What did you do to your Ranger today?

Harley_Mane

First Name
Diamante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Today, I finally installed the AFE bladerunner pipes and front lower seat covers. I already have a 3 inch exhaust with a straight through design Magnaflow muffler installed. These two performance mods went a long way. I believe that overall, it definitely runs better, and hopefully more efficiently. Another member had pointed out the small reducer that is part of our original mufflers that could possibly choke down the motor. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed how when you take your foot off of the gas pedal, the truck seemed to slow itself down fairly quickly. The exhaust seemed to get rid of that. Could just be in my head. The lower seat covers really shocked me how well they fit and stay in place. As you can see on the other seat, I would use a towel before. They were a good amazon find.

Snapchat-1446830098.jpg

20200430_204333.jpg

20200430_204207.jpg
Sponsored

Deltasix109

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
That looks great1 I will be having mine done too. What did you, or Linex, do about the tie down brackets before coating? Leave in place and coat them too, remove and plug screw holes , spray over the open holes? How about the oval rubber snap in plugs in the bed walls? Removed or spray over them too?
Thanks!
Steve W
They did cover the oval rubber snaps, but if I need to access them the liner can be cut with a sharp knife.

They plugged any holes that can be to install accessories, they removed the tie down brackets before spraying, and they removed then replaced all the screws on the tailgate.

The place I went to quoted me about 50 bucks more than the other closest place, but their reviews were top notch, so I went with them. Your mileage may vary, but I'm sure if you talk to the installers about your concerns before srpaying you'll be fine.

20200501_082755.jpg

20200501_082802.jpg

20200501_082813.jpg

20200501_082831.jpg

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment
They did cover the oval rubber snaps, but if I need to access them the liner can be cut with a sharp knife.

They plugged any holes that can be to install accessories, they removed the tie down brackets before spraying, and they removed then replaced all the screws on the tailgate.

The place I went to quoted me about 50 bucks more than the other closest place, but their reviews were top notch, so I went with them. Your mileage may vary, but I'm sure if you talk to the installers about your concerns before srpaying you'll be fine.

20200501_082755.jpg

20200501_082802.jpg

20200501_082813.jpg

20200501_082831.jpg
That all makes sense and looks very good, Thanks for the close ups. I don't see why I'd need to open the oval plugs better to have them covered, if I do need access as you say they can be cut loose.
Thanks!
Steve w

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Couldn't wait any longer. Less than 24 hours of ownership, and I had to de badge it. I'm not a fan of the bed side stickers. I know some guys are, but I'm going for less is more on this. Bed stickers, dealer sticker, and ecoboost logo gone. To my surprise, and delight, the front license plate bracket came off easy and didn't leave bumper holes (Pa doesn't require front plates). Finally a design that makes sense and isn't drilled into the bumper. Waiting for my points to drop so I can get some mud guards I think. I spent a couple hours searching side steps / nerf bars/ whatever for the Mrs. Having a hard time finding a stand out pair. Kinda looking for something minimal and sleek. Recommendations always welcome. The more I look at it, the more I want a level, wheels and tires. I better hold off on that one for a bit though for the longevity of my marriage.
IMG-4232.jpg

IMG-4237.jpg

Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Today, I finally installed the AFE bladerunner pipes and front lower seat covers. I already have a 3 inch exhaust with a straight through design Magnaflow muffler installed. These two performance mods went a long way. I believe that overall, it definitely runs better, and hopefully more efficiently. Another member had pointed out the small reducer that is part of our original mufflers that could possibly choke down the motor. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed how when you take your foot off of the gas pedal, the truck seemed to slow itself down fairly quickly. The exhaust seemed to get rid of that. Could just be in my head. The lower seat covers really shocked me how well they fit and stay in place. As you can see on the other seat, I would use a towel before. They were a good amazon find.

Snapchat-1446830098.jpg

20200430_204333.jpg

20200430_204207.jpg
Do you have the link for those lower seat covers, they look really nice. I might have to get a set for myself.

Harley_Mane

First Name
Diamante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
added bdtrims raised letter inserts, changed the ford blue oval, and added a litttle alabama custom logo to replace the dealerships decal.........damn i love this truck, yes its dirty, been raining here for a week LOL.

ranger mods.jpg

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
The doctor (dealer) picked up my truck today for her 12-month checkup. Brought her back with a clean bill of health.

On a side note -I could get used to this as a move-forward service (dealer picks up and returns your vehicle from servicing). I see they would normally charge $20 each way but that’s currently waived due to this fun environment we’re currently stuck in.

Chris

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Couldn't wait any longer. Less than 24 hours of ownership, and I had to de badge it. I'm not a fan of the bed side stickers. I know some guys are, but I'm going for less is more on this. Bed stickers, dealer sticker, and ecoboost logo gone. To my surprise, and delight, the front license plate bracket came off easy and didn't leave bumper holes (Pa doesn't require front plates). Finally a design that makes sense and isn't drilled into the bumper. Waiting for my points to drop so I can get some mud guards I think. I spent a couple hours searching side steps / nerf bars/ whatever for the Mrs. Having a hard time finding a stand out pair. Kinda looking for something minimal and sleek. Recommendations always welcome. The more I look at it, the more I want a level, wheels and tires. I better hold off on that one for a bit though for the longevity of my marriage.
IMG-4232.jpg

IMG-4237.jpg
Good looking truck! I was also looking for steps that weren’t too aggressive and ended up with the Go Rhino DSS. After I added 5/8” spacers to bring them out just a little more, in my opinion they are perfect.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
added bdtrims raised letter inserts, changed the ford blue oval, and added a litttle alabama custom logo to replace the dealerships decal.........damn i love this truck, yes its dirty, been raining here for a week LOL.

ranger mods.jpg

Ughh. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. ?

WAR DAMN EAGLE! :LOL:

On a serious note, nice color scheme you have going on there. I like the raised Ranger lettering.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ughh. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. ?

WAR DAMN EAGLE! :LOL:

On a serious note, nice color scheme you have going on there. I like the raised Ranger lettering.

Sorry buddy, another Roll Tide fan here. lol :rockon: ?

Roll Tide.jpg

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Good looking truck! I was also looking for steps that weren’t too aggressive and ended up with the Go Rhino DSS. After I added 5/8” spacers to bring them out just a little more, in my opinion they are perfect.
I do like those. I don’t mind the drop step ones as long as they’re not too in your face. Eventually I’d like to do a level, wheels and tires, so I figure a drop might help the Mrs. at less than 5’ tall ha. Just not sure how they would look on a stock vehicle for a bit until I get there.