First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I was thinking how I really don’t use my truck like I used to and how much nicer the rear seats in my 2019 SuperCab are than the ones in my ‘01. So, I reversed out my rear seat delete and went from this…

A9D62DE1-6640-479B-B3C8-DE5468D7E93F.jpeg

to this…

078B33DA-6172-4698-9966-28A73BD1A9DA.jpeg

I don’t foresee any passengers back there anytime soon but I thought it would be a nice change. I also have the folding headrests and that should be reason enough on its own. :D

Then I went crazy with the vacuum and the 303 Protectant.

I guess I should have posted this as a new thread in the Interior Mods section titled “Rear Seat Delete Delete”.

Bonus photo for @D Fresh , @RANGER PRIDE , and @Grumpaw because pics or it never happened, right? ?

AC85E620-FB7F-4C08-BBBF-A8335B5E9084.jpeg
Did you retire or just taking a break for the summer?

Or perhaps the tool collection grew to the point it needed a trailer?
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Did you retire or just taking a break for the summer?

Or perhaps the tool collection grew to the point it needed a trailer?
The tool collection is WAY out of control for sure and taking a break for the summer is part of it but I have two mis-matched careers running at the same time. Lately, I’ve been doing more work as a Corporate Communications Consultant than as a Renovation Contractor - I know…… those are not two skill sets that you see combined.

When I’m not crazy busy with one, I’m crazy busy with the other. There is no shortage of work for skilled tradesmen and the big banks here in Toronto also need folks who can form a complete sentence or write speeches for their executives.

I’ll be taking a six-week break from it all at the end of August. Ahhhhhhhh, just me, my bride, and the lake.

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
The tool collection is WAY out of control for sure and taking a break for the summer is part of it but I have two mis-matched careers running at the same time. Lately, I’ve been doing more work as a Corporate Communications Consultant than as a Renovation Contractor - I know…… those are not two skill sets that you see combined.

When I’m not crazy busy with one, I’m crazy busy with the other. Their is no shortage of work for skilled tradesmen and the big banks here in Toronto also need folks who can form a complete sentence or write speeches for their executives.

I’ll be taking a six-week break from it all at the end of August. Ahhhhhhhh, just me, my bride, and the lake.
Sounds like that break will be WELL deserved!

Communications consultant you say? The company I work for could use one of those. Doubt they could/would swing your fees though.

Truck is looking real good. Those seats look brand new!

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like that break will be WELL deserved!

Communications consultant you say? The company I work for could use one of those. Doubt they could/qould swing your fees though.

Truck is looking real good. Those seats look brand new!
EVERY company can use one. I think we witnessed a recent example of how badly some companies need one. :D

Thanks Doug - those seats look brand new because I did the rear seat delete within days of buying my Ranger - they’ve been sitting up in the rafters of the garage in Rubbermaid totes all this time. They’re not as comfortable as they look but the fit and finish is good for what they are - they really dress up the back of a Scab.

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
We went to Lexie's by the Bay - a hamburger joint in a marina. They were voted the best burger in New Hampshire. Not sure that means anything but it was a beautiful hot day to sit on the bay.

crazy-cheech.jpg

Fresh hot dog at Lexie's.=p

natalie-winslow.jpg

Short ride back to their car for my daughter and grandson. Remember the good old days when we could ride in the back and even sit on the open tailgate going 30! Way before the fun police and even more way before any power gates or dampers!

lexies.jpg

Not my pic (no drone) but Lexie's is on The Great Bay which feeds into the Piscataqua River (one of the world's fastest flowing rivers and home to the Portsmouth Naval Yard for nuclear sub repair, and also the home of John Paul Jones who was given command of the USS Ranger on the same day that our Stars and Stripes was adopted!).

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I started working on a new mount for my Auxbeam control box. I will also have extra space to connect additional components to the plate. I need more 8 gauge wire, so this was the stopping point. I will be able to clean up the wiring and make my install clean and its been giving me anxiety for awhile.

Before anyone asks; yes, those are OSHA approved safety slippers.

B1adYJDJ4TJWyhyt8U2z1DWw=w1667-h1250-no?authuser=0.jpg

T4tnmAumtUaCTof1IDgUE-0Kw=w938-h1250-no?authuser=0.jpg

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I started working on a new mount for my Auxbeam control box. I will also have extra space to connect additional components to the plate. I need more 8 gauge wire, so this was the stopping point. I will be able to clean up the wiring and make my install clean and its been giving me anxiety for awhile.

Before anyone asks; yes, those are OSHA approved safety slippers.

B1adYJDJ4TJWyhyt8U2z1DWw=w1667-h1250-no?authuser=0.jpg

T4tnmAumtUaCTof1IDgUE-0Kw=w938-h1250-no?authuser=0.jpg
Haha we should start a new “ Pics of you in slippers next to your Ranger” thread
B5EEEAF4-05ED-4663-BFF5-95216E28AEBA.jpeg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
So.....I am jealous.

YOURS apparently came with the pivot lock. MINE did not...not the first one, nor the 2nd one that was ordered to replace it. Parts guys don't want to help because....they just didn't want to.
I reached out to Truck Hero myself to ask aboout the pivot lock and they're gonna send me one as soon as I can tell them the key code on top of the box. THANKS to Truck Hero for stepping up.

However--on my box instructions parts list no pivot lock was mentioned as being included. But on page 5 of the instructions they clearly reference the "included pivot lock". Somebody somewhere has jacked this all up.

On a related note, the parts guy told me that NONE of the F-150 boxes come with pivot locks and they've known that for a while now. How does this not make that box nearly useless when you can walk right up to it and lift it out? (assuming, of course, your arms have not atrophied from having a you-know-what installed on the tailgate).

Sheesh.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
State inspection time (window stickah!)
Passed with flying colors

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
The pivot lock is not on my instructions parts list but it came with.
I feel it easily breakable.
I'll keep that in mind, and thanks much!
Sponsored