First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We get back to the main docking area and you have to walk a short way back to the parking lot behind a storage building. I was first and ran into this guy. :oops: A car came by and he almost jumped right into it and stopped to eat across the street. No Bob @Bob902 I didn't get to ride the Moosie this time either.😂

IMG_9109.jpg

IMG_9110.jpg

IMG_9113.jpg
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
We get back to the main docking area and you have to walk a short way back to the parking lot behind a storage building. I was first and ran into this guy. :oops: A car came by and he almost jumped right into it and stopped to eat across the street. No Bob @Bob902 I didn't get to ride the Moosie this time either.😂

IMG_9109.jpg

IMG_9110.jpg

IMG_9113.jpg
You're really letting me down. Two days in a row. You should just go home.😁. That is really cool, though!!!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dan stopped the raft and said if we want to take one of the best pictures, this is a Christmas card shot. He was right.

IMG_9098.jpg

I zoomed in to get a close up of Grand Teton. The center crevice is a glacier and never melts. I wish I could remember how thick it was but it was a crazy depth.

IMG_9100.jpg

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Beautiful, I lived in WA state next to a salmon river. There was huge dead tree there that probably had 15-20 bald eagles that would roost when the salmon were running.. It’s just awesome to see them pluck a fifteen pound fish right out of the river like it was nothing. I never got tired of it. Just awesome!!

great pictures!!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We've been really lucky weather wise. Every day there's a threat of afternoon storms and because we get out early we've missed them. Today was a close one because we weren't 5 minutes does the road when the skies open up. I noticed some hail too but luckily it was small ( pea size) and only lasted about a minute. :whew:

IMG_9116.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Beautiful, I lived in WA state next to a salmon river. There was huge dead tree there that probably had 15-20 bald eagles that would roost when the salmon were running.. It’s just awesome to see them pluck a fifteen pound fish right out of the river like it was nothing. I never got tired of it. Just awesome!!

great pictures!!
Andy, when my parents had their first house on Marco Island, Fl there was a lake behind it. Just about every night at dawn a couple eagles would come there and swoop in to get dinner from it. Like you I never got tired all the years there watching this. Their nests were a few street over on an empty building lot and because they're protected the owner couldn't build until the eagle(s) moved.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
We've been really lucky weather wise. Every day there's a threat of afternoon storms and because we get out early we've missed them. Today was a close one because we weren't 5 minutes does the road when the skies open up. I noticed some hail too but luckily it was small ( pea size) and only lasted about a minute. :whew:

IMG_9116.jpg
It just reminds you that while hiking be prepared for any weather in the mountains. It can change really quickly..

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It just reminds you that while hiking be prepared for any weather in the mountains. It can change really quickly..
It sure does! Surprisingly you get a decent signal on most trails so I try and check the radar often. I've been a weather geek for years so I'm always checking the radar and watching the sky. Getting out early mornings helps because all the storms this week seem to roll in after 2:00 pm.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So are there any good shopping places up there? I need to know where to avoid when I go there with my other half.
The whole center of Jackson Hole is one big tourist trap for shopping. Luckily Annie's been so tired after hiking she falls asleep before we leave the parking lot to go home. Of course I don't wake her up until we're way pat the area. 🤫

But she's been a trooper hiking with me so tomorrow we'll probably stop there and load up the bed of the truck. 🤦‍♂️ Gotta even out the other side of that uneven bed!🤓

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
The whole center of Jackson Hole is one big tourist trap for shopping. Luckily Annie's been so tired after hiking she falls asleep before we leave the parking lot to go home. Of course I don't wake her up until we're way pat the area. 🤫

But she's been a trooper hiking with me so tomorrow we'll probably stop there and load up the bed of the truck. 🤦‍♂️ Gotta even out the other side of that uneven bed!🤓
And fix the bed rake of being too high 😂

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
WOW !! I cant keep up with my likes, but I am loving this thread. This is one area of the country I still havent been to. Thanks for the photo-log Dave !
Thanks Bob. One of the things that really made me move to AZ was there's o much to do out west. Most are within a short drive and if you like the outdoors it's heaven out here! The whole country really has some amazing sights to see! 🇺🇸

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
After being scared off by that hut and the thought of Scott's avatar creature killing us we found this nice spot to sit and have lunch on an old log. Not a bad view out in the middle of nowhere!

IMG_8931.jpg
That’s the way to eat. ;)
At least Ranger was safe this time.

Last edited:

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
You're doing a great job documenting the trip Dave. You've certainly put the Tetons on my radar quickly. Looks like a really fun time.

Does Annie hike with a compression sleeve on her knee? If not...
Sponsored