What did you do to your Ranger today?

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Finished sound deadening the doors and the back panel (thanks to Porpoise Hork for answering some of my questions). Haven't taken it on the highway yet to find out how much difference noise wise it has made (didn't find my XLT to be that noisy to begin with). The biggest difference to me is how solid the doors sound now...no more tinny sound.

On a side note, if you disconnect the window control wire on the driver's side and you have the auto up/down feature you may have to reset it (the owner's manual details the procedure).
Sponsored

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Finished sound deadening the doors and the back panel (thanks to Porpoise Hork for answering some of my questions). Haven't taken it on the highway yet to find out how much difference noise wise it has made (didn't find my XLT to be that noisy to begin with). The biggest difference to me is how solid the doors sound now...no more tinny sound.

On a side note, if you disconnect the window control wire on the driver's side and you have the auto up/down feature you may have to reset it (the owner's manual details the procedure).
Nice! Was considering this myself. What product did you use? Figure it’s similar stuff to what audio shops use, the sticky roll on stuff.

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Treksteps. Not difficult, but without a lift you better be a contortionist. Next time I'm in the shop I'll ask my guy to tighten and adjust it, but it's fine for now. I'm impressed by how easy it retracts. Just a little push with your toe and it pops right up.

step1.jpg
step2.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I started getting the Ranger ready for being towed behind the Motorhome. I secured the 22" rim size motor home tire as an emergency spare in the pick up box. Will hook up the tow brackets and get the wiring out of stowage in the next few days. The Ranger is quite excited to be going to Flagstaff if and when we can get a RV spot if at all. At lease the Ranger will be ready to go.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Today I put my Bug shield on.....weather tech..very nice

PXL_20210522_222319456.jpg
Ive seen a lot of these posted and that one looks the best by far. It contours really well to the truck and doesn’t look like it’s just hanging there out of place.

Reactions: Doc

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
I’m not posting for likes, but I made this thread which I believe will give some insights on things I wish I knew or read ahead. I’m only advertising technical information I found through experimenting.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/vibe-powerpack-phoenix-gold-sx65cs.13373/

Also, there are amazing threads and posts in that section from many better builds than my own. Go check it out!