle before spacers:

IMG_7086.jpeg

And after spacers:

IMG_7087.jpeg

After the install, I took my truck back up to my local parking lot for the full-lock testing. With the new spacers, I had just a little rubbing at full-lock, wheels turned to the right on the drivers side only. (not sure why pushing the tire/wheel out 1” created a rubbing situation?)

Upon closer inspection, on my truck, it appears the passenger-side front crash-bar was positioned about 3/8” forward. This gave more clearance compared to the drivers-side front crash-bar, thus the rubbing. (you'd think they'd be the same from the factory?)

So back home to remove the drivers-side tire/wheel. I loosened the crash-bar and pushed it forward, as far as it would go, about 3/8”. Tightened it up and went back to the parking lot AND ALL IS GREAT.... NO RUBBING!

The spacers do give much more clearance inside (knuckle, etc.). I don’t know if the 3/8” clearance at the front crash-bar is going to be enough in some hard core off-road settings? There is a lot of room at the rear crash-bars, so no issues there.

I am very happy overall with the stance of the truck with this set-up.
Cheers! ?
Side view? I am trying to pick a tire size and 275/70/17 is my first choice. I am interested to see how they fill up the wheel well on your truck.

mobilemike01

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
1.5” spacers on 265/70/17 tires and stock wheels. Rubs slightly on reverse and when pinned. Ordered the smaller crash bars but pretty sure they are on back order right now.

8E97AE17-E67B-47B7-9220-040E3C0A95DD.jpeg

32671644-8CC3-4078-8053-019689BFC3D6.jpeg
EC496198-E853-4A67-B0AC-FE477A0FD189.jpeg

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
1.5” spacers on 265/70/17 tires and stock wheels. Rubs slightly on reverse and when pinned. Ordered the smaller crash bars but pretty sure they are on back order right now.
You might be able to loosen the bolts on your crashbars and push them back so your tire doesn’t rub. I was able to do this and it stopped rubbing.

mobilemike01

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
You might be able to loosen the bolts on your crashbars and push them back so your tire doesn’t rub. I was able to do this and it stopped rubbing.
Thanks! I completely forgot I saw someone mention that here! I’ll give it a shot! Is it just the bolts on the bar themselves or do I need to loosen the bumper too?

thanks again!!
Sponsored

Last edited: