What winch for 589Fab hidden winch mount?

bgtruck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2015 Cadillac cts vsport
Occupation
Yes
Hi All:

Got a 21 Lariat Tremor

Its all coming together and I need a winch for my 589 Fab mount. I want to get a Warn Evo 10S, can anone comfirm that fits? I know I need a box relocation kit. Any one have any sugestions with the mount?

Thanks for you time,
Sponsored

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Investigating this as well. Also curious where people are installing control box. Not a lot of room under the hood.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Watching, eventually i will be getting one as well

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
add me to the watch. list my winch mount and truck are in a race to see which delivers first

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
I want to know how you got a 589Fab hidden winch mount? I have been looking for a month and the status has not changed, sold out....

OP
OP

bgtruck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2015 Cadillac cts vsport
Occupation
Yes
I want to know how you got a 589Fab hidden winch mount? I have been looking for a month and the status has not changed, sold out....
Black Friday cyber Monday I believe. They were in stock and was delivered a few days later.

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Black Friday cyber Monday I believe. They were in stock and was delivered a few days later.
I am going to have to take a drive, they are about an hour North of where I live, see if can encourage them to sell me one

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
I have one of the new Superwinch SX10’s it’s awesome and fit perfectly. You have to clock the winch as you’re technically mounting it upside down so make sure whatever you get is able to be clocked properly.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have one of the new Superwinch SX10’s it’s awesome and fit perfectly. You have to clock the winch as you’re technically mounting it upside down so make sure whatever you get is able to be clocked properly.
@DanaBovender I ended up going with the Superwinch SX10SR. The documentation on clocking the gear box I can find says it only supports +- 90 degrees. In order to mount this in the hidden mount from 589 Fab, seems it needs to clock a full 180. Just wanted to confirm you were able to do this and winch worked fine. I am also planning on calling Superwinch support number tomorrow to confirm, but always good to hear from guys in the field using this.

Also curious where you mounted the control box as they definitely don't give you enough wire to get to the engine bay (and not a lot of room in there anyhow).

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gov Employee
@DanaBovender I ended up going with the Superwinch SX10SR. The documentation on clocking the gear box I can find says it only supports +- 90 degrees. In order to mount this in the hidden mount from 589 Fab, seems it needs to clock a full 180. Just wanted to confirm you were able to do this and winch worked fine. I am also planning on calling Superwinch support number tomorrow to confirm, but always good to hear from guys in the field using this.

Also curious where you mounted the control box as they definitely don't give you enough wire to get to the engine bay (and not a lot of room in there anyhow).
The winch actually mounts in reverse, your clutch is on the left side, forces it to top wind and Superwinch/Westin said is fine. So you really only go 90 degrees clocked reverse. I also rotated the other housing so my light is on top still. worked fine.
I mounted my control box on the drivers side behind the headlight between the headlamp housing and the battery. I bought a control box mount that connects to the front apron under the plastic cover, wish I knew where I got it, I saw it on here somewhere, I can't remember.
Ran 1AWG cables through anti-chafing guard along the side of the radiator supports up the right side you need 4 ft of each. There is a channel, you can see it if you look. just leave plenty of slack. If you have the Bluetooth you can mount the box anywhere. It's awesome.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gov Employee
here is what Westin tech sent me:

The SX gear box can be clocked.

· Disconnect the winch from the power supply and tip the winch up onto the motor cover.

· Remove the bolts attaching the gear box end of the winch to the tie bar and remove gear box end.

· Remove the tie bar from the winch.

· Pull and twist the clutch handle so that the clutch is in the freespool position.

· Remove the eight bolts that attach the gear box to the drum support.

· Rotate the gear box to the desired position.

· Replace the eight bolts that attach the gear box to the drum support.

· Place the gearbox end of the winch onto the winch. Ensure that the drive shaft and drum properly engage the gearbox. Rotate the gearbox end as necessary in order to engage the gearbox.

· Install the tie bar.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Superwinch SX10SR mounted and working. Clearance is excessively tight on the motor side of the winch (driver side), but all mounted and wired up.

IMG_3814.jpg

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
I’m looking to do same on my tremor. With mount and winch will I have too much weight for the front on a stock tremor suspension? Of course it already has a rake but not sure if the added weight would be too much.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gov Employee
Superwinch SX10SR mounted and working. Clearance is excessively tight on the motor side of the winch (driver side), but all mounted and wired up.

IMG_3814.jpg
LOOKS GREAT...and yes that back right bolt is a pain in the ass...
Sponsored