First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Compared to the hype of the Bronco there's been very little new information released on the 6th Gen Ranger. I could build and preorder a Bronco even before the vehicle was released. You think Ford would be interested in Pre Orders for the new Ranger. I would like to know what's going on.

th (19).jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Compared to the hype of the Bronco there's been very little new information released on the 6th Gen Ranger. I could build and preorder a Bronco even before the vehicle was released. You think Ford would be interested in Pre Orders for the new Ranger. I would like to know what's going on.

th (19).jpg
You and me both, buddy!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

th (19).jpg
My take is that we are still 16 months away from being able to purchase a 6G Ranger - I'm thinking they won't be in dealers until January or February of 2023. If that is true, there is still a lot in flux on the details of the new Ranger. Since there already is a Ranger, there isn't a lot of hype about the new one. The Bronco was a completely different deal - they were bringing back an old name and market and hyped the crap out of it to build interest.

I honestly don't think the Ranger gets nearly as much attention from the company as the F-150 or the Bronco.

I'm very interested to see and hear all the details on the 6G Ranger as well.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
New year orders don't start until mid September. Plus I thought the 6G wasn't going to be released until '23?

Edit: Looks like Rob types faster than I do. lol

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Here's as far out as I can find. It follows historical 5G Ranger patterns. I think we are out to September 2022 before we see any 2023 6G ordering info.
fndbScreen Shot 2021-08-02 at 08.39.28.png

Do you suppose that if the Maverick takes off, that the Ranger will go back to being an every-market-but-here truck? Personally I think that is unlikely near term, good economy of scale now with the Bronco but there might not be a 7G Ranger/Bronco. Or, NA will have a Bronco Pickup and the rest of the world will have Rangers. Makes sense: here, the Ranger is largely a lifestyle/personal vehicle, where as overseas it fills the role the F-Series does here more vocational and vocational-personal.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Do you suppose that if the Maverick takes off, that the Ranger will go back to being an every-market-but-here truck?
I don't think so. I like the Maverick a lot more than I thought I would, but the capabilities of the Ranger as a work truck and as an off-road vehicle are head and shoulders above it. Bottom line is the Ranger fits into a slot of the market that neither the Maverick nor the F-150 can fill.

Then again, I never understood why they killed off the American Ranger the first time.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Do you suppose that if the Maverick takes off, that the Ranger will go back to being an every-market-but-here truck? Personally I think that is unlikely near term, good economy of scale now with the Bronco but there might not be a 7G Ranger/Bronco. Or, NA will have a Bronco Pickup and the rest of the world will have Rangers. Makes sense: here, the Ranger is largely a lifestyle/personal vehicle, where as overseas it fills the role the F-Series does here more vocational and vocational-personal.
I doubt this will happen. The Maverick does not have enough towing capacity. The Bronco is too much off-road focused, even a a pickup. The 5G Ranger just created a truck for people who want to tow a decent sized camper, but don't need, want or have space for a full size truck. I makes a good daily driver and still can be the weekend work horse. The F150 has just gotten too big for that knitch.

I sure hope it doesn't happen, I love my ranger.?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
From a marketing standpoint with what we do know is coming the hype will be all over the Bronco and Maverick next year when supplies are back on track. Wouldn’t surprise me if 6G Ranger doesn’t get offered until 2024 or 25. By the looks of it Ford is unifying the look of the entire line of pickups to look more like F150’s box look. Size and towing will be the separation from each offering. With the reduced sale’s presently because of shortages they will have to build so many of the current style to recoup the initial outlay and make some profit.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Then again, I never understood why they killed off the American Ranger the first time.
Piecing together different events that happened :
  • 2008-10 the depression hits, Ford (& others) hemorrhaging red ink, close as many plants as they can. TC & Edison AP (4G Rangers) close 2011. all Mercury production Discontinued. Crown Victoria dethroned.
  • NA Ranger Deveolpment abandoned- Funds go to other projects.
  • 2010-12-ish: "Musical Plants:" Navigator/Expedition move to Louisville from MAP, Focus soldiers on until 2018. Glass House braintrust decides that the US needs the C-Max built at MAP.
  • Australian production ceases 2016- all Aus-Oceana-Aisa Fords sourced from Taiwan (GM & Toyota pull out of Oz too)
  • 2016- New Tacoma a hit: TMMTX running flat out. GM successful with new "Color-Anyons," rumored Jeep pickup. Midsize pickups are the new white space. T6 Tooling put on the boat to MAP (sans reg. cab)- Focus, C-Max left twisting in the wind.
IMHO, TCAP and Edison were among the oldest plants, and in the case of TCAP little room to expand and modernize further; simple but tough cut. Had it not been Ranger, It probably would've been Flat Rock AP closing; Mazda 6 going back to Japan before 2012, and Mustang discontinued.
Sponsored

Last edited: