Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi John,

I am about 30 minutes South of my closest HD.... Store seems okay for stocking items, but I Don't speaka Da Language, Spanish. I have to resort to finding the stuff I need on line and copying down the Aisle and Bay number... We always try to time HD trips to take in dinner at the adjacent Olive Garden where we know the staff well...

Best,
Phil
Sponsored

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Hi John,

I am about 30 minutes South of my closest HD.... Store seems okay for stocking items, but I Don't speaka Da Language, Spanish. I have to resort to finding the stuff I need on line and copying down the Aisle and Bay number... We always try to time HD trips to take in dinner at the adjacent Olive Garden where we know the staff well...

Best,
Phil
If you had a smart phone, it will show you the aisle and bay for whatever you're looking for. I found this out last year while looking for something and not finding any reliable assistance.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Hi John,

Best,
Phil
Very disappointing, Amigo...move to the Southwest and no habla Español! How do you even communicate with Tito? Heck, you have to learn it here in PA just to get around in Allentown's Home Depot...But then again coming from Dearborn, you probably frequented Sheebas, and must be fluent in Arabic! There are so many Rangers on here from AZ, etc. it makes me feel left out not moving out there when I retired!:sunglasses:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you had a smart phone, it will show you the aisle and bay for whatever you're looking for. I found this out last year while looking for something and not finding any reliable assistance.
I think the Samsung Galaxy S10+ qualifies as a smart phone....I use a shopping list app. Sort of pre programed to just go get the stuff and be out of there...old age anxiety I guess.

Best,
Phil

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Very disappointing, Amigo...move to the Southwest and no habla Español! How do you even communicate with Tito? Heck, you have to learn it here in PA just to get around in Allentown's Home Depot...But then again coming from Dearborn, you probably frequented Sheebas, and must be fluent in Arabic! There are so many Rangers on here from AZ, etc. it makes me feel left out not moving out there when I retired!:sunglasses:
We have room. Load 'em up and head on out.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I think the Samsung Galaxy S10+ qualifies as a smart phone....I use a shopping list app. Sort of pre programed to just go get the stuff and be out of there...old age anxiety I guess.

Best,
Phil
I don't like to shop.
I like to know what I'm going in for, find it, pay for it, and come home with it.
I don't linger in any store I go to. Although I could spend an extra minute or three in HD or my local gunstores if pressed ;)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I used my pickup to make a pickup.

My wife saw that someone in a Facebook group was giving away a wrought iron door, for free, and she asked me if I could use it for something. I took one look and said tell them I’ll be there in five minutes!

This treasure was soon in the back of the Ranger and on its way home to my place…

C139623E-A38C-48CD-B19C-65C7D667B98D.jpeg

Gee, do you think I might be able to refurbish it and use it somewhere at my place?

2F00DF59-2C57-4070-9A62-473A11623FA0.jpeg

I just hope I do as slick of a job as @Glocker did above! I must say, JohnCanBuildit ?

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Helped my bud move 5 fermenting tanks from his brewery to the brewpub. We rented several trailers from U-Haul. Tanks weigh 2500 lb each. Trailer probably 1000 lb. The Ranger didn't even know it was back there.

Ranger_Tank_1.jpg

Ranger_Tank_2.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Helped my bud move 5 fermenting tanks from his brewery to the brewpub. We rented several trailers from U-Haul. Tanks weigh 2500 lb each. Trailer probably 1000 lb. The Ranger didn't even know it was back there.

Ranger_Tank_1.jpg

Ranger_Tank_2.jpg
I would have loved to have been there to see the look on your face when your bud asked, “I need some help moving some large tanks - do you think your truck can handle it?”

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Semi-finished product.
0BA1A9D1-1F43-4125-8C96-0C7E07D5B2B9.jpeg

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Hi John,

Best,
Phil
Try the one at Broadway and Pantano (store #410). Most emplyees there speak English, and its slightly easier getting in and out than at Irvington.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Tell your bud I’m stealing that idea for the barrel stave bar front. Looks great.
Thank you. Made from barrels that were left in the brewery by the previous owner. Cost: $0.00.
Full Pint Beer, Pittsburgh, PA.

Last edited:

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
I would have loved to have been there to see the look on your face when your bud asked, “I need some help moving some large tanks - do you think your truck can handle it?”
Actually I figured we could put it in the bed until he told me how much they weigh. My bud brought one over earlier in his F-350 SCab shortbed. I was like, your truck has a 6.5" bed and mine is 6" so I should be okay. He said they weigh 2500 lb. Ranger payload is 1700 lb. Nevermind, I'll get a trailer.
Sponsored