What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Just came! Now to get it installed. Hopefully this weekend. But we have a lot going on so don't know...
20231206_112621.jpg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Congratulations on your license. =)

I suck with tests and applaud you for doing so well. This sounds (no pun intended) like an awesome project.

I loved having a CB and 10 foot whip on my old FJ40 and always thought a HAM radio would be so practical and far more useful, but I never pursued it because of the license requirements.

Post lots of pics and share more of your experiences, it might just spur me on. =)

Good luck with it and I look forward to following your journey in this.

LOL, and you already got me interested enough to find out why it's called HAM:

HYMAN-ALMY-MURRAY
I had an Antron 99 for CB and 300 feet of 12 gauge wire for ham..All gone now due to the hurricane…

IMG_0037.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I got what I thought would be a nifty way to secure and lock my little 2.5 gallon NATO can, but maybe not so much. Also a small coated cable and another pair of red locks.

A large screwdriver could easily defeat these locks but they just let me not be so paranoid if I leave the tonneau open during errands.

Forty years ago I'd carry two 5-gallon Jerry cans on mounts on the inside of the small rear swing doors on the FJ40. I always took the main doors and top off in the summer, and folded the windshield down.

One day I popped into Walmart and came out to find the straps cut and the cans gone. Maybe they were hard up and 10 gallons of gas let them get to work that week ...

It's a pretty nifty mount with rubber pads to protect the can's paint
20231208_133821.jpg

A 3/16" cable that could be cut with my first-aid sheers, but ...
20231208_134122.jpg

Dang, the mount doesn't fit into the space in front of the wheel well, but could fit this way I suppose, but I don't wanna have a crew cab size bed =p
20231208_134321.jpg

Be gone mount! But I really should put something like a couple of plastic dowels underneath to let the BedRug dry out
20231208_134859.jpg

The Velcro strap is long enough to hold the lock captive so that it doesn't rattle and scratch up the can's paint (hmm, maybe I should graphene it! I know the one formerly known as "damper scorpion" would endorse that plan!) =D
20231208_134859.jpg

Even my beloved tire chains are secure =)
20231208_140004.jpg

What payload? I don't think I have any left! And those are soft loops threaded through the tie downs to make it easier to ratchet strap brush or cantankerous dump loads. I'm gonna pick up a dozen foam insulation panels soon, they're so light, maybe I'll just ratchet across the top of the swing cases? Or not be lazy and pop the cases out ...
20231208_140137.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
After getting a large one that was too big to put anywhere, I discovered smaller versions. They won't go on until warmer weather but I wanted to see what they might look like.

Corny and hokey, probably, but I likes it. =p

Apart from up my butt, any suggestions for better placement on Soupie?

20231209_135938.jpg

20231209_135905.jpg

20231209_135941.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
After getting a large one that was too big to put anywhere, I discovered smaller versions. They won't go on until warmer weather but I wanted to see what they might look like.

Corny and hokey, probably, but I likes it. =p

Apart from up my butt, any suggestions for better placement on Soupie?

20231209_135938.jpg

20231209_135905.jpg

20231209_135941.jpg
That position seems to be the best location David. I was thinking one might be okay under the EcoBoost badge on the tailgate, if you have one, but the space is kind of narrow.

These badges made me think of the member doing a King Ranch version of his Ranger - heading to the search tool to find the thread. 😀

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Tell me about the rock auto magnets 😂

IMG_0724.jpeg

Some for the 19’ Ranger most for the 94’ Ranger
Nice.

I thought about cheating and buying their 5 pack random assortments, but it's not as fun as slowly collecting them as you broke ordering parts.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
That position seems to be the best location David. I was thinking one might be okay under the EcoBoost badge on the tailgate, if you have one, but the space is kind of narrow.

These badges made me think of the member doing a King Ranch version of his Ranger - heading to the search tool to find the thread. 😀
Thanks! =)

That's one deleted item I have not replaced, the EcoBoost badge.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Thanks! =)

That's one deleted item I have not replaced, the EcoBoost badge.
David, I like the ecoboost moniker and replaced mine on Pepper with this one from ebay...
That would make a good place for a longhorn underneath it on the tailgate. The other, I'd put on the dash over the Ranger on the right =p

Screenshot_20231210_081817_eBay.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
One of the few snow brush/rake's still made in the US.

Seems like these foam head things are the rage and I tend to remotely de-ice, so the snow is the big thing - especially on the roof and the tonneau.

Plus we have a law that all snow must be removed (it's a shame that it needs to be a law, but a child died years ago from ice flying off a tractor-trailer). =(

They have several size handles, this one's 48 inch and fits in the cab.

https://snorake.com/products/sno-rake-105

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZWHFKLP $34.95
(now $38.97 - saved a few bucks with a temp coupon)

My last snow brush seemed awesome until the telescoping handle buckled like a cheap tinfoil hat - so an old-school wood handle seems like a safer bet for me (and I'm not worried about scratching with it - I use Graphene - plus I've been known to use an aluminum snow shovel on cars ...). o_O

seems like it'll do the tonneau nicely
20231212_085408.jpg

US made and even has a Canadian patent, so it must be good! =p
20231212_085419.jpg

nice fit under Cheech's bed (and his blanket, of course) =D
20231212_085533.jpg

the handle was hitting something hard when I first passed it through, so I went to see and found this! LOL, Kate used Soupie a month ago to get groceries and this fell between Cheech's bed and the passenger seat! who says Christmas isn't magical (hey Santa, up the magic quotient a bit, whiskey resist freezing better than wine, just being practical ya know) =D
20231212_085708.jpg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.

Seems like these foam head things are the rage and I tend to remotely de-ice, so the snow is the big thing - especially on the roof and the tonneau.

Plus we have a law that all snow must be removed (it's a shame that it needs to be a law, but a child died years ago from ice flying off a tractor-trailer). =(

My last snow brush seemed awesome until the telescoping handle buckled like a cheap tinfoil hat - so an old-school wood handle seems like a safer bet for me (and I'm not worried about scratching with it - I use Graphene - plus I've been known to use an aluminum snow shovel on cars ...). o_O

20231212_085408.jpg

20231212_085419.jpg

20231212_085533.jpg

the handle was hitting something hard when I first passed it through, so I went to see and found this! LOL, Kate used Soupie a month ago to get groceries and this fell between Cheech's bed and the passenger seat! who says Christmas isn't magical (hey Santa, up the magic quotient a bit, whiskey resist freezing better than wine, just being practical ya know) =D
20231212_085708.jpg
So, you keep that bottle in Soupie ??? And if your pulled over you tell them what....it's windshield washer fluid ???

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist

20231212_085408.jpg

20231212_085419.jpg

20231212_085533.jpg

20231212_085708.jpg
That's a cool foam tool...plus a bonus from the snow rake fairy! =P. We had a guy at church who used an aluminum snow shovel to de-snow his dark blue Dakota truck and you should have seen his hood, in spring...sheesh...

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
So, you keep that bottle in Soupie ??? And if your pulled over you tell them what....it's windshield washer fluid ???
No. no, no - I'd never lie about why it's there, I'm a sharing-and-caring kind of person - I'd offer them a glass and toast our boys in blue!

Besides, I often have a secret tool to charm anyone:

IMG_20230509_181322416.jpg