Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
8,156
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Lake Bois D Arc is so low that the boat ramps on the North side of the lake are closed.
20260922_142228.webp

Anybody else for more rain?
Happy and Safe Travels Drivers!
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
8,156
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
I took the Long way to Dads house this morning. I took Farm Market road 273 East all the way through Telephone to where the road t's into Farm Market road 100, which runs North and South. Then I headed South down FM 100 to get to Highway 82, however if you keep driving South on FM 100 it will take you all the way to Honey Grove, Tx. I would have taken pictures on this particular journey, unfortunately there isn't really any places on that hilly, curving, and winding two lane blacktop to pull off the side of the road to take pics. Y'all can probably Google it if you want to see it. That was the Fun part of this mornings drive.
Then I saw something on Highway 82 West just as I came through Bells that nobody wants to see, a two vehicle accident. Involving what looked to be a Mitzibitci 4wd SUV of some kind, that was rolled over on its passenger side in the ditch on the right side of the highway and an older model, looked to be 90s Toyota Corolla. By the looks of the front end of the Corolla, it looked like it rear ended the SUV. Both of the OPs were up and walking around, so that was good to see. Three Texas State Troopers and a local Fire Department truck were already on the scene, and an Ambulance was arriving when me and about 20 other drivers eased past the scene of the accident.
Stuff like that makes you think, we only have one life to live.
Everybody make it a Good one.
Happy and Safe Travels Drivers!
 
Last edited:

dano42

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Threads
25
Messages
214
Reaction score
731
Location
California Central Coast
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2024 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
Back to the front plate deal: in California, at least in the area where we live, I'll bet 30% of the cars aren't wearing front plates; I think the only time they will get you for it is if you get pulled over for something else, or if you are parked downtown and a meter reader comes by and notices it. I know people that have run for years without the front plate. I know you are supposed to have one, but they don't seem to be too concerned around here.
 

dozxab

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Sep 14, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
662
Reaction score
2,186
Location
Prescott AZ
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
Retired
We went to Canyon De Chelly from central AZ and the up to Moab Utah to see Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Great trip. Tested out the Mishimoto +2 quart pan as my usual driving is under 20 miles. Elevations from 3500 to over 7300 and out and back, speeds from 45 to 80+. Temps hung around 190 +/- 4 degrees 99% of the time.

Speedo.webp


Canyon De Chelly Naaki (13).webp


Arches National Park (27).webp


Arches National Park (18).webp


Arches National Park (21).webp


Arches National Park (35).webp


Canyonlands (29).webp


Canyonlands (9).webp


Canyonlands (13).webp


Canyonlands (10).webp


Arches National Park (45).webp
 


TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
8,156
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Had to go to the grocery store and get a few things...........that I forgot earlier in the week lol. Whoops.😁
20260927_124731.webp

Happy and Safe Travels Drivers!
 
Last edited:

GhostStrykre

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bee
Joined
Aug 20, 2020
Threads
23
Messages
532
Reaction score
2,002
Location
Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
IMG_2918.webp

Just returned from a near 1700 mile trip from Ohio up to Marquette, MI in the UP. Stopped in Petoskey and Traverse City while zipping through the tunnel of trees. Also stopped at Whitefish Point to check out the Great Lake Shipwreck Museum.

As the truck nears 100k miles, a few things are becoming evident:
- the driveshaft thunks more than ever. I used to think it was the transmission but it isn’t. It’s in the same gear. It thunks when letting off the throttle on slight inclines near 100% of the time. I’ve never lubricated the joint, probs time to do so.
- the stock FX4 suspension is cooked. Some of those rougher UP roads were just tossing the truck all over the place. Up and down bumps are fine, but when the truck starts getting tossed left and right it makes me uncomfortable. I need to address this ASAP.
- the transmission….. continues to behave. Sometimes it acts cranky (no bangs or slams), but by and large it’s getting the job done and getting me home.
- I posted in the “TO your Ranger” thread that I got that fuel system cleaning service done at my ford dealer. While I had a lot of highway miles, I also drove a bunch locally in Marquette. My typical average was 21.5 and now you’ll see I recorded over 23. I figure with my true driving style it’s probably 22.5 or so. I’ll take the improvement!
 

Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
552
Reaction score
2,991
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher
No pictures but I took the wife to see our daughter, son in-law and our first grandbaby! We have a grandson to show the ways of the Ranger!😁 We are actually going to watch him when my daughter goes back to work. Likely three days a week. The Ranger will be taking he and I on some great adventures when he's old enough. The woods will be calling for hunting, fly fishing, mountain biking, shooting, ATV rides and probably camping. My poor daughter had some issues getting pregnant and went through a pretty lengthy delivery. She is a stud! We did raise a tough girl and so glad we did. My son in-law is a great man and has been nothing short of amazing taking care of our daughter. We couldn't be more blessed. Here's to all you other grandparents!!

Forgot to add he was born yesterday morning 9/26 at 7:36 am.
 
Last edited:

tm1506

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Aug 10, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
204
Reaction score
1,182
Location
Central Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Outback XT
Occupation
Retired
No pictures but I took the wife to see our daughter, son in-law and our first grandbaby! We have a grandson to show the ways of the Ranger!😁 We are actually going to watch him when my daughter goes back to work. Likely three days a week. The Ranger will be taking he and I on some great adventures when he's old enough. The woods will be calling for hunting, fly fishing, mountain biking, shooting, ATV rides and probably camping. My poori daughter had some issues getting pregnant and went through a pretty lengthy delivery. She is a stud! We did raise a tough girl and so glad we did. My son in-law is a great man and has been nothing short of amazing taking care of our daughter. We couldn't be more blessed. Here's to all you other grandparents!!
You are so going to love being a grandparent! Your perspective is different than when you were the parent. Having the time to devote only to the little guy will give you a new sense of joy. Savor every moment! This is from a guy who has grandkids from 21 years old to a year and a half. One thing I did was to start a kind of journal with interactions I have with each of them from my perspective. Thought they might get a kick out of them when I'm no longer around.
 
Last edited:

Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
552
Reaction score
2,991
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher
You are so going to love being a grandparent! Your perspective is different than when you were the parent. Having the time to devote only to the little guy will give you a new sense of joy. Savor every moment! This is from a guy who has grandkids from 21 years old to a year and a half. One thing I did was to start a kind of journal with

You are so going to love being a grandparent! Your perspective is different than when you were the parent. Having the time to devote only to the little guy will give you a new sense of joy. Savor every moment! This is from a guy who has grandkids from 21 years old to a year and a half. One thing I did was to start a kind of journal with interactions I had with each of them from my perspective. Thought they might get a kick out of them when I'm no longer around.
Still doesn't seem real for whatever reason but we are excited and looking forward to it all. I've definitely had the "grandpa vibe" going on for quite a while! 😂
 

fjwlobo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Fred
Joined
Dec 4, 2020
Threads
2
Messages
299
Reaction score
1,159
Location
Brooklyn Park, Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
Still doesn't seem real for whatever reason but we are excited and looking forward to it all. I've definitely had the "grandpa vibe" going on for quite a while! 😂
The white 👨‍🦳 or no 👩‍🦲/ receding 👴 hairline and / or beard / gotee doesn't count 🤪

Congratulations 😃🫡
 

Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
552
Reaction score
2,991
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher
The white 👨‍🦳 or no 👩‍🦲/ receding 👴 hairline and / or beard / gotee doesn't count 🤪

Congratulations 😃🫡
Well, everything is going gray! Not all white but you know the type that gives you "character!" :LOL: I have been using the number 1 attachment on the hair clippers since my daughter was a baby so I am low speed and low drag! Used to be high speed but... oh, hell!! 😁 My vibe is more from within. Old soul and some days cantankerous!! :sunglasses:
 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
8,156
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Had to come home from Dads a litte earlier this afternoon and mow the parts of the yard that needed to be mowed. I don't like mowing btw, but it had to be done. We're suppose to have some rain coming in. You can see it building up in these pictures that I took at the house and the lake.
20260930_133032.webp

20260930_132929.webp

20260930_132844.webp

20260930_140025.webp

20260930_135947.webp

Hope to get some rain out of this.
Happy and Safe Travels Drivers!
 

dozxab

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Sep 14, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
662
Reaction score
2,186
Location
Prescott AZ
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
Retired
Drove to WV/PA border to camp at a place I wanted to see and caught a few small brook trout. This place did not disappoint!

IMG_6027.webp
IMG_6029.webp
IMG_6018.webp
IMG_5982.webp


IMG_6024.webp
NICE!
Sponsored

 
 








Top