Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

seasprite

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2022
Threads
26
Messages
486
Reaction score
1,191
Location
Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL STX
Thanks guys! This was my first vehicle purchase and I've really had a lot of fun with it. Crazy to see how far it's come in since last year! I can still remember the day I bought it when my salesman fell asleep in front of me(literally). The feeling of driving it home the first time was something else.
1000001584.webp
1000001586.webp


I really dig the color :like:
Sponsored

 

dozxab

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Sep 14, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
660
Reaction score
2,172
Location
Prescott AZ
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
Retired
Decided to be proactive and swapped the rubber hose by the fan. The oem hose looked great FWIW.
Looks great! What size hose is it? I may do the same.
 

Stevedbvik1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Oct 4, 2021
Threads
38
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
8,641
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Decided to be proactive and swapped the rubber hose by the fan. The oem hose looked great FWIW.

IMG_4317.webp


IMG_4314.webp


IMG_4313.webp
What’s the hose look like inside by the clamp areas. Any signs of starting to crack?
 


Stevedbvik1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Oct 4, 2021
Threads
38
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
8,641
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Also did some maintenance on the truck today. I installed new rain-x wipers and cleaned/oiled my air filter. I think i was a little past due…

IMG_4315.webp


IMG_4318.webp
This triggers pre retirement employment flashbacks. “ a little past due “ oiled air filter. Great for turbo business though. Not jumping on you but that phrase was uttered many a time by customers with gummed up compressor wheels.
 

Dr3wDrop

Well-Known Member
First Name
Andrew
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
40
Messages
1,274
Reaction score
2,376
Location
OHIO
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
This triggers pre retirement employment flashbacks. “ a little past due “ oiled air filter. Great for turbo business though. Not jumping on you but that phrase was uttered many a time by customers with gummed up compressor wheels.
It would be nice if the AFE intake had a window to see the filter condition. I would have noticed it needed cleaned a little sooner. But i am still within the range of the manufacture cleaning specs based on mileage.
 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,701
Reaction score
8,104
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Stopped by the car wash and rinced it off on the way to Dads house.
20260926_115243.webp

Happy and Safe Travels Drivers!
 

TJC

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Threads
47
Messages
4,150
Reaction score
10,621
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I did an upgrade to the place where I maintain and upgrade my Ranger. Took the Saturday to insulate my garage door. It faces the afternoon summer sun from noon until dusk, making it unbearable. I should have done it 18 years ago when I had it built. A year or so earlier I had to replace the garage door header. The jokers didn't adequately water proof it. The failed to Tyvek wrap the header and hid the error behind the siding. Found the aluminum covering on the header holding water which rotted it. Big job.

Anyway here's the door all completed. Now back to the transmission cooling project.

Garage Door Insulation Project.webp
 
Last edited:

Bsenecal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
656
Reaction score
1,898
Location
Milton Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
I did an upgrade to the place where I maintain and upgrade my Ranger. Took the Saturday to insulate my garage door. It faces the afternoon summer sun from noon until dusk, making it unbearable. I should have done it 18 years ago when I had it built. A year or so earlier I had to replace the garage door header. The jokers didn't adequately water proof it. The failed to Tyvek wrap the header and hid the error behind the siding. Found the aluminum covering on the header holding water which rotted it. Big job.

Anyway here's the door all completed. Now back to the transmission cooling project.

Garage Door Insulation Project.webp
Very nice! I hats that little black car we see ?
Brian
 

dozxab

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Sep 14, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
660
Reaction score
2,172
Location
Prescott AZ
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
Retired
We took that route on our trip back in 2022 and I had done the same prep as you. Having driven that area before your SOL if you're depending on cell service and people are hauling on the strip so good luck hoping someone will stop. It's such a highly traveled road and you'd think by now they'd have put a couple towers out there. There's no way I'll travel that strip at night now.
We just got back from another trip out there and we had good Verizon service except on one remote road that GPS sent us on. They must have added quite a few towers in the last year and a half.
Sponsored

 
 








Top