Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

BigRedDog

Member
First Name
Cam
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
16
Reaction score
109
Location
STL
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
CPA
Story is (mostly) complete. Got the wheels mounted - happy with the new look and stance:

1708206721055.webp


Ordered some black lugs from Stage3 that'll I'll swap the chrome ones out for. Now I just need to figure out a black center cap to purchase.
Sponsored

 

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,856
Reaction score
13,271
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
Story is (mostly) complete. Got the wheels mounted - happy with the new look and stance:

1708206721055.png


Ordered some black lugs from Stage3 that'll I'll swap the chrome ones out for. Now I just need to figure out a black center cap to purchase.
Looks good! Do you know the offset of the Bronco wheels?
 

BigRedDog

Member
First Name
Cam
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
16
Reaction score
109
Location
STL
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
CPA
Looks good! Do you know the offset of the Bronco wheels?
Based on limited research on the Bronco6G forums I believe it's the same exact offset as the stock ranger wheels (+55). I can tell you that after mounting the wheels I would believe that. Since it was the same diameter width tire (265) the tire looks to be in the same spot as the stock wheels/tires.
 

VoodooRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joel
Joined
May 6, 2020
Threads
10
Messages
494
Reaction score
2,366
Location
Miami, Florida
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Installed the Lensun Hood Solar Panel and charge controller. I plugged the solar panel into my Bluetti power bank the other day and was able to pull in 30w from the setting sun on a 45w panel. Now that was with me holding the panel towards the sun. Placed on the hood I was generating less than 8w, but like I mentioned the sun was setting.

IMG_6524.webp


IMG_6676.jpeg


IMG_6674.jpeg


IMG_6675.jpeg
 

GhostStrykre

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bee
Joined
Aug 20, 2020
Threads
23
Messages
532
Reaction score
2,001
Location
Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
IMG_8014.jpeg


not as flashy as some awesome other stuff on this thread, but I got the Ford Accessory trailer brake controller installed.

The dealership installed it, and I paid for the labor on Ford’s accessory website with a 20% discount. I think the labor was capped at $250. Honestly ended up being a steal because the tech wired it backwards on the first try (dealer had never installed this before). So my brake lights were always on and they turned off when pressing the brake lol. So they figured out the problem and fixed it.

I’m glad I didn’t install this. The process sounded like a huge pain.
 


BigRedDog

Member
First Name
Cam
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
16
Reaction score
109
Location
STL
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
CPA
not as flashy as some awesome other stuff on this thread, but I got the Ford Accessory trailer brake controller installed.

The dealership installed it, and I paid for the labor on Ford’s accessory website with a 20% discount. I think the labor was capped at $250. Honestly ended up being a steal because the tech wired it backwards on the first try (dealer had never installed this before). So my brake lights were always on and they turned off when pressing the brake lol. So they figured out the problem and fixed it.

I’m glad I didn’t install this. The process sounded like a huge pain.
I'm with you here - had the ford dealer install mine as well. I generally like to DIY but for a couple hundred bucks of labor I gladly let them mess with it. Plus the install was likely cleaner than I would be able to muster :crackup:
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
IMG_8014.jpeg


not as flashy as some awesome other stuff on this thread, but I got the Ford Accessory trailer brake controller installed.

The dealership installed it, and I paid for the labor on Ford’s accessory website with a 20% discount. I think the labor was capped at $250. Honestly ended up being a steal because the tech wired it backwards on the first try (dealer had never installed this before). So my brake lights were always on and they turned off when pressing the brake lol. So they figured out the problem and fixed it.

I’m glad I didn’t install this. The process sounded like a huge pain.
Did they wire in the emergency braking?
 

GhostStrykre

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bee
Joined
Aug 20, 2020
Threads
23
Messages
532
Reaction score
2,001
Location
Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I'm with you here - had the ford dealer install mine as well. I generally like to DIY but for a couple hundred bucks of labor I gladly let them mess with it. Plus the install was likely cleaner than I would be able to muster :crackup:
Exactly my thinking as well!

Did they wire in the emergency braking?
Good question. I didn’t ask, I just assumed they did. That’s the whole reason to go with Ford’s kit and it’s advertised that way in the product description. Your question makes me nervous that I didn’t ask hahaha
 

Granger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2020
Threads
6
Messages
101
Reaction score
261
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
IMG_8014.jpeg


not as flashy as some awesome other stuff on this thread, but I got the Ford Accessory trailer brake controller installed.

The dealership installed it, and I paid for the labor on Ford’s accessory website with a 20% discount. I think the labor was capped at $250. Honestly ended up being a steal because the tech wired it backwards on the first try (dealer had never installed this before). So my brake lights were always on and they turned off when pressing the brake lol. So they figured out the problem and fixed it.

I’m glad I didn’t install this. The process sounded like a huge pain.
I'm going the same route. Ordered on Friday.
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
Exactly my thinking as well!



Good question. I didn’t ask, I just assumed they did. That’s the whole reason to go with Ford’s kit and it’s advertised that way in the product description. Your question makes me nervous that I didn’t ask hahaha
Might be a good thing to verify... As that would be just about the only reason to have someone else do it...
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Story is (mostly) complete. Got the wheels mounted - happy with the new look and stance:

1708206721055.png


Ordered some black lugs from Stage3 that'll I'll swap the chrome ones out for. Now I just need to figure out a black center cap to purchase.
The bronco bead lock capable wheels I have and will be using the ranger center cap fits well

IMG_0008.jpeg
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Sorry for not posting as often I am only able to go work on my truck weekends only due to going through a divorce. Anyway here’s and update as minimal as it may be. Neighbor milled the Escalade rotors for me. Caliper between bronco 17” bead lock capable wheel has roughly about 3/8th of space between wheel and rotor. Been cutting up some brackets and other small items. King shocks should be arriving sometime next week. O last pick was taken by black hat studios Evan walsh from Terra crew. this was one of the last pix before the accident.

IMG_0541.webp


IMG_0540.jpeg


IMG_0534.webp


IMG_0533.webp


IMG_0532.webp


IMG_0531.webp


IMG_0212.webp


IMG_0213.webp


IMG_0366.webp
 

pbethel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Patrick
Joined
Aug 9, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
836
Reaction score
2,097
Location
kingman az
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
IMG_8014.jpeg


not as flashy as some awesome other stuff on this thread, but I got the Ford Accessory trailer brake controller installed.

The dealership installed it, and I paid for the labor on Ford’s accessory website with a 20% discount. I think the labor was capped at $250. Honestly ended up being a steal because the tech wired it backwards on the first try (dealer had never installed this before). So my brake lights were always on and they turned off when pressing the brake lol. So they figured out the problem and fixed it.

I’m glad I didn’t install this. The process sounded like a huge pain.
Is it just me or does it look like they installed the control blindfolded?
 

GhostStrykre

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bee
Joined
Aug 20, 2020
Threads
23
Messages
532
Reaction score
2,001
Location
Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Is it just me or does it look like they installed the control blindfolded?
Yeah I asked them to put it in a different spot in the cab. They went for the easier to access spot (from a wiring perspective) that visually isn’t all that appealing. It’s down and out of the way by my left knee tho, so overall it’s very functional. Ah well.
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
Yeah I asked them to put it in a different spot in the cab. They went for the easier to access spot (from a wiring perspective) that visually isn’t all that appealing. It’s down and out of the way by my left knee tho, so overall it’s very functional. Ah well.
That's a bummer.

When I installed mine by the 4wd selector it was a pain in the dick to get it right. I had to chop away a bunch of lattice support material below the control knob to make it sit flush.

If I did it again, I would just remove the entire center console top trim from the truck and do it on a work bench...

Also, it doesn't matter as long as you're happy with it. :)
Sponsored

 
 








Top