What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
One of the last pieces to the exterior puzzle arrived this morning. Went with a custom job from a great seller on Etsy to get rid of the only chrome and blue on the truck….always seemed so out of place to me.

I chose Magnetic for the housing and surround to match my flares, bumpers etc. Cactus gray with matte black lettering to match everything else on the truck

Gotta say, I’m really impressed with the quality of the paint job. Pretty excited and hope to install it this evening. If anyone is interested, I’ll also post a link to the company later….as they can do any combination of colors imaginable.

A9D15FE3-9AAB-473E-89B9-73FF7243B59B.jpeg
Your tires are cleaner than any part of my truck has been since I've owned it. I'm not exaggerating, it was dirtier than that when I picked it up from the dealer last April, and hasn't had a serious wash since.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Tecoom brand mud guards, will install this weekend.

Other than being a smidge short and causing my hands to break out in a rash... These feel good quality.

jiE5LlF.jpg

More rubber than plastic.
I have those on my truck.

I think you'll like them.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
These things only drill into the plastic fender lip right? I'd feel uneasy drilling into a new truck I've only had for 4 days.
Very little drilling and only into plastic.

Most retainers are steel clips.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Woohoo, no truck yet but I got these in the mail!

oil-change.jpg

This is from someone here on the forum suggesting how to make oil filter changes easier. Just JB Weld the nut-thingie (official term) in place of the breakable clip/screws and easy peasy.

I'll search for the thread because they put links to these parts.

Edit: Here's the post with the eBay links for the nut-thingies and the knurled screws:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/finally-did-my-own-oil-change.19229/post-402579

Last edited:

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Woohoo, no truck yet but I got these in the mail!

oil-change.jpg

This is from someone here on the forum suggesting how to make oil filter changes easier. Just JB Weld the nut-thingie (official term) in place of the breakable clip/screws and easy peasy.

I'll search for the thread because they put links to these parts.

Edit: Here's the post with the eBay links for the nut-thingies and the knurled screws:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/finally-did-my-own-oil-change.19229/post-402579
Very cool idea! ? I may do this mod. What length thumbscrews did you use? Thanks.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Very cool idea! ? I may do this mod. What length thumbscrews did you use? Thanks.
I got the 18mm but only because they didn't have 12mm. I think the original poster did 12mm but also said there's plenty of room for longer ones.

LOL, since I don't even have the truck, I won't know until later (and hopefully not via a low oil warning light!). =D

Good luck!

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
I got the 18mm but only because they didn't have 12mm. I think the original poster did 12mm but also said there's plenty of room for longer ones.

LOL, since I don't even have the truck, I won't know until later (and hopefully not via a low oil warning light!). =D

Good luck!
Maybe you'll get lucky and by the time you get yours, they deleted the shield altogether. :LOL:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Maybe you'll get lucky and by the time you get yours, they deleted the shield altogether. :LOL:
They might delete the entire engine, then no need for oil changes (that's me, always thinkin'). =D