What's wrong with this truck? Price can NOT be correct!

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Did you try calling another dealer? X plan is close to invoice and 250 off isn’t even close. I’d call a different dealer within a range you’d be willing to drive to get it.
I called Nevada, Utah, Arizona and LA dealers. And I even searched their inventories during night shifts. So I called 4 states in a 300ish mile radius distance.
Super cab, lariat, FX4 not to be found. Would of had no problem driving to get it. My order is refundable so if I find one I still could do it. I figure it might be delivered in April (22 March build).
Sponsored

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
So, keep jabber jaw'n around and it'll be gone just when you finally decide to go get it...:crazy:;)
This, when I was shopping I wanted to see a super cab . I found one at a dealer it was on the website, I called to verify it was still there yup, said they had it. I stopped in after work to see it and they couldn't find it. They had sold it day before but it was still on the site.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Things aren't always as they appear? Don't know if there's a catch to the listed price or not. I did get my new 19' early summer 2019 for $35,000 before tax and tags. The truck stickered for just over $40,000 and there wasn't much inventory at the time. It was a straight, no trade deal, so they couldn't hide money anywhere. I asked the dealer after I signed my paperwork and they said it was a volume reimbursement they got every quarter from Ford. He swore they made nothing on most new cars, and actually lost some times, but would make out in the long run for getting volume kickbacks from Ford. IDK? I just know that I shopped 5 different states and only found 1 dealer willing to sell me a New Ranger for this price. Most wouldn't budge off MSRP.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Things aren't always as they appear? Don't know if there's a catch to the listed price or not. I did get my new 19' early summer 2019 for $35,000 before tax and tags. The truck stickered for just over $40,000 and there wasn't much inventory at the time. It was a straight, no trade deal, so they couldn't hide money anywhere. I asked the dealer after I signed my paperwork and they said it was a volume reimbursement they got every quarter from Ford. He swore they made nothing on most new cars, and actually lost some times, but would make out in the long run for getting volume kickbacks from Ford. IDK? I just know that I shopped 5 different states and only found 1 dealer willing to sell me a New Ranger for this price. Most wouldn't budge off MSRP.
Yeah, I get that. I actually sold cars for a brief time in my life decades ago so I have an understanding of this, somewhat. The confusing part (and the reason for my question) is, of their six Rangers on the lot, this is the ONLY one that has anything like this. It's not the difference between XLT and Lariat, as there simply isn't that much difference in profit margin between those two. This is simply an outlier and I'm wondering why. I do have the advantage of being an A/Z plan but this price is WAY below that, and I mean by thousands. Just peculiar.

BigBallin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor
I called Nevada, Utah, Arizona and LA dealers. And I even searched their inventories during night shifts. So I called 4 states in a 300ish mile radius distance.
Super cab, lariat, FX4 not to be found. Would of had no problem driving to get it. My order is refundable so if I find one I still could do it. I figure it might be delivered in April (22 March build).
Here’s my local dealer in Nebraska. All marked 1-2k under msrp. I can also get you in contact with a sales man
https://www.baxterauto.com/new-vehi...riat&_dFR[type][0]=New&_paymentType=our_price

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Like stated above the higher the trim, and the more options on the truck will give a bigger discount. However, that doesn't stop a dealer from slipping something in there that you may not qualify for. We have a dealer in the Charlotte area that will show prices of 5-6K off sticker, but when you read the fine print the price goes back to the average discount for the area. And, you also have to consider the Doc Fees. The same dealer I talked about has a $789 Doc Fee, and the BS add on's price of $778. I wouldn't even darken their doors because of that.
Which dealer is that? If I were to guess, it’d be the one on South Blvd. or am I wrong?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Which dealer is that? If I were to guess, it’d be the one on South Blvd. or am I wrong?
Well, that one to Mark. :) I was talking about the one on Independence out towards Matthews. Their initials are T & C. It seems like it's a competition to see who can screw you the most. And, they get by with it as folks don't read the fine print when shopping for the best monthly payment.

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Well, that one to Mark. :) I was talking about the one on Independence out towards Matthews. Their initials are T & C. It seems like it's a competition to see who can screw you the most. And, they get by with it as folks don't read the fine print when shopping for the best monthly payment.
Yeah I got mine there and will say that I somehow missed that. I will say that while I didn’t get what I wanted on my trade, neither did they. I watched the price on the website go down over the period of a month and I’d be surprised if they made more than 2k off of that. Live and learn for me. I was concerned about going inside so we did everything outside. My wife is a covid long hauler and getting it again could easily send her to the hospital or worse. Anyway, I got a good deal. Not a great deal but I did ok. Coming in with a 2017 Optima SX with 65000 miles and prior (very small) accident didn’t do me any favors. It also needed tires. Kia had to replace the turbo at 50K. Anyway, in light of everything, I did ok except for that fee. Got my ESP from Flood Ford so did great there too. Honestly, dealer finance guys are the slimiest people I know. Like lawyers, 9/10 will be going to the hot place.

RobmJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
y'all making me feel my xlt super crew sport for 22.8k was a good deal

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Yeah I got mine there and will say that I somehow missed that. I will say that while I didn’t get what I wanted on my trade, neither did they. I watched the price on the website go down over the period of a month and I’d be surprised if they made more than 2k off of that. Live and learn for me. I was concerned about going inside so we did everything outside. My wife is a covid long hauler and getting it again could easily send her to the hospital or worse. Anyway, I got a good deal. Not a great deal but I did ok. Coming in with a 2017 Optima SX with 65000 miles and prior (very small) accident didn’t do me any favors. It also needed tires. Kia had to replace the turbo at 50K. Anyway, in light of everything, I did ok except for that fee. Got my ESP from Flood Ford so did great there too. Honestly, dealer finance guys are the slimiest people I know. Like lawyers, 9/10 will be going to the hot place.
I understand, the big dealers like T&C are tricky. I bought an F-150 from them in 2011, and they tried to slip some of that stuff in under the radar. But I was paying cash, so they weren't able to get it by me. Other than that sleazy crap they were OK until I took it back for a free oil change that cost me 40 bucks. I didn't see that one coming. :crazy: :crackup:

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
If you want ride the go XLT sport. Stock drives like a barge down the road. Nice ride if you like boats! ?
Ya think? I have your twin and pleased with the ride. Not boat like at all. ( at least to me)

RobmJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
I can take a pic of my paperwork if you’d like lol it was a year end deal in 2019
You mean 32.8K? 22.8K would require sweat equity (I.e. you go to Michigan and help to build it)