Wheel Spacers on Stock Rims

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Dw
Thanks! I completely forgot I saw someone mention that here! I’ll give it a shot! Is it just the bolts on the bar themselves or do I need to loosen the numbers too?

thanks again!!
Just the two 15mm bolts on each bar. Loosen them and wiggle the bar back and fourth until its noticeably loose in the opening, then push outwards as you tighten them again.
Sponsored

mobilemike01

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Dw

Just the two 15mm bolts on each bar. Loosen them and wiggle the bar back and fourth until its noticeably loose in the opening, then push outwards as you tighten them again.
Thanks again! Just went out to the garage and no more rub!

painter1

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ZX2, F350
Guys, quick question.

When you're talking about turning the steering wheel lock to lock, what limits the range of movement. Is there an adjustable stop similar to this image (random example pulled off the web) or just a cast knob on the knuckle/spindle ?

steer-stops01.jpg

Asking because I think the coming Tremor's new knuckle design features a "lock-stop profile steering knuckle" and wondering if that might be what the difference is - just an adjustable stop...

chico1911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger (soon)
Occupation
Operations Manager & Firearms Instructor
I may be crazy, but it seems the front wheel track width is wider than the rear!? I haven’t measured yet.

Has anyone used different width spacers front and rear? Maybe 1” or 1.25” on the front and 1.5” on the rear?

Thanks in advance!

Chris073

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Chemist
i'm installing a 3' leveling kit from www.fordrangerlifts.com but am waiting to buy new wheels and tires. I was thinking about putting wheel spacers on to widen the stance a little bit just to hold me over for the next year or so while i save for aftermarket wheels and tires. Has anyone done this? Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks much in advance
For the same reason as you, I just added 1.25" spacers. I was worried it was too much and would look janky. Now I'm glad I went with 1.25", heck could have even been 1.5" and I'd be happy.
PXL_20211013_212610799.jpg

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Any Tremors with 1" spacers? No lift? Stock tire size or bigger? Pics?
Just 1" spacers. Subtle but the right look for what I wanted. In person it is more obvious.

PXL_20211202_233335523.jpg

PXL_20211202_183243334.jpg

I may be crazy, but it seems the front wheel track width is wider than the rear!? I haven’t measured yet.

Has anyone used different width spacers front and rear? Maybe 1” or 1.25” on the front and 1.5” on the rear?

Thanks in advance!
I swear it is wider in the rear too but when you look at the lines of the truck, I am positive it is just an optical illusion. The front end has the look of a wide flare in the fender's sheet metal. When I reverse on a line, they look like they are exactly the same width.

Last edited:

RRRANGERXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RACE RED RANGER XLT, 2021 TESLA MODEL Y
The older 80s gm trucks and k5’s were wider in the front. I think I remember it was for not throwing stuff into the rear wheel track.

but I think its only about a inch on each side.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So do the front coils need compressed to install a leveling spacer? It looks like you can drop strut out, install spacer and replace.
Sponsored

Last edited: