First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I put my bug guard and tow hook on (2wd). I only did one because the ford performance ones do not come with bolts. I managed to find two in my garage. I have to go to Lowes tomorrow to get two more.
IMG_6650.JPG
I don't know for sure, but you might want to check on what grade bolts you need. If you plan on using those, you wouldn't want a bolt to snap when it matters.
Sponsored

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I had grade 8 bolts. I will buy two more tomorrow.
From what little I know grade 8 seems to be the right ones. I only replied in case someone reads this someday and wonders if those were correct or not.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is perfect, too many people think 8.8 is better than 8.
Hi Rich,

This is somewhat controversial but with SAE hardware...if the joint is in shear, then Grade 5 is better and if in clamp, then grade 8 is better. I think the tow hooks are grade 10.9 as I recall when I pulled them off to install my Roadmaster base plates.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hi Rich,

This is somewhat controversial but with SAE hardware...if the joint is in shear, then Grade 5 is better and if in clamp, then grade 8 is better. I think the tow hooks are grade 10.9 as I recall when I pulled them off to install my Roadmaster base plates.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I am so grateful that you're on this site and read these threads. Thanks Phil. If you come to Maine I'll buy you a beer/coffee/whiskey.

Dave1899

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Retired Living the Life
It's horrible. Cleaning the pool filter right now is like making yellow milk..
Hopefully we only have a couple more weeks of dusting. My California Duster has been getting a workout this year.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
When we got up this morning, my wife looked out the window and said "Hey, there's a red truck in the driveway!" I ran to look and it was mine... I forgot, I picked up some patio furniture at the store yesterday, It was in a big, heavy box (don't know how they fit all those pieces in one box in China), so I had taken off the Gator bed cover and staged it in the garage for assembly today. This is the first time I left the hot pepper red parked outside overnight. After dinner last night, my wife asked if it would be ok outside overnight, haha. I said sure, it was a truck (though a spoiled truck, and I knew it wasn't going to rain:like:). Maybe I'll leave it out overnight again, so the neighbors can enjoy it more...such a shame to hide it in the garage all the time. My dad used to irritate me when he called my old Rangers "hanger queens" :mad:... I hauled a lot of stuff with them ('89-'93-'04).

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Luckily our pool is still closed, and the hot tub has a cover. Plus, no pollen in New England yet.
Luckily the pool is never closed down here and I don't own a snow shovel, ice scraper, or a snow brush. I'll take 6 weeks of pollen, love bugs, and hot ass summers. :rockon: NH is beautiful though.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Dropped it off at the local dealer to have the rear shock replaced under warranty (hopefully). The tech said it should be covered as long as it's a fairly large leak. I told him the pictures I took and the puddle it left behind should suffice. However, he wouldn't commit until he had a chance to look at it personally. If it's not covered, I'll be picking up some fox 2.0's. I might just do that even if it is covered.
Sponsored