Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
Swapped the fluid in the front and rear differentials, the transfer case, changed the gasket/filter/fluid in the transmission, and the air filter.

I've been running the air filter for about 20k miles and it was absolutely filthy. I'm betting that's why my fuel economy has been dropping. This is a couple smacks on the ground.
IMG_2377.JPEG

The rear differential fluid was quite dark.
IMG_2378.jpg

The transfer case fluid was... okay... but worth swapping out. I made a huge mess with the transfer case. It shot fluid much farther than I expected and missed the catch can. Luckily, I had this tray down. Most of it was caught by the tray.
IMG_2379.JPEG

The transmission fluid was dirty but stisll had a reddish hue, so... I'm glad I changed it out, but it probably wasn't necessary.

I have decided to stick to a 30k fluid swap for everything but engine oil.
Wow, your old Transfer case fluid looked much better than mine. Do you notice a difference in torque when you're in 4H & 4L? Mine just about doubled after the fluid change, I couldn't believe it.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, your old Transfer case fluid looked much better than mine. Do you notice a difference in torque when you're in 4H & 4L? Mine just about doubled after the fluid change, I couldn't believe it.
It definitely punches more when I put it in low gear and then drive.

Reactions: Doc

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Do they sell these in XXL size? Also do you think it can be attached to a hood as an old school ornament?

Asking for a friend...
lol they sure do sell life size ones with additional features. It does come with an adhesive tape. I got it off amazon.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
It definitely punches more when I put it in low gear and then drive.
Regarding my transfer case fluid change......before the change I still had to put my foot on the gas to get the truck to move in 4L. After the fluid change, I take my foot off the brake and it begins pulling itself and will do so on level ground for as long as I let it go, and I really have to apply the brake hard to get it to stop. Startled the daylights out of me as I backed it out of my garage the day I changed the fluid. I can't believe the difference.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
More carnage. Only the silver on the doors needs to be done. I am going to buy an overlay for the steering wheel cause it is just a PITA to get that silver trim piece off. You have to remove the whole damn wheel. Good job on that design Ford...

Edit: overlay for shift knob too

IMG_20230412_120557.jpg

IMG_20230412_120651.jpg

IMG_20230412_120641.jpg

Most of travel now a days I have my old lady in the navigator seat, so I just shifted all my aux controls to be passenger orientated. However I can easily stick my arm out and manipulate them as needed. My most used forward lighting are trigger wired to the high-beams.

Before the doomers speak up, the airbag does not interact with your middle accent piece. There is a nice hollow cavity between the dash and accent piece to easily run the wiring.

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
picked up the 5g from mechanic shop. washed it and cleaned up the inside. parked it in garage. got back in the 4g. the 5g is improved but still not "fixed" or how it should be. new center support bearing helped a bit and adjusting pinon helped some. The angles are now better / closer to ford spec than the truck came to me stock... still has the issue lol. the mechanic is an ASE master and friend of the family I grew up with so I know its not an issue on that end. He flat told me he didnt know what to try next to fix the issue as everything was in spec and all the possible parts that he could think of related to it are new. so I guess I just get used to it. transmission is still Karen. maybe when it goes poof a dealer will be forced to fix it. ?

Last edited:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
picked up the 5g from mechanic shop. washed it and cleaned up the inside. parked it in garage. got back in the 4g. the 5g is improved but still not "fixed" or how it should be. new center support bearing helped a bit and adjusting pinon helped some. The angles are now better / closer to ford spec than the truck came to me stock... still has the issue lol. the mechanic is an ASE master and friend of the family I grew up with so I know its not an issue on that end. He flat told me he didnt know what to try next to fix the issue as everything was in spec and all the possible parts that he could think of related to it are new. so I guess I just get used to it. transmission is still Karen. maybe when it goes poof a dealer will be forced to fix it. ?
Ugh. I hate this for you. I hate to ask, but what were the symptoms again? You've been dealing with this for so long that I forget!

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Ugh. I hate this for you. I hate to ask, but what were the symptoms again? You've been dealing with this for so long that I forget!
no worries john. transmission issues harsh, delayed shifts, slipping, gear hunting, and slow speed vibration from take off to about 15 mph. my mechanic ( not ford dealer or alignment shops or driveshaft shop ) said its safe, drive it till something breaks so it will force warranty repair.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
no worries john. transmission issues harsh, delayed shifts, slipping, gear hunting, and slow speed vibration from take off to about 15 mph. my mechanic ( not ford dealer or alignment shops or driveshaft shop ) said its safe, drive it till something breaks so it will force warranty repair.
Makes me wonder if you should be a little tough on it to hurry that process along!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Makes me wonder if you should be a little tough on it to hurry that process along!
I see you too subscribe to the same, "This patrol car is over 100,000 miles we need to convince them its time for a replacement" program.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Got the second SwingCase today and just installed it. Luckily, but not surprisingly, it's keyed the same.

I took the day off because it's a fantastic day, warm and sunny, but my fat ass is shot from crawling on my knees (even with the BedRug) so my original plan of a Soupie detail and graphene is out the window

Instead, I'm sitting in the shade snacking and supervising Cheech's barking. Not a bad life for this simple guy - me! =)

I hope all of you get a chance for some personal time this weekend, doing whatever the heck brings you a smile.

Life's good and I'm indebted to all active service members, our incredible vets, and all those who serve us. Life's really good when we can argue about dampers - thank you.

IMG_20230414_114416706.jpg

IMG_20230414_125617052_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230414_131503815.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see you too subscribe to the same, "This patrol car is over 100,000 miles we need to convince them its time for a replacement" program.
? ? ?
This is exactly what I was thinking about!
My Dodge Charger had the dreaded cam skip, and I had metal circulated through the motor. The head of fleet told me it was terminal, and the sooner it blew up, the sooner they would put a new motor in for me.

I was pretty damn hard on that car, and it eventually dropped a cylinder but wouldn't blow the motor! ? And I kept trying!

They finally realized it was running on 7 cylinders and told me to down the car. LOL
Sponsored