First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I'm contemplating replacing the stock muffler with something along the lines of this and retaining the resonator to keep things civil. Anybody done a weld-in muffler while retaining the resonator? I'm thinking this is a solid plan but am open to options....
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I did it with a Borla but I paid a shop about a hundred bucks to do it. they charged me for a hanger an labor an tax

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
It's a good plan if you're looking to add some sound on a budget. I've done the same thing on a previous vehicle with a Magnaflow muffler and it turned out great.

Just find a muffler that you think sounds good and weld that bad boy in place

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Do what floats your boat. I can guarantee that the overall performance will increase a litrle bit including MPG as long as you dont get into it much. One other option is to knock the 1 inch restrictor out of the muffler. A simple 4 ft pipe and a hammer will get the job done and it will help as well.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I did it with a Borla but I paid a shop about a hundred bucks to do it. they charged me for a hanger an labor an tax
Getting just the muffler, did you end up with a sound similar to the videos of what the Borla produces on the Ranger? And did you keep/remove the resonator?

I'm about to look into doing the same thing because I don't want to pay the $1000 for the entire cay-back system for the Type-S.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Getting just the muffler, did you end up with a sound similar to the videos of what the Borla produces on the Ranger? And did you keep/remove the resonator?

I'm about to look into doing the same thing because I don't want to pay the $1000 for the entire cay-back system for the Type-S.
I think it's a little more pronounced sound but I kept the resonator so it's more subdued.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
@Langwilliams do you recall which muffler you bought? Was it one of the crate mufflers?

Looking on their website there's like 50 different engine varieties.