What kind of mud flaps is everyone using.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Did you edit the picture to hide your license plate or do you have some kind of cover on it?
LOL it was an edit - didnt know it would even do that
Sponsored

CaliBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 Cyber Orange
Occupation
Software Engineer
I put RokBloks on. Original size, black on black. No drilling required. They are somewhat adjustable, and I put them all the way inboard. The mudflaps stick out just a bit past the stock tire. If I ever get bigger tires, the mudflaps can be repositioned about an inch out.

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I put RokBloks on. Original size, black on black. No drilling required. They are somewhat adjustable, and I put them all the way inboard. The mudflaps stick out just a bit past the stock tire. If I ever get bigger tires, the mudflaps can be repositioned about an inch out.

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg
I could not get the front Rokblokz to work for me.

I'm in the process of returning them. I can't recommend then. I'll do a separate write up with my experience once I get my refund, but you take your chances ordering them. IMHO they are way overpriced at $130 too. Once I received the flaps and inspected the plastic material (it is just stamped out of a plastic sheet) and poor mounting hardware, I was disappointed. That was before I tried the install.

RARanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg
Did you find these easy to install? I am looking at these because I like how they don't wrap around the fender. BTW, love the color on your truck!

forestale

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
Did you find these easy to install? I am looking at these because I like how they don't wrap around the fender. BTW, love the color on your truck!
Not OP but I had no trouble installing mine. Just a bit of patience with getting the lower screws into position first helped, and bending the tab on the flaps in advance makes it easier to attach. I did all four in an hour or so. :) They are kind pricey for what they are but I too like the thin style. They are easy to hose off for what it's worth.

Last edited:

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Weather Techs

LF Mudflap.jpeg
LR Mudflap.jpeg

CaliBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 Cyber Orange
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks! The Rokblokz were a bit fiddly to install. Make sure it's warm. I left mine sitting in the cab in the sun to warm them up. That makes it easier to bend the tab. Make sure you insert the flange nuts into the backing plate correctly. I spaced out on one and inserted the flange nuts from the front side instead of from the back side. They pulled out as soon as I tightened the screws, but that was easy to fix by reinserting the flange nuts correctly. One problem I had was removing the OEM plastic inserts that screw into the wheel-well liner. You're supposed to remove them and use new inserts provided by Rokblokz. They come out by loosening a metal screw and then pulling the plastic insert out. On one of mine, the metal screw just stripped the plastic insert and it was really hard to remove. All in all, it took me about 2 hours, I think. I used blue loctite on the stainless screws that go into the flange nuts. I'm happy with the result and I think they are top quality.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I got Husky brand on the way. Anybody use these?

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
Thanks! The Rokblokz were a bit fiddly to install. Make sure it's warm. I left mine sitting in the cab in the sun to warm them up. That makes it easier to bend the tab. Make sure you insert the flange nuts into the backing plate correctly. I spaced out on one and inserted the flange nuts from the front side instead of from the back side. They pulled out as soon as I tightened the screws, but that was easy to fix by reinserting the flange nuts correctly. One problem I had was removing the OEM plastic inserts that screw into the wheel-well liner. You're supposed to remove them and use new inserts provided by Rokblokz. They come out by loosening a metal screw and then pulling the plastic insert out. On one of mine, the metal screw just stripped the plastic insert and it was really hard to remove. All in all, it took me about 2 hours, I think. I used blue loctite on the stainless screws that go into the flange nuts. I'm happy with the result and I think they are top quality.
I’m also considering Rokblokz, I’m sure it’s pretty self explanatory but did they come with any type of install instructions?