What is the expected price to install coilovers?

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
So per the Ford warranty with the parts kit as long as a dealer or ASE certified mechanic installs it the warranty should remain intact.

The best quote Ive gotten so far was $291 and thats from a Ford dealer, but I need to see if they will installnthe parts I ordered from Levittown otherwise I maybe S.O.L. cause the dealer will do it for $1636 installed, and if I can use or gain Fordpass points it makes up for the price increase and retaining of warranty.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I've called multiple shops and two dealerships here. They are going off some shop manual on their computer for the amount of hours, they're saying about 7 hours of labor.... wtf. Most labor rates are $100/hr plus so the totals all came to roughly $900. Heck no.

Reached out to a local offroad group im on on Facebook and a guy who has his own shop is doing it on the side for $200.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I've called multiple shops and two dealerships here. They are going off some shop manual on their computer for the amount of hours, they're saying about 7 hours of labor.... wtf. Most labor rates are $100/hr plus so the totals all came to roughly $900. Heck no.

Reached out to a local offroad group im on on Facebook and a guy who has his own shop is doing it on the side for $200.
You must have called Superior Ford. Try Apple Ford in Shakopee they will do it for $300 according to Accessories.Ford.com.

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You must have called Superior Ford. Try Apple Ford in Shakopee they will do it for $300 according to Accessories.Ford.com.
That price was only if I bought the kit from them. I bought the Icon kit instead of the Ford/Fox tuned one.

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That price was only if I bought the kit from them. I bought the Icon kit instead of the Ford/Fox tuned one.
Oops and it was the Ford in Cambridge and the one in Coon Rapids. I could call/check them out, but have it all set up now. I'm going to call and check anyways just to see. They're closed now, and Sunday, so I'll reply Monday evening with what they say, eventhiugh I'll have mine on already.

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would love to get together sometime. Whats all done to your truck? I live in 55070 but work in 55303. You're not far from me. All the offroad parks are north of you and I a bit. Local groups usually have events to go with too.

Last edited:

Dhass68

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Brake and Suspension mechanic
I did mine myself as it is what I do for a living.
I installed the Readylift 3" leveling kit on the front that replaces the factory upper strut mount so the strut actually comes apart, took me a little under an hour for both sides and another half hour for the alignment.
The shop I work at would be an hour a side for the front and an hour and a half for the rear plus $125 for an alignment.
Anybody that charges much more than $550 to $600 to do the complete job using a direct bolt in strut assembly is overcharging IMO

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
Local Ford Dealer did my Fox Ford Performance kit for a little under $400 out the door including alignment.

Generally its about 2-3hours labor depending on the shop and the tech doing the work plus an alignment.

So about $100/hr at a independent shop + $90-$120 for alignment.

$300-$500 seems to be the average price of a coilover and rear shocks and blocks kit.

RamblinnMann

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Design Engineer
All the shops in my area are asking for at least $1900 installed. I got the kit off Stage 3 and am buying the hardware that's included in the Ford Performance kit so that I don't have to re-use, and a friend who is very familiar with building trophy trucks will help me install.

Regarding the warranty, does installing these yourself void the whole warranty? As in, if you have engine problems that would have been covered under warranty down the line, will they deny you because of this modification? Or would that still be covered? Going to dig in to this myself but wondering if anyone here knows...

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
I am the exact same way! However, there are several youtube videos that walk you step by step through the process. They explain tools needed, and exact steps and helpful tips. They are also done by professionals. While admittedly they are not done on Rangers (the installs are on Tacomas), the install process would be extremely similar. I am going to tackle the project this weekend so I will let you know how it goes. I'll also be posting in my "Slow and Steady Ranger Build" thread under "Builds and Projects". However, having a shop do the spring work will significantly add to your cost. Maybe somebody in this forum is close by and can help? Rentable spring compressors aren't difficult to use.
Hmmm

I've found 3 and they were all kind of vague especially in dealing with the CV axle issue.

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
Got an estimate from a shop that does a lot of extreme Jeeps and full size trucks - over $900! Alignment alone is $100 from them.

They said 4 hours for the front and 2 for the rear.:rolleyes:
I did my rear ford fox shocks with the truck on the ground in an hour and i was taking my sweet time.

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how the dealerships figure their quotes, but in the installation instructions, 7 of the last 8 pages go through checking/adjusting the ACC for plumb if it exists, as well as checking/adjusting headlights since the level will effect their adjustment.
Sponsored