Wheel Spacers on Stock Rims

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt, 2005 Saleen mustang, 2019 ram 2500
I doubt it. If you do it will be in reverse on the drivers side.
Sponsored

Muuki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I'm no engineer either.... but I am curious (and hopeful!) as I just received my 1" BORA spacers.

I'm running BFG K02 LT 275/70R17 on the stock sport wheels. I have the 3" ReadyLift Level in the front and have had no rubbing/clearance issues to date.

I wanted the 1" spacers to move the tires out for a more "aggressive-looking" stance.

I hope after the install there are no rubbing/clearance issues? I should get the install done in the next week or two and will report back.

IMG_6997.JPG

I have been thinking about doing the same setup, but with 1.5" bora spacers. Would you be able to post some pics when your done!

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I have been thinking about doing the same setup, but with 1.5" bora spacers. Would you be able to post some pics when your done!
I'm waiting for nicer weather as I will fully detail and rotate my tires when I install the spacers. I intend to do some before & after shots from the same position to hopefully show the difference.
?

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why are Bora spacers way more expensive and other spacers?

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I’m running 1/4” spacers to fit 285/70/17 with zero rub even at full crank.

2682C4D0-7E34-41F8-956D-C286DB920223.jpeg

D2288748-23C8-4AA1-8A9F-1C31FD2A23EB.jpeg
Perfect setup.

So my first question, which 1/4" spacers did you order?

Second question, what tire pressure are you running and if you've aired down for offroading has your tires rubbed at that point with the steering knuckle?

Third question, are the factory wheel studs long enough that you feel confident that you wont have any issues with your lug nuts coming loose or wheel studs snapping off?

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Do any sponsors offer discounts? So far I'm looking at $200 for 1" Faction Fab and $230 for Bora.

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Do any sponsors offer discounts? So far I'm looking at $200 for 1" Faction Fab and $230 for Bora.
I would opt for the Bora spacers. They have way more thickness options than Faction Fab and they're manufactured in the states. I will warn you, they are made to order. It can take a while to receive them but they are worth the wait. You've probably already seen my previous post in this thread, but I'm running thier Stahl steel spacers and really like them.

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I would opt for the Bora spacers. They have way more thickness options than Faction Fab and they're manufactured in the states. I will warn you, they are made to order. It can take a while to receive them but they are worth the wait. You've probably already seen my previous post in this thread, but I'm running thier Stahl steel spacers and really like them.
Are the Stahl spacers coated to prevent seizing?

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
No, I sprayed them with a coat of cosmoline before installing them.
Considering, I won't be doing any 4 wheeling like years past, just going for looks. Where'd you buy from?
A side rant here… doing online searches won't show any local shops who might sell them. Even going 9 pages in, it's the same companies over and over. Just trying to support local, but damn it's hard info to find...

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Considering, I won't be doing any 4 wheeling like years past, just going for looks. Where'd you buy from?
A side rant here… doing online searches won't show any local shops who might sell them. Even going 9 pages in, it's the same companies over and over. Just trying to support local, but damn it's hard info to find...

I bought mine direct from their machine shop;

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I bought mine direct from their machine shop;

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/
Thanks. I watched the video on that website about Bora, think I'm going to go that route. Now just searching to see if there are any discounts out there for Stage 3 or anyone else that sells them. Then I have to learn patience :eek:)

Also, did anyone have to trim studs for a 1" spacer?

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ebay lug nut guys sell them made from billet 6061 tc aerospace aluminum , hub centric.
They go fast when in stock. Made specifically for the Ranger. With the high strength pressed in studs.
For $130.00 shipped.

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Thanks. I watched the video on that website about Bora, think I'm going to go that route. Now just searching to see if there are any discounts out there for Stage 3 or anyone else that sells them. Then I have to learn patience :eek:)

Also, did anyone have to trim studs for a 1" spacer?
No trimming of studs needed for a 1" spacer. Your OE wheels have deep pockets on the hub seating surface. I didn't have to trim my studs with my 0.75" spacers. The stud barley printed onto the aluminum on my rear wheels, so I ground off a tiny amount from each stud (for safe measure). Anything 1" and above, you will not have to worry at all.
Sponsored