Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I found the same nut in the same location the first time I vacuumed.
0F993C61-2666-4E4F-86C7-98B652D19E9B.jpeg
Get outta here! Really?!?

Holy crap, now I'm extra curious, what the heck. Ugh, gonna ruminate on this again. But I must take Phil's wisdom to heart and become zen ...

Maybe if Ford stopped dropping extra nuts around, they could delete less stuff!

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I found a pretty small Phillips style screw(aprx 1/2" long) on my rear floor. Looks like it was threaded in something.

I dunno, door panels seem tight so whatever.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I found the same nut in the same location the first time I vacuumed.
0F993C61-2666-4E4F-86C7-98B652D19E9B.jpeg
Hi Randy and David,

Different nuts... Here is TMI....Ford fastener finish suffix David has an S2 finish nut and Randy has an S36 finish from this chart....

Fastener Finish Codes.jpg

Best,
Phil

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed Wet Okole seat covers Sunday and what a pain those are!

But as I was futzing with the front passenger seat, this fell out toward the outside rear underside of the seat.

Great ... this stuff bugs me and it certainly isn't an "extra" part. I couldn't see anything missing a nut but it must be to something like the seat raiser and layer-backer thingie.

It doesn't look like it's had a socket on it. So either that means it was placed on and never tightened or maybe what, did uit just fall in from the extra parts when they build seats? I can't believe a nut would fall into a seat during assembly?

Any ideas?

If you know of detailed parts diagrams, I'd sure be appreciative to look at them (I've only looked for a few minutes and no luck yet).

Or maybe this is meant to be missing as another "deleted item" from Ford Rangers! =D

mystery-nut.jpg
As far as installing these tight neoprene type seat covers, there is a trick. What you do is cover your seat in a garbage bag. Then the seat cover will slide on much easier, then pull out the garbage bag.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
When I got my truck there was various little 2" by 2" bags in the truck each with two to four nuts, or bolts, or screws. Bag had a barcode on them but no numbers. Some were found in the door pockets, glove box, behind the back seat, in the center console. I thought maybe Ford never finished building the truck.

I still have them in a coffee can on the workbench.

OP
OP
subquark

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
As far as installing these tight neoprene type seat covers, there is a trick. What you do is cover your seat in a garbage bag. Then the seat cover will slide on much easier, then pull out the garbage bag.
Clever and bummer I didn't know that! Thanks and I hope others benefit from your great suggestion. =)

OP
OP
subquark

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
When I got my truck there was various little 2" by 2" bags in the truck each with two to four nuts, or bolts, or screws. Bag had a barcode on them but no numbers. Some were found in the door pockets, glove box, behind the back seat, in the center console. I thought maybe Ford never finished building the truck.

I still have them in a coffee can on the workbench.
The only things I've found, so far, is that tailgate plug and a bag with license plate screws. Plus my awesome $1.57 mystery nut! =D

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
subquark

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Hi Randy and David,

Different nuts... Here is TMI....Ford fastener finish suffix David has an S2 finish nut and Randy has an S36 finish from this chart....

Fastener Finish Codes.jpg

Best,
Phil
Holy smokes Phil! You can tell that from a pic!

You're officially beyond awesome now and all I have to say is Marvel who? and DC who?

Step aside, Phil's the man!

Thank you Phil! =)

Extra kale to Tito, your superhero sidekick! Those teenage mutant turtles got nothin' on Tito!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
So I installed Wet Okole seat covers Sunday and what a pain those are!

But as I was futzing with the front passenger seat, this fell out toward the outside rear underside of the seat.

Great ... this stuff bugs me and it certainly isn't an "extra" part. I couldn't see anything missing a nut but it must be to something like the seat raiser and layer-backer thingie.

It doesn't look like it's had a socket on it. So either that means it was placed on and never tightened or maybe what, did uit just fall in from the extra parts when they build seats? I can't believe a nut would fall into a seat during assembly?

Any ideas?

If you know of detailed parts diagrams, I'd sure be appreciative to look at them (I've only looked for a few minutes and no luck yet).

Or maybe this is meant to be missing as another "deleted item" from Ford Rangers! =D
I wonder if that's the same guy drilling holes into the gas tanks of Mavericks for their bed liners!
I called Ford HR. Yup, same dude. He got transferred to Wayne from Hermosillo after they caught him using a 6 inch masonry bit.

Hi David,

It is a UBS flange nut... Uniform Bearing Surface It does not show signs of being installed as near I can tell... I think it is an extra nut that fell out of the operator's hand/installation tool, etc...

best,
Phil
Can't you engineers just say "shoulder nut?" :crackup:

Looks to me like a rod end cap nut from a Mopar slant six. Probably fell out of the assembler's pocket when he was reaching for his can of chaw before break time.

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yeah, right.......I find that hard to believe. As Tracy @Tracy Bowman would say :turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:.
Speaking of which, anybody heard from her lately?

She hasn't posted in a while. Hope all is well.
Sponsored