What lift to run?!

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
So would you recommend the basic OME kit with leafs and shocks over the Eibach kit?
That's the only thing he ever recomends. You could ask about lowering your truck and Frenchy would recomend the OME kit. LOL

There aren't a lot of complete lift kits that give you the amount of lift that you want. At a certain point with the leveling kits you are getting into a reverse rake where you're lifting the front end higher than the back end.

You could do something like the Icon kit you posted and get a set of their rear leaf springs or even someone elses leaf springs. Options are starting to open up for people who want to lift the rear of their truck as well as the front end that go beyond just lift blocks. Though lift blocks are an option as well.
Sponsored

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Also remember, what are you going to do about tires. Are you going to stick with the stock size or go with larger tires? One thing you have to consider is that when you go with larger tires you're lifting your truck as well. If you go with tires that are 2" larger than your stock size you're actually lifting your truck 1".

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I feel like that BDS kit is a lot of money for what is basically a spacer lift. You get new UCA but you're still limited to the factory suspension travel and ride. I was on the verge of going OME but decided that coilovers and UCA were a better option.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I feel like that BDS kit is a lot of money for what is basically a spacer lift. You get new UCA but you're still limited to the factory suspension travel and ride. I was on the verge of going OME but decided that coilovers and UCA were a better option.
Belive it or not the OME does very well without replacing upper control arms. Most on here think ots still required but it isn't. The travel is just frine and the alignment was able to go back to factory specifications with no problem

OP
OP
Rambo2020R

Rambo2020R

First Name
Coleton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Detention Officer
Also remember, what are you going to do about tires. Are you going to stick with the stock size or go with larger tires? One thing you have to consider is that when you go with larger tires you're lifting your truck as well. If you go with tires that are 2" larger than your stock size you're actually lifting your truck 1".
Going with 34s

NedKelly

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Emergency Communications Dispatcher
Belive it or not the OME does very well without replacing upper control arms. Most on here think ots still required but it isn't. The travel is just frine and the alignment was able to go back to factory specifications with no problem
I am looking into the OME and was wondering about the UCAs. It is comforting to hear that you had no alignment issues. Did you install the Light Load or Heavy Load kit? I am looking to add the bumper and winch down the road, so am considering the Heavy Load kit, but I am unsure if there will be a sacrifice in ride until I do get them installed.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I am looking into the OME and was wondering about the UCAs. It is comforting to hear that you had no alignment issues. Did you install the Light Load or Heavy Load kit? I am looking to add the bumper and winch down the road, so am considering the Heavy Load kit, but I am unsure if there will be a sacrifice in ride until I do get them installed.
I have the light load kit. The heavy load kit can provide a rough ride if you do not have it loaded down to start. One other option you have(yes it cost more) is the BP-51 kit. With that kit all you have to do when you install the bumper and winch is change the preload as per ARB's instructions state.
Sponsored