What did you do to your Ranger today?

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
Got the window tint done today. Ended up going with all Llumar with Air80 on the windshield, IRX15 on the fronts, and IRX30 on the rears due to the rear windows being tinted already. Pretty happy with how it came out!

IMG_8561.JPG

IMG_8562.JPG
I got llumar tint done as well, extremely happy with it! Looks awesome on yours.
Sponsored

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Installed the stage 3 raptor style lights in the grill. Kept the Lariat grill (I like it) and went with the 4 white lights.

I really need to stay off this forum.
Hi there..any chance you could share a pic and link to what/how you installed as this is exactly what I was thinking of doing as well? Cheers!

Ps. I know EXACTLY what you mean about this forum! LOL

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
How is the ride with the new shocks? You going to do the fronts too?
Do you think the rear sway bare is worth it?

Ive been thinking of doing 4 shocks and the stabilizer bar.
So, I had a chance to do some city, highway and just cruising and I can tell you that the ride "seems" smoother and more controlled - as in less side-to-side sway - going over bumps at city speeds. I think one commenter had mentioned rocking like a boat before installing better rears.

I agree. Adding the sway bar firmed up the steering/drivability greatly (for me) and adding the rear shocks pulled it all together and I "feel" like I have a sports truck now with the Livernois tune + suspension changes.

As far as the fronts go, I'll have to see longer term. Right now, it seems fine, but like the weather...

There's a thread on the sway bar and I'll get the link and post back here. This is it Hellwig @P. A. Schilke has a few goodly comments in there also (like he does elsewhere).

After doing these mods, I can see the benefit of the Old Man EMU setup as an alternative, but that is all just my opinion and your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So, I had a chance to do some city, highway and just cruising and I can tell you that the ride "seems" smoother and more controlled - as in less side-to-side sway - going over bumps at city speeds. I think one commenter had mentioned rocking like a boat before installing better rears.

I agree. Adding the sway bar firm up the steering/drivability greatly (for me) and adding the rear shock pulled it all together and I "feel" like I have a sports truck now with the Livernois tune + suspension changes.

As far as the fronts go, I'll have to see longer term. Right now, seems fine.

There's a thread on the sway bar and I'll get the link and post back here. This is it Hellwig @P. A. Schilke has a few goodly comments in there also (like he does elsewhere).

After doing these mods, I can see the benefit of the Old Man EMU setup as an alternative, but that is all just my opinion and your mileage may vary.
Let me get this straight. You took off 4 perfectly good shocks and re-dampered them with new ones but you won't spend $40.00 on a tailgate damper? :facepalm:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Let me get this straight. You took off 4 perfectly good shocks and re-dampered them with new ones but you won't spend $40.00 on a tailgate damper? :facepalm:
1600196802546.png

Nope!, just changed the perfectly good rears and made them better and then spent the $40 (damper) + on a Midland Micro GMRS radio, which will be here in the mail today ? and then I'll find whatever else I think I need and by then, I should be older and more infirm and needing a tailgate damper/escalator/self loader... AND maybe the gov't will be handing out money for people like me who need a damper LOL!!:crackup: Although...the HP increase has me thinking...

AdamRadam

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Ooooff ???
I was seriously considering these. I have taken the stock fx4 on some pretty nice trails in Colorado and wondering what you felt about them in a real world experience. DId you do UCA's as well?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Installed Tailgate Lock for piece of mind while I'm hiking and parked at remote trailhead locations.

Easy install. One person, 5-minutes.

Purchased from @LevittownFordParts.com

Thanks, Benny !

Image 1073.png

Image 1083.png

Image 1082.png

Image 1087.png
That reminds me, I need to install mine. Been sitting on the counter next to me staring sadly at me for like 3 months now...

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I was seriously considering these. I have taken the stock fx4 on some pretty nice trails in Colorado and wondering what you felt about them in a real world experience. DId you do UCA's as well?
Is this question to me or the member who installed the King’s?

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I didn't really do anything, but my wallet did last night. Ordered snow tires and steel rims.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't really do anything, but my wallet did last night. Ordered snow tires and steel rims.
Hi Derek,

I hate when this happens! :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
4th oil change at 28,924 miles. Mobil 1 full synthetic oil and m1-102a filter used. Trip B, which I reset when I reset the oil life monitor showed that over 9291 miles I averaged 20.0 mpg according to the truck computer. The oil life monitor said I had 7 or 8% life remaining.

Drop of 1.4 mpg from the last oil change was noted and expected having changed tires 5500-6000 miles ago to a size up (265/70r17) weighing in at 54 lb's a piece.

Got my tires rotated and balanced as well. Trying to get it prepared for a nice drive out to Maryland in a few weeks :)
Sponsored