What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Does anyone know if 3/4 marker lights will work on the rocker panel holes? Mine are actually sealed, but since I have not used running boards in some time I've considered adding ground illumination tied to the factory courtesy lighting when you open door or use keyfob.
Might need to use grommets to fit around the lights.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Wait, why did you ask me then?
Because I was wondering if they were a twitch bigger than the ones I had bought, how they fit for you. If yours turned out bigger and fit more snugly, I'd have asked you for the link probably so I could replace mine.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
BING BING BING... We have a winner! As everyone knows our spare tires are mounted with the valve stem up. This possess a problem if you want to check tire pressure. On more than one adventure it has been necessary to utilize the spare (rock pinches etc.) so I never leave home for an adventure without checking spare. I have thought about adding chain and turning spare over, but of course that exposes the valve stem so this will be my attempted solution. Haven't mounted it yet so ???? (And yes I carry a small compressor and tools etc.) All input/suggestions are welcome (well most all ?). Thanks for playing!
I think someone here made measurements for the upside down mounted spare and I think they showed it had decent ground clearance. I'll search for it and update here if I find it.

UPDATE: Here's that awesome thread with measurements and photos by @HenryMac :

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/cant-check-air-pressure-in-spare-tire.4536/post-68418

Last edited:

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 05 &10 Subaru STI, 911, LC +2
Occupation
ER Nurse/Nursing Instructor Retired
I think someone here made measurements for the upside down mounted spare and I think they showed it had decent ground clearance. I'll search for it and update here if I find it.

UPDATE: Here's that awesome thread with measurements and photos by @HenryMac :

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/cant-check-air-pressure-in-spare-tire.4536/post-68418
Thanks for the info. Ground clearance is really not the issue as it should be the same if the tire is all the way up agains the stops (???). It is the fact that with the tire upside down the stem is exposed to damage (rocks etc.) whereas in the stock position it is safely tucked away. My hope is that with the stem extension I can have the tire is stock position and the stem tucked up inside far enough as to minimize potential damage. Thoughts???

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Thanks for the info. Ground clearance is really not the issue as it should be the same if the tire is all the way up agains the stops (???). It is the fact that with the tire upside down the stem is exposed to damage (rocks etc.) whereas in the stock position it is safely tucked away. My hope is that with the stem extension I can have the tire is stock position and the stem tucked up inside far enough as to minimize potential damage. Thoughts???
I think,if you want max protection, then the extension is the way to go. But I'd see about leaving the extension above and pull it down when needed. I wonder if a small string could work.

I can imagine a rock pinching the extension against the rim and then tugging on it and tearing it loose.

Now that would be extreme. BUT ... on my '72 FJ, I've dented and bent both drive shafts on rocks, put major dents in the skid plates (and you know how heavy those are), broken both front leaf springs, bent both the front bumper and rear bumperettes. And ripped the oil drain plug off the pan.

Ah, the folly of youth (and awesome memories!). =)

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 05 &10 Subaru STI, 911, LC +2
Occupation
ER Nurse/Nursing Instructor Retired
I think,if you want max protection, then the extension is the way to go. But I'd see about leaving the extension above and pull it down when needed. I wonder if a small string could work.

I can imagine a rock pinching the extension against the rim and then tugging on it and tearing it loose.

Now that would be extreme. BUT ... on my '72 FJ, I've dented and bent both drive shafts on rocks, put major dents in the skid plates (and you know how heavy those are), broken both front leaf springs, bent both the front bumper and rear bumperettes. And ripped the oil drain plug off the pan.

Ah, the folly of youth (and awesome memories!). =)
I think the string idea is a good one ... thanks. Yes the rocks they can be trouble. Sorry to say I can't use the "Ah, the folly of youth" one anymore...I'm 75 (although I do still ride my snowboard?).

"I've dented and bent both drive shafts on rocks, put major dents in the skid plates (and you know how heavy those are), broken both front leaf springs, bent both the front bumper and rear bumperettes. And ripped the oil drain plug off the pan."
Now have you ever considered the kinder gentler approach to the great outdoors? ? (Naa!)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I think the string idea is a good one ... thanks. Yes the rocks they can be trouble. Sorry to say I can't use the "Ah, the folly of youth" one anymore...I'm 75 (although I do still ride my snowboard?).

"I've dented and bent both drive shafts on rocks, put major dents in the skid plates (and you know how heavy those are), broken both front leaf springs, bent both the front bumper and rear bumperettes. And ripped the oil drain plug off the pan."
Now have you ever considered the kinder gentler approach to the great outdoors? ? (Naa!)
Dang, you make me look bad! Keep it up! =)

1666193169100.png

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
New license plate frame to replace the dealer installed frame.

1666206172166.jpeg