What is the expected price to install coilovers?

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Can't edit the title. Haha sorry for my spelling errors, damn autocorrect

I'm a brakes, oil changes and fluids change kinda guy, but I am not confident in doing a suspension swap myself. The rears look like a piece of cake, but what has anyone paid to get their leveling kit installed?

I am not confident enough to do the front suspension myself. I will reach out to local shops tomorrow to compare.
Sponsored

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I've been thinking about doing the Eibachs and reusing the factory springs. I'm probably capable of doing it, except for the spring work and alignment, but would rather have a competent shop do it all. Reading as much as I can and I see people saying they paid $350-$450.

I got an estimate from a local shop that I trust and got:
Front - $384
Rear - $110
Align - $90

After tax and supplies $624.

This shop is not cheap and they do good work, so I expected the cost to be higher, but not this much higher. The install cost put me off the whole thing.

Agreed, the rears look easy, which would save some money.

Will be interested to see what kind of estimates you get.

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Can't edit the title. Haha sorry for my spelling errors, damn autocorrect

I'm a brakes, oil changes and fluids change kinda guy, but I am not confident in doing a suspension swap myself. The rears look like a piece of cake, but what has anyone paid to get their leveling kit installed?

I am not confident enough to do the front suspension myself. I will reach out to local shops tomorrow to compare.
I am the exact same way! However, there are several youtube videos that walk you step by step through the process. They explain tools needed, and exact steps and helpful tips. They are also done by professionals. While admittedly they are not done on Rangers (the installs are on Tacomas), the install process would be extremely similar. I am going to tackle the project this weekend so I will let you know how it goes. I'll also be posting in my "Slow and Steady Ranger Build" thread under "Builds and Projects". However, having a shop do the spring work will significantly add to your cost. Maybe somebody in this forum is close by and can help? Rentable spring compressors aren't difficult to use.

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I've been thinking about doing the Eibachs and reusing the factory springs. I'm probably capable of doing it, except for the spring work and alignment, but would rather have a competent shop do it all. Reading as much as I can and I see people saying they paid $350-$450.

Front - $384
Rear - $110
Align - $90

This shop is not cheap and they do good work, so I expected the cost to be higher, but not this much higher. The install cost put me off the whole thing.

I am the exact same way! However, there are several youtube videos that walk you step by step through the process. They explain tools needed, and exact steps and helpful tips. They are also done by professionals. While admittedly they are not done on Rangers (the installs are on Tacomas), the install process would be extremely similar. I am going to tackle the project this weekend so I will let you know how it goes. I'll also be posting in my "Slow and Steady Ranger Build" thread under "Builds and Projects". However, having a shop do the spring work will significantly add to your cost. Maybe somebody in this forum is close by and can help? Rentable spring compressors aren't difficult to use.

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I just called one local shop. They looked up the job time on the computer and emits saying its about a 6 hour job. I highly doubt it but I suppose.

This shop is also known to be affordable, so I was kinda shocked at the price estimate. $640 out the door with tax and the alignment. He didnt break it down for me though.

I'm curious what the dealership would charge. I'm going to continue shopping around and will come back with more estimates.

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Front - $384
Rear - $110
Align - $90

Thanks for such a great breakdown. I really appreciate it.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
For a basic leveling kit, less than 2 hours before an alignment, they're just not that hard or involved.

If front struts get swapped using original springs, add maybe another hour total.

Swapping front springs needs expanded tool set, but other than that, common hand tools are all that's needed.

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For a basic leveling kit, less than 2 hours before an alignment, they're just not that hard or involved.

If front struts get swapped using original springs, add maybe another hour total.

Swapping front springs needs expanded tool set, but other than that, common hand tools are all that's needed.
Watching stage3motorsports youtube video of the Fox Shocks 2.0 install, I also agree. Maybe 3 hours max. 6 hours sounds incredibly overshot

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
i was quoted $2000 to have the Ford Performance / Fox Coilover kit ordered and installed with alignment at a local Ford Dealer ship in Tampa

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
i was quoted $2000 to have the Ford Performance / Fox Coilover kit ordered and installed with alignment at a local Ford Dealer ship in Tampa
If that includes sales tax, the MSPR of the FOX kit is about $1500 so the install is ball parked at $350, fits my 3 hour estimate. If sales tax is omitted, the $500 install/alignment seems a bit high.

Of course the MSRP is easy to beat so I'd call the $2K quote high too.

ALranger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
MRI tech
I had the Fox 2.0 Coilover kit from Stage 3 installed last night. I have a mechanic in the family thankfully. He charged me $150. It took him about an hour and 15 minutes to do the install. Went and had the truck aligned this morning which was another $60.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Got an estimate from a shop that does a lot of extreme Jeeps and full size trucks - over $900! Alignment alone is $100 from them.

They said 4 hours for the front and 2 for the rear.:rolleyes:

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Got an estimate from a shop that does a lot of extreme Jeeps and full size trucks - over $900! Alignment alone is $100 from them.

They said 4 hours for the front and 2 for the rear.:rolleyes:
They must think everyone is gullible and sadly, it may be only most are.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
So I just called one local shop. They looked up the job time on the computer and emits saying its about a 6 hour job. I highly doubt it but I suppose.

This shop is also known to be affordable, so I was kinda shocked at the price estimate. $640 out the door with tax and the alignment. He didnt break it down for me though.

I'm curious what the dealership would charge. I'm going to continue shopping around and will come back with more estimates.
Not sure how accurate the "accessories.ford.com " site is, but their price shows installation.
I picked the four closest dealers to my zip code and this is what I got.

(The 2nd pic shows only one rear shock. I clipped it off stitching these together and to lazy to fix)

prices.jpg

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how accurate the "accessories.ford.com " site is, but their price shows installation.
I picked the four closest dealers to my zip code and this is what I got.

(The 2nd pic shows only one rear shock. I clipped it off stitching these together and to lazy to fix)

prices.jpg
I just had mine installed today at a local Ford dealer $500 including 6% sales tax. Paid $1308 for the kit from Levitown Ford delivered to my door. Yes, I could have gotten the install cheaper but I wanted to check all of the boxes Ford requires to keep the warranty intact.
Sponsored